IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
IMG_0027 (resized).JPG
IMG_0026 (resized).JPG
IMG_0025 (resized).JPG
14893336797581260991112 (resized).jpg
Mystic_FastReactCoilSwitches.jpg
IMAG1986 (resized).jpg
IMAG1987 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago

Forget the cap - that isn't your issue.

Your pictures show the switch leaf hard against the rubber. It should be about 1/4" away from the rubber AT LEAST - probably more.

Then, adjust the switch accordingly.

When the leaf is against the rubber, as in your picture, the switch never gets a chance to rest because the rubber is "springy" and so it will continue to trigger. When the ball belts the rubber you would be surprised how far the rubber deflects.

2 months later
#44 6 years ago

Guys check my earlier post. This is not rocket science.

We test this all the time in the factory. Move the switches away from the rubber by a good margin.

Go and have a look at any brand new (never played) machine if you doubt me.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

Ok simple test to see if being caused by sling rubber. Seeing how issue is duplicates easily just pull sling rubber back once it starts. Now nothing is contacting switch. Is it still firing?
I don't work on new pins. Just old Bally's and Sterns. My humble opinion is that his sling rubber looks good. They should be tight against the outside switch. I gap them about 1/8 and make sure the short side of the leaf has the helper spring firmly against the back. I have three of these games right now and I can go look at all of them, set just as above, and have no machine gun firing of anything. My experience is that bad connectors, bad capacitors, bad diode, and bad grounds cause this kind of issue. My humble guess is you have two issues working together against you. Someone installed the capacitor on the switch to get the switch to light up hotter than it needed to be for some reason? Coupled with a bad connection to MPU, connector, or loose solder connections in switch matrix.

Thanks for your input. It has confirmed to me that I need to include the exact way of adjusting these switches on a Homepin machine. Ours certainly do not touch the rubber, not by a long shot (pun intended LOL).

Could be different for older machines, I don't remember. Fact is, it is 95% likely that switch adjustment of some sort is most likely the issue here. You could be spot on about the helper plate - many don't realise what it is for or understand how to bend it. More fodder for our manual, again thankyou.

#56 6 years ago

Here is the spacing and distances we use. Yours may well be different but but this works for us.

Note that the rubber ring does NOT rest on the switches.

kicker (resized).jpgkicker (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machine-gunning-slingshot?tu=homepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.