Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Is it just my machines or is it something I just noticed. I finally put the legs on the Gottlieb torch tonight and noticed it is about an inch and a half taller than both the Williams and Bally machines. I also went out to the garage and measured the Gottlieb Street Fighter II and it is also the higher height like the Torch. I have the front legs on the Gottliebs at near their lowest setting.

Just wondering about the height differences between manufacturers and wondering it's it normal or something to do with production years etc ...

#2 14 years ago

Yea, that is an interesting one, my TZ, No fear, STTNG and termi 2, are all exactly the same height, from lockdown bars to back box height, exactly.
Monster Bash looks odd beacuse it is about 1 & 1/2 inches higher at the back box.
When i had the Jurassic Park, it was higher than the Monster Bash!!!

#3 14 years ago

Thanks for commenting Leigh .. I hadn't really noticed the backglass proportions... the ones on the taller machines are thicker around the edges and also taller than the others which are wider. I guess it's just some machines were made a bit different. Hopefully others with multiple machines will also comment on this.

#4 14 years ago

My Meteor and Future Spa are the same height, front and backbox. My LOTR is lower in the front by about 2" and taller in the backbox by about 4". Of course, they were made about 25 years apart.
I prefer the height of the old machines. I feel the new ones are just a bit too low for me at 6'. I always have to spread my legs (easy Brokedad ) so I'm not bent over.

#5 14 years ago

My freedom,BK and STTNG are all different heights.STTNG is a wide body and a heavy monster,had a lot of trouble getting it into the basement!!

#6 14 years ago

Yeah, those wide bodies are a PITA to get thru doorways. My Future Spa barely made it thru mine.

#7 14 years ago

scooter I had to take my STTNG 6 floors up i was quite lucky with no problems except for the weight of the machine (oh and I had to take my door down to get the pin inside)

#8 14 years ago

I bet it took u a while Ice,must have been a real workout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machine-height and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.