(Topic ID: 230596)

Machines for sale in Central PA (all gone for now)

By too-many-pins

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snowflake (resized).jpg
    29March2016Nestico01 (resized).jpg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

As always I have a "space issue" I am dealing with. We want to get some machines sold ASAP but have limited space in the garage to "stage" machines that we will be selling. I am trying to locate local buyers for a few "quick sales" but I can't list everything we have for sale due to limited space in our garage.

Machines on the "short list" I would like to offer for sale include:

Last Action Hero - nice overall condition - likely around $2750
    Popeye Saves the Earth - nice overall condition - likely around $2750
    Getaway II - nice overall condition - likely around $3200
    Champion Pub - nice overall condition but backglass has issues - likely around $4750
    Flash - pretty nice overall - full LED's - around $1000
    Project Flash - likely around $450
    Project Hyperball - likely around $500

and two machines I currently have listed here on Pinside - Comet at $550 & Laser War @ $900

Since I have limited space in the garage sadly I can't list all of these for sale at one time. So what I would like to know is if anyone local has any interest in any of these titles? If so I can move those machines to the garage and list them for sale here on Pinside.

This is not a for "FOR SALE" post and I will not sell machines from this post. I am more than happy to give Pinside their money (selling fees) for these machines I just need to know which machines to move to the garage and list based on local interest. I have no interest in shipping at this point and don't want to deal with Craig's List. I just want to get a few machines sold to make some space so I am looking for local buyers here on Pinside.

THANKS!

#2 5 years ago

It’s a “likely for sale” post!

#3 5 years ago

since I am in "E-Town" at the moment. Central Pa. Bump!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s a “likely for sale” post!

No room in the garage - Phase 2 of my Virginia deal is about ready to happen and I need to get some stuff sold. If I list each machine on Pinside the next thing you know is I have a dozen request for pictures I can't take because most of the machines are currently folded up in my basement. If I say something about making room for the Virginia deal then everyone wants to know what is in that deal. Regardless of how I do this everyone seems to want it done some other way.

What I need - plan & simple - is some idea what machines there might be serious interest in. Then I need to move that stuff to the garage & get it sold & gone. I just don't have space to empty a 10x40 storage unit in Virginia and add that stuff to the mess I already have. So some machines MUST be sold & gone before I start bringing more home.

If you look at my feedbacks & sales history here anyone can see I have no issue listing & selling machines through Pinside's Marketplace. But I do have an issue with not being able to take listings down that don't sell without trying to explain I took them down because of space issues. I prefer just listing machines locals are interested in and selling those.

We are not in the "pinball business" we are in the "pinball hobby" and I happened to get lucky with a couple warehouse deals. Since we are not a business we don't have unlimited space so I need to work around space issues trying to sell off what I can with limited space to have machines staged. Nothing more & nothing less!

For some reason regardless of what I try to do or how I try to do it a few Pinsiders seem to have something to say about it? They always seem to be the same people, have never taken time to talk to me personally & will likely never do business with me. I don't try and pick fights with anyone here or anywhere else. I just try to do what I can for as many people as possible & live a simple life. I wish they would learn to do the same instead of always sticking their noses into other people's business.

#5 5 years ago

Here we go again.......Popcorn apoppin .............

#6 5 years ago

What's the point of this? Of course there is a buyer for any machine if the price is right. This post seems pointless to me and I don't get reasoning for it.

#7 5 years ago

I think the idea behind creating marketplace ads also concerns the fact that the system generates alerts for those who subscribe using Pinside+ (and not just the fees from the listings). In any case, creating ads might help generate interest because many people interested in the games would receive email alerts.

#8 5 years ago

My issue with posting Marketplace Ads is EVERYONE wants pictures. I can't take pictures WITHOUT having room to set up machines. Once I move machines to the garage and get them set up for pictures, get them listed, and have them up for sale the next thing I get is "what else do you have for sale".

All I want is to figure out what 3 or 4 machines might be most likely to sell quickly so I can move those to the garage. Everything will sell at some point but since I am ONLY looking for local pick up at this point in time I don't want to have to move machines to the garage and then have a dozen people wanting me to hold machines / ship machines / take additional pictures / etc.

If need be I'll just contact Lloyd at Coinopwarehouse and wholesale the stuff to him. But I would prefer selling machines to Pinsiders looking for them than going that route. According to other guys I know in the hobby who have sold to Lloyd recently he is paying near retail for nice machines these days? I guess his International customers are willing to pay enough for machines that he can pay good prices for machines these days?

Quoted from jake35:

What's the point of this? Of course there is a buyer for any machine if the price is right. This post seems pointless to me and I don't get reasoning for it.

The point of this post is to see if anyone NEAR Central PA happens to be looking for machines I am interested in selling. It really isn't all that hard to understand.

If anyone knows a better way to try and get a dozen or so machines sold in a month when they only have room to have a couple machines set up please let me know.

And as always everyone asking why I am doing this is either hiding their location or is too far away to be a buyer anyway.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

OP's an older guy (mid-60s) wanting to minimize wear and tear on his body dragging machines around to the garage, up a muddy hill, just to take pictures & find out there was zero interest. Logistics & age/health factors that limit the conventional way of doing things.

#10 5 years ago

I see what you mean, but at the same time.... As a potential buyer, I'd be interested in the getaway. Problem is, all I know is that you feel it is in "nice overall condition." Without pictures, it's not a title I'd drive a few hours to see. If I knew it was in nice condition to me, I might take the ride. Pictures go a long way in reducing disappointments and on scene lowballers.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I see what you mean, but at the same time.... As a potential buyer, I'd be interested in the getaway. Problem is, all I know is that you feel it is in "nice overall condition." Without pictures, it's not a title I'd drive a few hours to see. If I knew it was in nice condition to me, I might take the ride. Pictures go a long way in reducing disappointments and on scene lowballers.

I have no problem listing machines & posting pictures if there is some local interest but I am limited on space in the garage so I am just trying to find out what titles there might be local interest in before moving machines to the garage.

I just got home from a month in Florida and would like to get several machines sold & gone before snow flies. Only have room for a few in the garage is my reason for this post. If you have serious interest let me know and as soon as I can I'll try to get that machine moved to the garage for some pictures. Right now the garage is basically full but I have a guy picking up a machine next Saturday so if weather is still OK I could likely move one or maybe two machines to the garage next weekend.

#12 5 years ago

I’m in Virginia and I can’t follow the connection between central PA and your reference to a storage facility in VA.

If you want to list the titles you have in VA maybe that would help? I can’t tell. But then you said I can’t ask “what’s the Virginia deal?” So, I won’t.

#soconfused

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

I’m in Virginia and I can’t follow the connection between central PA and your reference to a storage facility in VA.
    If you want to list the titles you have in VA maybe that would help? I can’t tell. But then you said I can’t ask “what’s the Virginia deal?” So, I won’t.
    #soconfused

Basically I took a lot of heat a couple years ago when I posted about a warehouse deal I had made in Norfolk Virginia. People wanted more information than I had - I couldn't get pictures until deal was finalized - etc.

Anyway - now that same seller is ready to sell me the balance of those machines. In order for me to make that deal happen I need thousands of dollars more than I currently have in my pinball account and also need room here in PA to bring that stuff home.

So what I am trying to do is sell off a few machines from my project stash & my personal collection to help fund & make room for Phase 2 of the Virginia deal.

This really shouldn't be all that complicated for people to understand. I need space & cash and to get those I need to sell some machines. Right now I am trying to figure out what machines there might be local interest in so I can put those machines into our garage and get them listed here on Pinside. None of the "other stuff" really matters.

To sum it up - I need to sell a few machines so I can buy some more machines!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

To sum it up - I need to sell a few machines so I can buy some more machines!

But it's only likely they are for sale.....

#15 5 years ago

How does one find a "Warehouse Deal" ?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

You go door to door in an area with dilapidated buildings and ask "do you have any pinball machines for sale?"

#17 5 years ago

We are not in the "pinball business" we are in the "pinball hobby"

As an outsider that has followed your stories of this Virginia deal, I have some observations....

1. Why do you continue to buy machines that you have no money for, no space for, for the purpose of resale if your not in it as a business?

2. You clearly have “too many pins”, why have you not started selling off what sounds like a massive hoard of games years ago? No one here in this hobby has the means or time to stash that many machines with “intentions” to restore them for your collection, WITH NO SPACE FOR THEM TO BE PLAYED.

I have no problem with you buying these games but I think people are rubbed the wrong way when you state your not in it as a business, make threads of potential sales after potential warehouse deals. Wait to have machines in hand, have space ready for said machines, then list machines at prices that reflect condition.

I’m not trying to bash you at all, in fact I think it’s great your “saving” these games. Better preparation, recognizing you have way too many games hoarded, doing something about it and listing things like every person and business on here does.... when games are ready to sell, with pics and fair prices. It’s really not that difficult.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

As an outsider that has followed your stories of this Virginia deal, I have some observations....
    1. Why do you continue to buy machines that you have no money for, no space for, for the purpose of resale if your not in it as a business?
    2. You clearly have “too many pins”, why have you not started selling off what sounds like a massive hoard of games years ago? No one here in this hobby has the means or time to stash that many machines with “intentions” to restore them for your collection, WITH NO SPACE FOR THEM TO BE PLAYED.
    I have no problem with you buying these games but I think people are rubbed the wrong way when you state your not in it as a business, make threads of potential sales after potential warehouse deals. Wait to have machines in hand, have space ready for said machines, then list machines at prices that reflect condition.
    I’m not trying to bash you at all, in fact I think it’s great your “saving” these games. Better preparation, recognizing you have way too many games hoarded, doing something about it and listing things like every person and business on here does.... when games are ready to sell, with pics and fair prices. It’s really not that difficult.

This warehouse deal came from a "ghost in the past" and is kind of a very long story. To try to keep it as short as possible about 6 years ago I was looking for a Space Shuttle machine for our collection and I found a guy in Virginia selling one as part of a lot of 6 or 8 machines. I bought those machines from him just to get the Space Shuttle I wanted for our collection.

Anyway at that time he told me his uncle had warehouses full of machines and he had helped his uncle move a bunch of stuff around and the uncle gave him the machines I had bought as payment for this nephew helping him. Long story short 4 years later that seller contacted me and told me his uncle was ready to sell off the balance of his stuff. He wanted to deal with me because I was fair & honest with him on that first transaction.

Uncle & nephew only want to deal with me - I tried talking them into letting me pass deal off to someone local and their answer was "you or no one". So bottom line if I don't save these they will likely end up in a landfill. They are not coming to me cheap because I always pay what I think is "fair prices" for what I buy. But it isn't about money to the seller - they just want an easy transaction with someone they trust. In fact the deal is "X" amount of money for the balance of the machines then once I have the stuff sold I'll send them more if I do better than expected for them.

I have never been in the hobby for money - I am semi retired and buy and sell machines trying to upgrade our collection and get machines to people who will enjoy them or do something with them. Rarely do we have more than a handful of machines sitting that are not in our collection or up for sale but the past couple years my life has been turned upside down because of the volume of machines that have come in because of these couple warehouse deals.

After fuel cost, truck rental, storage rent, selling cost, etc I made enough on the last deal to have a couple decent meals and add one $2500 machine to our collection. Hardly worth all the work but as anyone who knows me will tell you - I don't do pinball for the money!

I do have dozens of "junk machines" in storage I part out as I have time trying to help people save their machines. But that is another entirely different story. And if anyone is interested I would sell that inventory in a heartbeat because I just don't have the energy it takes these days.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

Be careful what you wish for! Had I known what a PITA it would be I never would have gotten involved. It sounds great until it really happens then you have to deal with all the BS of trying to move & sell more machines than you have space for. It has been an interesting experience but I would never do it again!

#20 5 years ago

Those prices are high for no pictures. You dont do pics? You dont get full value.

#21 5 years ago

Ok, thanks for the background.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Those prices are high for no pictures. You dont do pics? You dont get full value.

Once I know what games people might be interested in I'll be moving those machines to the garage - taking pictures & then listing machines for sale. What I am trying to avoid is moving machines to the garage there is no local interest in. Limited garage space makes selling this time of the year very hard living in a raised ranch with nasty hills on both ends of the house.

I have never said these machines were for sale or said I wouldn't do pictures - I just asked if there was any local interest in any of these titles so I know what machines to move to the garage..

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

Ok, thanks for the background.

No Problem! My life seems to always be kind of complicated - some of which is my fault and some outside of my control!

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

Not with jewelers glasses !

#25 5 years ago

At this point it looks like the first couple machines headed to the garage & to be listed on Pinside will be Getaway & Champion Pub. They have been the two I have gotten the most emails about.

I am hoping to have one or both moved to the garage in the next week to 10 days. Once I get them moved & pictures taken I'll email people who asked about them after I have posted them for sale here on Pinside.

Thanks to all who helped me decide which machines should likely head to the garage first.

#26 5 years ago

I'm sorry, but these long winded posts feel a lot like.....

29March2016Nestico01 (resized).jpg29March2016Nestico01 (resized).jpg

#28 5 years ago

As I have done with prior posts by Skip (too-many-pins), I will vouch for him being a great seller and asset to the community. I purchased my 3rd and 4th machines from him many years ago (by this time I have had ~50 machines come in and out of my collection).

He was upfront with the machines condition, I was not surprised when I showed up to buy them, and they worked great for a long time after I bought them (I am still sad I let the Mousin' Around go that he sold me).

I saw two of his "junk machine" storage rooms many years ago. Skip was trying to save and keep of out of the dump a pile of pins with salvageable parts. He was having to pay real money each month for those storage rooms, these junk pins were not being kept in barn on the back 40 at no cost to him.

Skip makes available many hard to find parts from the machines he parts out. He has helped me out when I get project pins with critical parts missing. He is not like some part hoarders who have piles of stuff around but never put any of it back into circulation.

Buy with confidence and be understanding of Skip's situation.

#29 5 years ago

Too-many-stories

-or-

Too-many-excuses

-or-

too-many-posts

#30 5 years ago

Ignore the haters OP glws

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from mg81:

As I have done with prior posts by Skip (too-many-pins), I will vouch for him being a great seller and asset to the community. I purchased my 3rd and 4th machines from him many years ago (by this time I have had ~50 machines come in and out of my collection).
    He was upfront with the machines condition, I was not surprised when I showed up to buy them, and they worked great for a long time after I bought them (I am still sad I let the Mousin' Around go that he sold me).
    I saw two of his "junk machine" storage rooms many years ago. Skip was trying to save and keep of out of the dump a pile of pins with salvageable parts. He was having to pay real money each month for those storage rooms, these junk pins were not being kept in barn on the back 40 at no cost to him.
    Skip makes available many hard to find parts from the machines he parts out. He has helped me out when I get project pins with critical parts missing. He is not like some part hoarders who have piles of stuff around but never put any of it back into circulation.
    Buy with confidence and be understanding of Skip's situation.

Thanks for the kind words! It is my great customers like you that keep me going with this venture / hobby. I spend countless hours each week listening to my wife, son, family & friends telling me I am totally crazy doing all the work I do trying to save machines and machines parts basically for free & for the love of the hobby. Every time I do the math it comes out about the same with me making between $2 and $3 an hour profit doing this and even I wonder why I even bother at times.

I have learned to ignore the haters and just do what I need to do to get machines & parts to the people who appreciate my efforts.

And for those of you tired of hearing my stories you will be happy to know I'll be gone shortly. After 10+ years in the hobby with over 600 machines passing through my hands I have decided to move on to other things. I'll still continue to work through the parts machines selling parts on eBay as I have for years but after Phase 2 of the Virginia deal I am 100% done with buying machines.

This post has served its purpose - I have the list of machines headed to the garage and the order I need to move them in. Once those are gone I'll be done selling machines until I pick up Phase 2 of the Virginia deal sometime over the next few months. Once those are gone I'll basically be done with Pinside and all the hate here.

#32 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words! It is my great customers like you that keep me going with this venture / hobby. I spend countless hours each week listening to my wife, son, family & friends telling me I am totally crazy doing all the work I do trying to save machines and machines parts basically for free & for the love of the hobby. Every time I do the math it comes out about the same with me making between $2 and $3 an hour profit doing this and even I wonder why I even bother at times.
    I have learned to ignore the haters and just do what I need to do to get machines & parts to the people who appreciate my efforts.
    And for those of you tired of hearing my stories you will be happy to know I'll be gone shortly. After 10+ years in the hobby with over 600 machines passing through my hands I have decided to move on to other things. I'll still continue to work through the parts machines selling parts on eBay as I have for years but after Phase 2 of the Virginia deal I am 100% done with buying machines.
    This post has served its purpose - I have the list of machines headed to the garage and the order I need to move them in. Once those are gone I'll be done selling machines until I pick up Phase 2 of the Virginia deal sometime over the next few months. Once those are gone I'll basically be done with Pinside and all the hate here.

It's not that people hate on you. Beginning of round 1 you just ruffled a few feathers about the way you decided to make the machines available. You had a machine someone wanted, was willing to pay your price but they felt you were playing cat and mouse after they said "I'll take it" but wasn't able to purchase.

The "this is not a sale thread" and "no shipping" makes some remember the first thread no matter your intentions.

I guess what I mean is if you had just said I have X game, here is the condition, here is the price and had even 2 or 3 pictures all the drama would never had happened. The pictures didn't even have to have them set up and clean.

With that said, good for you helping get machines out and helping with parts from machines that are to far gone. That many machines at once is a monumental task. Everyone understands that for sure.

#34 5 years ago

As an "older guy", my take is this is how this Op likes to do business. He has pins that he will sell, but he is going to do it his way. He posts frequently, and seems interested in helping people in the Hobby. If you have interest in one of his games, PM him and start the conversation. If not, I do not think he is going to change his approach , why vent in his thread.

#35 5 years ago

It appears most of the posters here have not dealt with Skip - he is a reasonable guy, great seller, and in my experience has been pricing machines fairly based on value. It’s tough to look without pics, but I get the jam he’s in too. There’s no space to drag everything around! And that garage has 4 or 5 machines in it at all times. I’d put up 1 or 2 of the DMD games first, as you said, get those gone, they will be easiest to sell. And if they’re in good condition, get their real value, dont discount.

To get further interest you’re going to need to sell a few of the earlier SS machines at a good discount just to get some space and cash flow. At least, that’s what I’d do. Good luck! This is kind of exciting, so much stuff in that warehouse deal!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

As an "older guy", my take is this is how this Op likes to do business. He has pins that he will sell, but he is going to do it his way. He posts frequently, and seems interested in helping people in the Hobby. If you have interest in one of his games, PM him and start the conversation. If not, I do not think he is going to change his approach , why vent in his thread.

I have been buying & selling for over 50 years and will not change the way I do things because it works for me. Sadly right now I just don't have space in the garage for everything we want to sell. The purpose of this post was to try to decide what to move to the garage first and I have accomplished that.

The Deja vu here is the same haters trying to give me a hard time. I might be a slow learner but I have learned who they are and not to worry about what they have to say. 100% of you guys have been too far away to pick up machines from me and my local guys know who I am and why I do what I do.

#37 5 years ago

Looks like Laser War is tentatively sold so that and another machine (a Whirlwind that I sold a few months back to a regular customer) should be getting picked up this coming weekend. Once those are gone I'll be moving Champion Pub & Getaway II up to the garage and get pictures & listings posted ASAP.

Now I need to figure our what will be "next" on deck so if there is any local interest in anything else from my first post PM me and I'll get additional stuff to the garage ASAP.

Thanks to all who have helped me decide what goes to the garage when. Hopefully I'll be able to get the balance of what we have for sale moved to the garage before we get snow on the ground. If not the other stuff will just have to wait until Spring.

#38 5 years ago

Champion Pub is now in the garage and is currently listed here on Pinside in the Marketplace. I also relisted a project Volcano I thought was sold but buyer never followed up with me so after a month I decided it was time to offer that for sale again. Over the weekend I have a couple machines that are supposed to be picked up. Once that space is open I'll move a couple additional machines to the garage and get them listed. I think a nice Flash with full LED's and our Getaway II will be next to be moved & listed.

#39 5 years ago

My buyer for Laser War just contacted me and is having transmission issues with his car so that is back up for sale. Sorry to anyone who asked and I told them it was sold! Third machine this week that I thought was sold that fell through. Guess it isn't my week to make some extra space!

#40 5 years ago

I also relisted a project Volcano I thought was sold but buyer never followed up with me so after a month I decided it was time to offer that for sale again.

Don't know if I'm the guy your referring to Skip (trade for some parts games) But your last pm was kind of open ended on who was going to contact who after you got back from your vacay. I didn't hear from you either. Mike

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from psd4me:

Don't know if I'm the guy your referring to Skip (trade for some parts games) But your last pm was kind of open ended on who was going to contact who after you got back from your vacay. I didn't hear from you either. Mike

Mike - I was hoping you would see I relisted the machine and PM me. Somehow I deleted your old PM by mistake when I was clearing out my "old emails" before I went away. I like to purge old emails before we travel because I tend to get a ton of emails when we are away and like to have a clean start when I return home. I'll PM you right after I reply to this post.

#42 5 years ago

One machine gone this morning so I'll be moving Hyperball & Flash to the garage early next week and I'll get pictures posted at that time. For now I am going to list 3 additional machines in the Pinside Marketplace WITHOUT pictures (two FLASH machines and the Hyperball). Pictures will be added Monday or Tuesday once i have machines in the garage & they are set up.

#43 5 years ago

Pictures of the project Flash & Hyperball now up. If all goes as planned I'll get pictures of the other Flash tomorrow as well as moving Getaway to the garage for pictures and easy pick-up. Not much has moved from the garage yet but I do possibly have a trip south in the works if anyone south of PA wants one of my machines delivered to their driveway cheap.

#44 5 years ago

Most of the machines I intend to sell this Fall and Winter are now listed for sale but I still need room in the garage for two additional machines so I was hoping a couple machines might sell and be gone quickly but no such luck so far. I have had two tentative sales fall through - both guys are good customers of mine but timing was off for both of them as far as the money end of things.

I currently have 7 Machines listed here on Pinside with two of them being tentatively sold. I really need some space so I reduced the price on a couple others to my "rock bottom" price hoping for a quick sale. I have gotten a good many emails about these machines but only one machine has actually left the garage so far in almost two weeks and that was a machine I sold months ago. The machines that are tentatively sold will not be leaving for a while so that doesn't help my garage space issue.

Anyway I am moving the Getaway to the garage today for those who have asked about that. In order to get LAST ACTION HERO & POPEYE SAVES THE EARTH moved to the garage before the snow flies I need two additional slots open in the garage.

So what is the purpose for this post & update. Before this weekend I want two spaces open in the garage if something doesn't sell I need to move two machines from the garage to my storage unit to make some room. Those machines will be the project Flash & the project Comet. I am trying to give those machines every chance possible to sell before they are tucked away until the Allentown Show. If anyone has any interest in either please contact me ASAP.

Also I might be delivering the two machines tentatively sold to buyers in NC & TN sometime in the next few weeks. If anyone between here & Matthews, NC or Chatanooga, TN has any interest in anything I have listed for sale I could likely deliver it to you for around $150. I figure the trip to deliver the other two machines is going to cost me roughly $450 (fuel & motels) so it would be nice to dividing that by 3 instead of 2 saving everyone a little money. I could travel a little further if necessary but that would add a little extra cost I would have to pass along to a buyer.

As always - just putting all of this out there trying to get machines to someone who will do something with them instead of them just sitting in my storage unit or garage over the Winter. My mission is always to keep working & project machines moving once I decide they are not staying in the collection. I don't hoard machines - I only hoard "junk" machines that are waiting to be parted out & that is what the too-many-pins user name is all about. THANKS! Skip

#45 5 years ago

I think the folks who feel the need to comment on Skip's posts are hilarious...every time Skip lists games potentially for sale there a sub-section of you guys who feel the need to make critical comments. If you haven't changed Skip's ways yet, why do you still post attempting to try? Or is it you think you're clever or witty? Very few of you actually are...mostly you just look dumb for wasting your breath/keystrokes. Skip ain't gonna change...and plenty of folks have bought games from Skip and are happy.

I especially like the one's who say "if you're weren't so confusing, maybe I'd buy a game from you". LOL. Us horders could give two shits whether you buy our games or not...Skip actually tries harder than most of us to move his games, and here on Spinside he gets a bunch of grief for it. As if there's some sort of guide book on how to conduct a sale. Unbelievable...

GLWTS Skip...see ya at the shows man...

Sean

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

I think the folks who feel the need to comment on Skip's posts are hilarious...every time Skip lists games potentially for sale there a sub-section of you guys who feel the need to make critical comments. If you haven't changed Skip's ways yet, why do you still post attempting to try? Or is it you think you're clever or witty? Very few of you actually are...mostly you just look dumb for wasting your breath/keystrokes. Skip ain't gonna change...and plenty of folks have bought games from Skip and are happy.
    I especially like the one's who say "if you're weren't so confusing, maybe I'd buy a game from you". LOL. Us horders could give two shits whether you buy our games or not...Skip actually tries harder than most of us to move his games, and here on Spinside he gets a bunch of grief for it. As if there's some sort of guide book on how to conduct a sale. Unbelievable...
    GLWTS Skip...see ya at the shows man...
    Sean

Sean,

Thanks for the kind words. As I have already told dozens of my customers who keep emailing & PMing me and telling me not to worry about the few "haters" here on Pinside "those guys will never discourage me". What is discouraging to me is how much my age has slowed me down in the past couple years. I know my days of moving 30 or 40 machines to a show or emptying a storage unit and moving 30 parts machines to dig out a $10 part for someone are coming to an end. Now my mission is to get as much of this stuff to someone who will do something with it while I still can.

You can't imagine how much I would love to tell the seller of "Phase 2" of the warehouse deal that I am just too old to deal with it. But I know if I don't do it everything is headed to the landfill. He has told me more than once "me or no one" and with the money that family has I have no reason to doubt him. He was even unhappy with me when I brought my adult son along to empty the first warehouse. They don't like strangers invading their space and I get that. That is the only reason I have not just walked away from this deal years ago!

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

I think the folks who feel the need to comment on Skip's posts are hilarious...every time Skip lists games potentially for sale there a sub-section of you guys who feel the need to make critical comments.

What I don't get is why is this thread even allowed? We have a market. This should be in there. If he wants to list in the regional thread for the sub 3k stuff, he should and can do it all at once. The stuff over 3k should be its own marketplace thread. Those are the rules everyone else has to live by, why is this guy a special snowflake? If we all start making excuses do we get to ignore the rules?

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

What I don't get is why is this thread even allowed? We have a market. This should be in there. If he wants to list in the regional thread for the sub 3k stuff, he should and can do it all at once. The stuff over 3k should be its own marketplace thread. Those are the rules everyone else has to live by, why is this guy a special snowflake? If we all start making excuses do we get to ignore the rules?

EVERYTHING I have for sale has been listed in the marketplace. This thread was originally posted to decide what machines to move to the garage for listing first and what ones I should wait to more. Now I have updated it to "for sale" again explaining why I need to do what I do.

It seems you are one of a handful of jackasses that never seems to get it with my space issues. If Robin doesn't want my money from machines I have for sale or moderators have an issue with this post just let me know. I'll be more than happy to just close my Pinside account and sell my machines on Craig's List & Facebook like a lot of other guys I know that use to post here and finally got sick of all the drama & bull shit.

I am really getting sick of a handful of people who are too far away to do business with me constantly giving me a bunch of shit every time I try to get machines to people who will do something with them.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You go door to door in an area with dilapidated buildings and ask "do you have any pinball machines for sale?"

I know this is supposed to be a joke, but, back in the day, that was pretty much what you had to do .

#50 5 years ago

EVERYTHING I have for sale has been listed in the marketplace. This thread was originally posted to decide what machines to move to the garage for listing first and what ones I should wait to more. Now I have updated it to "for sale" again explaining why I need to do what I do.
    It seems you are one of a handful of jackasses that never seems to get it with my space issues. If Robin doesn't want my money from machines I have for sale or moderators have an issue with this post just let me know. I'll be more than happy to just close my Pinside account and sell my machines on Craig's List & Facebook like a lot of other guys I know that use to post here and finally got sick of all the drama & bull shit.
    I am really getting sick of a handful of people who are too far away to do business with me constantly giving me a bunch of shit every time I try to get machines to people who will do something with them.

You created a thread where you listed prices for machines. It is an advertisement, period. There is no real wiggling around here. This wasn't in the market advise section. You posted an ad. Getting your panties in a twist because someone suggests you actually follows the rules and threatening to leave does not do you any favors. Don't want to be here, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-for-sale-shortly-in-central-pa?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.