View topic image gallery

filter_leakage (resized).jpg
IMG_0009a.jpg
Machine2 (resized).jpg
machine1 (resized).jpg
Vid (resized).jpg
20220628_093622 (resized).jpg
20220628_090352 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

You mentioned that you replaced the line cord to the machine - Did you replace the cord cap (The end that plugs into the wall) or was it a molded end piece that you didn't have to mess with?

If you installed a cord cap, open it back up and make sure you don't have a whisker (single strand) of the wires out of place.

If this is a new cord with a molded cord cap, use a meter on the 20 M setting and measure from white to black, black to green, white to green. You should see high (near infinite) resistance. If not, then disconnect the end of the cord inside the machine and measure again. If you do not see infinite, you got a bad power cord.

Assuming the GFCI is good, then there has to be something wrong with the cord or cord connection. I don't see anything jumping out at me in your pics.

#16 1 year ago

I'm not sure how the filter being wired backwards would cause the GFCI to trip with the machine turned off, unless the filter is bad.

#34 1 year ago

What does your meter read when both leads are together? In other words, what does your meter read when it should be zero?

Also, what does the ground braid to the ground prong at the wall end of the cord read?

Have you disconnected the cord from the filter and verify that the cord itself is good?

#44 1 year ago

What do you read from the ground braid just inside the door, left side of cabinet to the ground prong on your wall plug?

On my machines(Space Invaders, Mata Hari, Power Play, Evel K) I read 0.3 to 0.4 ohms.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Billc479.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machine-trips-gfi-receptacle-even-when-powered-off?tu=Billc479 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.