• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ashburton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone had any advice on choosing a machine to sit next to my JD. Looking for something a bit slower with longer ball times - the only way I'm going to get away with this is if the wife enjoys playing it!

Cheers!

#3 9 years ago

Simpson's Pinball Party. How could you go wrong with the best pin ever made?

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions - buying options can be a bit limited here in the UK, so it's good to have a few to investigate. Who Dunnit looks like fun and like it might be in budget when it does come up for sale, but I think TSPP is going to be out of my price range.

#6 9 years ago

I would definitely agree with BoP. You have a lot of shots with tons to do in JD. Bride is more simplistic, slower paced, and just plain satisfying. Even casual players can get the idea of how to progress (i.e. the head). BoP is starting to creep up on my want list.

#7 9 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions- yeah, BOP is a good shout - I've only played it on the xbox live arcade and as you say I remember it being easy to pick up from a progression standpoint.

She seemed to be drawn to Diner for some reason when we visited the Hall of Fame in Vegas (didn't get a game in on it myself) but wonder if that could be an option. There's one finishing on ebay UK for £1,000 in a few hours time...

#8 9 years ago

Roadshow is a great game for the money and slower paced. Congo is not the easiest to find, but a great game for all skill levels.

#9 9 years ago

Party Zone I feel is a really fun title that doesn't get much credit. The ball times are above average and the theme is colorful and fun.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Chicks dig WHO dunnit!

Surprisingly fun game liked by kids and women but tends to be a little easy for a more seasoned player. Better in a larger collection. JMO.

#11 9 years ago

Who dunnit be cool

#12 9 years ago

If your wife likes Diner, and one has come up at a fair price near you, definitely go for it.

There are a lot of good games out there. Having a chance to get one you know the wife likes is a lucky break, though.

#13 9 years ago

Not sure where the budget is at, but Cyclone is a game that most women and kids enjoy.

#14 9 years ago

Thanks very much for the suggestions guys... Missed out on that Diner unfortunately so will keep an eye out for some of these other titles instead. Really appreciate the input!

#15 9 years ago

Whirlwind seems to be a top vote getting among my female family and friends.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Ditto on WW...also Fish tales and Creature are big with the fems.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Can't go wrong with Whirlwind. I love it. Diner is great, but WW is an absolute classic and edges out Diner in terms of gameplay, layout, and theme. The game is also very immersive with the whole storm vibe (fan, spinning discs, etc).

#18 9 years ago

I would recommend Elvira and the Party Monsters, grea t game.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Chicks dig WHO dunnit!

My wife is in love with Who Dunnit

#20 9 years ago

My wife loved Cyclone and WW, either would be great

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machine-to-complement-jd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.