IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
IMG_0027 (resized).JPG
IMG_0026 (resized).JPG
IMG_0025 (resized).JPG
14893336797581260991112 (resized).jpg
Mystic_FastReactCoilSwitches.jpg
IMAG1986 (resized).jpg
IMAG1987 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jt-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago

Do these slings fire correctly in switch test? Have you changed out the coil diodes for the sling coils?

#43 4 years ago

Have you repined the connectors on this game?

#45 4 years ago

Ok simple test to see if being caused by sling rubber. Seeing how issue is duplicates easily just pull sling rubber back once it starts. Now nothing is contacting switch. Is it still firing?

I don't work on new pins. Just old Bally's and Sterns. My humble opinion is that his sling rubber looks good. They should be tight against the outside switch. I gap them about 1/8 and make sure the short side of the leaf has the helper spring firmly against the back. I have three of these games right now and I can go look at all of them, set just as above, and have no machine gun firing of anything. My experience is that bad connectors, bad capacitors, bad diode, and bad grounds cause this kind of issue. My humble guess is you have two issues working together against you. Someone installed the capacitor on the switch to get the switch to light up hotter than it needed to be for some reason? Coupled with a bad connection to MPU, connector, or loose solder connections in switch matrix.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jt-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside