IMG_0029 (resized).JPG
IMG_0027 (resized).JPG
IMG_0026 (resized).JPG
IMG_0025 (resized).JPG
14893336797581260991112 (resized).jpg
Mystic_FastReactCoilSwitches.jpg
IMAG1986 (resized).jpg
IMAG1987 (resized).jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Looks like I have capacitors in all three that at machine gunning. I only took pics of two of them though.

IMG_0025 (resized).JPG

IMG_0026 (resized).JPG

IMG_0027 (resized).JPG

IMG_0029 (resized).JPG

#52 4 years ago

Northerndude: it looks like you have the backwards-installed contacts on your lead switches, like mine had. I'm not certain that new switches would alleviate your issue, but it might be a step in the right direction. I screen capped one for reference, note the left leaf has the backwards-installed contact:

tmp_31101-Screenshot_20170611-1207451620630143.png

#53 4 years ago

Ok folks, i tested by cutting one leg of cap on right side sling, was not gunning, tested around an it the left was still doing it a bit. (All the while I had already widened the gap on switches from where they were)

So.... I cut one leg off all four slings and I do NOT currently have any machine gunning at all. The only byproduct of this work is all of them are not sensitive enough for me, I don't know if it's a break even trade off or if I narrow the gap I will etc some negative in return ? I'll test for a bit and see how I feel

Thanks for the help and the OP for starting the thread

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Ok folks, i tested by cutting one leg of cap on right side sling, was not gunning, tested around an it the left was still doing it a bit. (All the while I had already widened the gap on switches from where they were)
So.... I cut one leg off all four slings and I do NOT currently have any machine gunning at all. The only byproduct of this work is all of them are not sensitive enough for me, I don't know if it's a break even trade off or if I narrow the gap I will etc some negative in return ? I'll test for a bit and see how I feel
Thanks for the help and the OP for starting the thread

Good luck. Hope you don't end up where I am.

That backwards contact thing was a Stern issue, I believe. Either way, I have brand new switches, so that isn't my problem, unfortunately.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Either way, I have brand new switches, so that isn't my problem, unfortunately.

Damn. Was hoping for a relatively easy fix. Sounds like you've exhausted all those avenues though.

#56 4 years ago

Here is the spacing and distances we use. Yours may well be different but but this works for us.

Note that the rubber ring does NOT rest on the switches.

kicker (resized).jpg

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Here is the spacing and distances we use. Yours may well be different but but this works for us.
Note that the rubber ring does NOT rest on the switches.

Thank you. I'll give that a shot.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Looks like I have capacitors in all three that at machine gunning. I only took pics of two of them though.

My Meteor has caps on the slings and they don't machine gun. You need them for proper operation.

As mentioned before, if you take the rubber off and just press the switch do the slings machine gun?

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

My Meteor has caps on the slings and they don't machine gun. You need them for proper operation.

Do the caps belong on only certain classic Stern's? My schematic for Nine Ball doesn't show caps on the slings, and removing them along with adjusting the switches got them to stop machine-gunning. I've heard some say they belong and others that say they don't.

#60 4 years ago

I currently have Quicksilver, Meteor and Star Gazer set up in my game room. All 3 have factory caps on the slings.

2 weeks later
#61 4 years ago

No caps needed in slings.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside