(Topic ID: 230596)

Machines for sale in Central PA (all gone for now)

By too-many-pins

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

snowflake (resized).jpg
    29March2016Nestico01 (resized).jpg
    There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

You created a thread where you listed prices for machines. It is an advertisement, period. There is no real wiggling around here. This wasn't in the market advise section. You posted an ad. Getting your panties in a twist because someone suggests you actually follows the rules and threatening to leave does not do you any favors. Don't want to be here, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Most (if not all) the moderators here know me and we have talked about some of my space issues to a great extent. If I ever talk about a machine being for sale on Pinside and don't list it in the marketplace once I am finally ready to sell it I would be more than happy to send Robin the entire price of that machine. I have NO ISSUE paying my fair share (or more).

My issue is if I list a machine for sale without pictures you same guys jump on me about the price of a machine with no pictures. Other guys start asking when it could be picked up or other questions and it opens a can of worms for me. So for me to sell more machines that I have room for in the garage I need to decide what should be moved to the garage so I can take pictures. It really isn't all that hard to understand.

As I have said if you would like report this and I can talk to the moderators about it. This post is 100% to decide what to move to the garage next and then once the machine is in the garage post it for sale. Nothing more & nothing less!

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Those are the rules everyone else has to live by, why is this guy a special snowflake? If we all start making excuses do we get to ignore the rules?

Pinside Community Rules are ignored pretty often when you get down to it.

Totally okay to call this guy a "special snowflake" though..
    snowflake (resized).jpgsnowflake (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Pinside Community Rules are ignored pretty often when you get down to it.
    Totally okay to call this guy a "special snowflake" though..
    [quoted image]

Not even close - I am much fatter than that guy! And he is better looking too!

#54 5 years ago

For any of you that can't seem to understand why I need to move machines to the garage before I take pictures take a look at my latest listing in the Marketplace. I was tied up all afternoon with a guy interested in buying my parts business so I didn't get a chance to move that Getaway machine to the garage for pictures. I promised 3 or 4 guys I would get it posted today so I have to take a few quick pictures in the basement. See how well that works out in this house!

Several people 1/2 way (or more) across the US have decided to try to give me shit about everything I try to do. I don't know if they are pissed because I don't ship machines, are jealous because I keep making deals on bigger lots of machines by being fair with sellers, or if they are always just A-holes. But if you look at my post it is always the same 15 or 20 guys trying to give me grief. And none of them are close enough to ever be customers!

I will keep doing what I need to do. They can keep giving me a hard time but my local guys know what I am all about.

#55 5 years ago

Looks like the weather I have been worried about is about ready to begin. Chance of an inch of snow late tonight or early tomorrow morning then 3 or 4 days with some off and on rain. That will put an end to me moving machines from the basement until late Spring.

I am moving a couple of machines from the garage to storage today then moving a couple machines from the basement to the garage. Once all that if finished I'll have room for maybe 1 or 2 additional machines to be moved from the basement to the garage. So I am going to put up "one last call" to see if there is any local interest in the following machines.

Last Action Hero - nice overall condition - likely around $2750
    Popeye Saves the Earth - nice overall condition - likely around $2750
    and new to the list a very nice project Silverball Mania for around $1100

IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE AROUND 4 PM TODAY or these will be stuck in the basement until Spring.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

For any of you that can't seem to understand why I need to move machines to the garage before I take pictures take a look at my latest listing in the Marketplace. I was tied up all afternoon with a guy interested in buying my parts business so I didn't get a chance to move that Getaway machine to the garage for pictures.

Got any more excuses as to why you can do whatever you like? A tip and then I am draining this thread, spend less time making the excuses. It will leave you with more time to do all the things you say you don't have time for.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Got any more excuses as to why you can do whatever you like? A tip and then I am draining this thread, spend less time making the excuses. It will leave you with more time to do all the things you say you don't have time for.

I don't make excuses I try to explain our rather unique situation. Not everyone has the same situation so without me knowing someone personally I never question what they are saying. One thing I will say for sure is I doubt if any of you "haters" work half as hard as this old man does!

Just for the record of the machines I originally posted here everyone was saying were priced too high I have 10 of the 12 I posted sold or tentatively sold in less than two weeks! And the ones that are tentatively sold are only tentative because I am trying to decide if I want to make a 2000 mile trip next week to deliver 4 machines to 3 buyers in my "spare time".

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I am draining this thread

Good idea.
    I sort of agree with your original point, but it doesn't seem worth getting worked up about. Just don't look at the thread if it bothers you.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Good idea.
    I sort of agree with your original point, but it doesn't seem worth getting worked up about. Just don't look at the thread if it bothers you.

THANKS! Exactly what some people should do. That is why Pinside has IGNORE

#60 5 years ago

THANKS! Exactly what some people should do. That is why Pinside has IGNORE

On RGP it was always perplexing to me why so many folks apparently couldn't just ignore the posts/opinions/trolls they didn't like...but they obviously couldn't. So we moved to Spinside, where "this wouldn't happen cause there's mods and rules and tools and golden rainbows of wonderfulness". LOL...it's all good though...the inline pics are occasionally handy.

HIOP!!

Sean

#61 5 years ago

Looks like everything I planned to sell this Fall and could fit in the garage is now sold other than the Flash that is shopped and has full LED's. If anyone between here & Meriden, CT or between here & Marietta, GA is interested in that Flash I'll be delivering machines in both those directions in the next week or two.

$850 CASH plus a few dollars towards fuel and I'll drop a nice looking & playing FLASH in your driveway just in time for Christmas!

Garage is full of machines I need to deliver or that are waiting to be picked up so I can't move the last three (Last Action Hero, Silverball Mania, & Popeye) to the garage at this point. So my sell off of machines is basically done in less then two weeks as long as everyone follows through with their agreements.

#62 5 years ago

Happy it worked out for you!!

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Happy it worked out for you!!

It takes a ton of work to make this stuff happen. I'll be driving over 2500 miles in the next week dropping off machines to buyers just to get my garage empty for the next load. But several people are very happy and I'll have the space I need so all is good!

I would love to drop the finished Flash to someone along the way but I guess all I can do is wait and see if I have any interest in that offer.

#64 5 years ago

Man I hope you're charging a delivery fee. I steer away from those kinds of deals. I want cash & carry deals where the person comes to me, inspects, plays, is happy with machine and buys it. Too many things can go wrong if you deliver a game that's not working.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Man I hope you're charging a delivery fee. I steer away from those kinds of deals. I want cash & carry deals where the person comes to me, inspects, plays, is happy with machine and buys it. Too many things can go wrong if you deliver a game that's not working.

I only charge for my fuel. Nothing for labor - time - etc. Since I am semi retired I don't mind and if for some reason a deal goes south after I make the drive I don't worry all that much about it. Life is way to short to worry about the "little stuff".

As I say all the time everything I do I do to try to help people get machines they want or parts they need. I know I am 95% crazy and I hear that on a daily bases from either my wife or my son but in the end I have made a hell of a lot of friends over the years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Even my bad days are better than having to work a "real job" and I have been blessed to have done very well over the years with my various business ventures. Since I semi retired about 14 years ago I don't worry too much about anything but enjoying life & helping my family & friends.

#66 5 years ago

I am fairly sure Flash is now also spoken for. So for now I am done selling off machines. If the weather holds I'll try to get the last few we are considering selling moved to the garage and quietly post those for sale in the market.

A big thank you to everyone who helped make this happen!

-Skip-

#67 5 years ago

I only charge for my fuel. Nothing for labor - time - etc. Since I am semi retired I don't mind and if for some reason a deal goes south after I make the drive I don't worry all that much about it. Life is way to short to worry about the "little stuff".
    As I say all the time everything I do I do to try to help people get machines they want or parts they need. I know I am 95% crazy and I hear that on a daily bases from either my wife or my son but in the end I have made a hell of a lot of friends over the years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Even my bad days are better than having to work a "real job" and I have been blessed to have done very well over the years with my various business ventures. Since I semi retired about 14 years ago I don't worry too much about anything but enjoying life & helping my family & friends.

You're either nuts or a very nice guy lol, glad to see some machines being sold.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

You're either nuts or a very nice guy lol, glad to see some machines being sold.

I get told on a daily bases that I am "insane - nuts - or crazy" and I have the same response every time someone tells me that. The response is: "and you think you are the first one that has told me that TODAY".

When I was younger I always dreamed of being a millionaire then when I had my landscaping business millionaires are the only people I worked for. I have never met a bunch on more unhappy people in my life. Shortly after that, when I destroyed my back for the first time, I realized life shouldn't be about money - it should be about enjoying life and helping people. Once I changed my attitude towards money I always seemed to have more than I needed.

People tend to think life is all about money and that ruins their lives. I make my life about helping people and the money seems to keep coming in faster than I really need it. I'll never be rich - I'll never go hungry - and I'll always be happy until the day I die because I discovered about 30 years ago there is more to life than the all mighty dollar.

When I look at Tim Arnold at PHOF I see a guy that realized that much earlier in life than most people do! The richest guy in the cemetery is still dead. The guy that did all he could to enjoy life is just as dead but at least he enjoyed the ride while he was alive.

#69 5 years ago

Once I changed my attitude towards money I always seemed to have more than I needed.

This has been my experience too, Skip. All the best to you in your endeavors!

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

This has been my experience too, Skip. All the best to you in your endeavors!

THANKS!

#71 5 years ago

I just changed post title to "all gone for now" because I just made a deal on that Flash - it is headed 100 north of my other stop to drop off Laser War & Volcano to a great guy in Connecticut.

If I have the time tomorrow after I get those 3 machines loaded I am going to try and move Popeye, Last Action Hero & Silverball Mania to the garage. If that happens I'll list those sometime shortly after the New Year. Between now and Christmas I'll be on the road over 2500 miles delivering sold machines and picking up some shit I bought. (I really need to stop buying - this is a real sickness! Does anyone know a cure for pinball addiction?) Then we have guest coming for about a week so Jan 3rd or 4th will be the first chance I'll have to start selling again and it will be just those 3 machines UNTIL the warehouse deal is finalized and picked up.

After next week we will be able to get two cars in the garage for the first time since we got into this crazy hobby over 10 years ago. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders - NEVER AGAIN!

Anyway THANKS AGAIN to all who helped me make some room in the garage.

#72 5 years ago

People tend to think life is all about money and that ruins their lives. .

One simple sentence changed my thought and perspective on money. It is “Are you planning for a rainy day or a sunny tomorrow? How you answer this either shackles you or frees your relationship with money. It’s a mindset question, not a dollar amount one.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

One simple sentence changed my thought and perspective on money. It is “Are you planning for a rainy day or a sunny tomorrow? How you answer this either shackles you or frees your relationship with money. It’s a mindset question, not a dollar amount one.

I dont know. I don't live for money, but I always thought ya should hope for a sunny tomorrow, but plan for a rainy day just in case.

#74 5 years ago

A Wise Man leaves an inheritance for his childrens children.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I dont know. I don't live for money, but I always thought ya should hope for a sunny tomorrow, but plan for a rainy day just in case.

That is the crux of the question. Some work for a rainy day while others work for a sunny tomorrow. You have to ask the question what are you working for and towards. Again, it is not a dollar question, it is a mindset one.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

A Wise Man leaves an inheritance for his childrens children.

The even wiser man teaches his children and their children how to build wealth.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

And not waste the money they earn!

#78 5 years ago

Then we have guest coming for about a week

Will you be selling a couple more to make room for them in the garage?

#79 5 years ago

I work to buy more pinball machines! Rainy day or Sunny tomorrow I will always be buying!! Glad you got everything sold Skip!

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Will you be selling a couple more to make room for them in the garage?

As things stand right now I will never have that problem again! As I said somewhere in the past we are basically getting out of the hobby. Too much drama here, too much work, I am getting too old to move these machines, etc.

Since I have been committed to that warehouse deal and never go back on my word I will be bringing more machines in at some point. Those will likely get sold at our local shows - it is just easier for me that way. Other than that I don't plan on ever buying another pinball machine.

It has been a fun ride most of the time but the return for the work is in no way worth it. Thankfully it has never been about the money to me but no semi rational person works at something hundreds of hours a month and doesn't expect to see at least some return on their investment. When that return is less than $3 an hour it is hardly about money.

All my project machines are now basically sold except for one lonely Silverball Mania. Our collection is down to under 15 machines and half of them will be getting sold off at some point but that can be done one at a time like most rational people would do.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from cyroute:

I work to buy more pinball machines! Rainy day or Sunny tomorrow I will always be buying!! Glad you got everything sold Skip!

No more buying for Skippy!

Time to fully retire and really start enjoying traveling more. In my free time I have 3 houses to work on and I don't even own a house. We sold our house about 15 years ago because I got tired of always having something that needed to be done. Now I am helping two kids with their houses and helping my sister & brother-in-law with a house they bought last Fall. If I knew selling one house would create this monster I would have just kept the house. But I guess at that point I would be working on 4 houses so I guess I am still ahead of the game?

#82 5 years ago

I just did an actual count on machines still in our collection and if you exclude the three machines I still have to sell that number is 14 machines. If my deal goes through on my parts business sale I am going to be able to change my posting ID here to "rational-number-of-pins" instead of "too-many-pins"

Then in a year or so (after another 5 to 7 are sold) I'll be able to change it again to "finally-the-right-size-collection".

#83 5 years ago

I just did an actual count on machines still in our collection and if you exclude the three machines I still have to sell that number is 14 machines. If my deal goes through on my parts business sale I am going to be able to change my posting ID here to "rational-number-of-pins" instead of "too-many-pins"
    Then in a year or so (after another 5 to 7 are sold) I'll be able to change it again to "finally-the-right-size-collection".

Hey Skip, just put "Not" in front of your handle!!

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hey Skip, just put "Not" in front of your handle!!

LOVE IT!

If the parts deal happens I'll do that real soon. I know the guy I talked to about the parts business is the right guy for it just from the two or three hours we talked. I just hope he decides it is right for him. Together we came up with the perfect way to establish a "fair price" for both of us and he seemed super excited about it but only time will tell.

As with anything I put up for sale - asking price is a starting point to work from - then when I meet with a potential buyer we figure out what a "fair" price should be on what I am selling. Doing business that way over the years has served me well. And for all you guys that never tried to do business with me you will never know what great deals people got that took the time to get to know me in person.

It has been a fun ride but that ride is coming to an end. Remember to support my son Wayne with his Pinitech endeavor - you will not be disappointed with anything he sells. And thankfully he treats his customers like his dad does so you will never see a complaint about customer service when dealing with him.

Thanks to everyone who has made the past 10 or 12 year in the hobby so enjoyable for me. And for the handful of haters - don't worry I am almost gone!

#85 5 years ago

Hey skip your post are like a soap opera.. Same sh-t diff. Day...

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from Geddy2112:

...and STILL you're here....

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from Geddy2112:

Except in less than two weeks I have sold 12 "overpriced pins" and possibly sold a pinball parts business. Shipped dozens of parts to people who needed them. Am driving 2500 miles in the next week FOR FREE delivering pins I sold to my customers and have still managed to stir up a bunch of shit here. What have you guys accomplished in that same couple weeks?

I doubt any of you have done anything close to that for the love of the hobby!

Quoted from spfxted:

...and STILL you're here....

I might just hang around the rest of my life just to piss the haters off!

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

The quote goes, "...but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous."

Hasn't exactly been my experience though.

#89 5 years ago

And one more thing I did this week is offered to check my "stash" of ramps for anyone looking for specific ramps I might have. Since I will no longer be buying machines I no longer need to save these ramps!

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-for-sale-shortly-in-central-pa/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.