Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello. I recently got a Secret Service pin for only $150. It seems to all work and play well but the sounds are wrong when hitting the bumpers, spinners and targets.
I have looked at all the boards and they all look clean.
Also the machine is different every time I power it on ie like the language
Would this be a sound board issue or main board? Im not sure on where to go from here.
Thanks for any and all help
#data east #secret service

#2 5 years ago

Welcome to the forum! I would suggest reseating ROMs on your CPU and sound boards as well as ribbon cables. If the issue persists you may have bit rot in your CPU ROM or one of the sound ROMs requiring the chips to be reflashed or replaced.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Welcome to the forum! I would suggest reseating ROMs on your CPU and sound boards as well as ribbon cables. If the issue persists you may have bit rot in your CPU ROM or one of the sound ROMs requiring the chips to be reflashed or replaced.

Thanks for the welcome and quick repsonse. This may seem dumb but how would i go about resetting the roms

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Shaunb5951:

Thanks for the welcome and quick repsonse. This may seem dumb but how would i go about resetting the roms

#5 5 years ago

Awesome this worked. Plays like a completely different game now. Thank you

#6 5 years ago

Glad that's all it was!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 18.95
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machine-makes-wrong-sounds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.