New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 151321)

Machine Held Hostage (Space Invaders)

By Vic88

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bangerjay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

vf3_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Does anyone in the Chicago land area want this machine. Personally, I find this to be repulsive and this man should be ashamed.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2 4 years ago

Wow. Hope you guys find it a home.

#3 4 years ago

This calls for a rescue operation

#4 4 years ago

Playfield looks pretty damn good for a SI!

#5 4 years ago

I believe it's trying to be rescued, it's been talked about on the Chicago thread. Emails have been sent

#6 4 years ago

"Buy my thing for the price I want or else I will destroy it, which does not harm you but will cost me about $300."

Great threat! This guy is super on top of his CL game.

Edit: Vic, buy that stupid moped in my garage for $250 or I will drive it into a brick wall.

#7 4 years ago

To him its only $300, he doesn't understand the 30 hours of work and $5-$700 its going to cost on the back end to get it going again.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic88:

To him its only $300, he doesn't understand the 30 hours of work and $5-$700 its going to cost on the back end to get it going again.

More like 80 hours for me

#9 4 years ago

We do not negotiate with terrorists. If he trashes it it will cost him 1-200 dollars. It will pop up again down road and if it doesnt, oh well

#10 4 years ago

I have two totes full of baseball cards I would give him in a heartbeat for it if I were closer....if I throw in my starting lineup collection, would he include shipping?

#11 4 years ago

He's a moron, but, it's his game.

And, in his meager defense, he has probably been driven batstuff crazy from all the emails, texts, and phone calls from pinheads all across the fruited plain telling him that the game was worth $2.59.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

He's a moron, but, it's his game.
And, in his meager defense, he has probably been driven batstuff crazy from all the emails, texts, and phone calls from pinheads all across the fruited plain telling him that the game was worth $2.59.

I don't have much sympathy.

$300 is pretty fair, but this thing would have sold months ago at $200.

Backglass: wait maybe as long a year to find a nice one for $300.
Boards: either rework the MPU or drop in a $200 Altek. Who knows what else will be needed.
Miscellany: $100 for this disassembled, long unshopped game.

Projects tend to price out around 'project=FMV shopped-parts cost,' so $300 is fair but I assume others, like me, aren't enthusiastic about the BG hunt part. $200 or $250 would have moved it super fast.

#13 4 years ago

Even tho I am rebuilding mine and knowing my wife would choke me,if it were close I would be all over it.

#14 4 years ago

He should have just left it alone and not taken it apart. or at least finished the job. I'm sure someone would have bought a fully working SI at $300, even if the backglass was junk.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

He should have just left it alone and not taken it apart. or at least finished the job. I'm sure someone would have bought a fully working SI at $300, even if the backglass was junk.

The ad made it sound like it doesn't work - probably bad boards that will need to be fixed or replaced.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The ad made it sound like it doesn't work - probably bad boards that will need to be fixed or replaced.

- all I come up around here with is working solid state games, what fun is that?

#17 4 years ago

So......he won't take less than $300 but if he destroys the game he gets $0 for it. Yeah that makes complete sense.

#18 4 years ago

??:that add is hilarious

#19 4 years ago

Could part it out and use cab for a virtual pin.

#20 4 years ago

We do not negotiate with baseball card collectors!

#21 4 years ago

It's funny how he says cards from the 80s, they're all pretty much worthless

#22 4 years ago

You guys better give me $500 for each of these remaining turds!...OR ELSE!

vf3_(resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago

I'm on it!

#24 4 years ago

If I was closer or going up there to get another game, I would probably take it home. I'm dumb like that.

#25 4 years ago

Good. Sometimes it takes crazy to deal with crazy.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from anthony691:

"Buy my thing for the price I want or else I will destroy it, which does not harm you but will cost me about $300."
Great threat! This guy is super on top of his CL game.
Edit: Vic, buy that stupid moped in my garage for $250 or I will drive it into a brick wall.

I'll pay $100 to watch.

#27 4 years ago

I saw that one. This guy is a joke.

#28 4 years ago

$300 is high. I just sold one with perfect backglasses for $500 with nice cabinet. the backglasses were most of the value. $150 is about what someone should pay for this. If it's in their backyard and they dont' have to drive, $200.

1 week later
#29 4 years ago

well today was the day....... add has been deleted , wonder if the ransom $ was paid in time

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

well today was the day....... add has been deleted , wonder if the ransom $ was paid in time

I think someone mentioned in the craigslist laughs thread that they bought it.

[edit]: It was actually a different thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/20#post-2956430

#31 4 years ago

Good news thanks for the update!

#32 4 years ago

I know the email trail died on me too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside