Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by tonyhoff1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 days ago

I am running into a serious problem that I cannot figure out on my own. I have a Monday night football. When you hit the left or right flipper button the flippers machine gun. They will not hold at all. I have replaced the MPU with a known working one. Same issues. I am seriously lost. The Eos switches test fine. What do I try next. Any help much appreciated. I also tested the diodes on the coils. All test good. I’m lost!

#2 12 days ago

Thin wires from the coil itself to the coil lugs have a crack or break ? Bad solder joints at coil lugs ?

LTG : )

#3 12 days ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

I also tested the diodes on the coils.

You can't test them in circuit. You have to lift one leg. Though I doubt that is your problem unless a diode leg is broken or loose from the end of the diode.

LTG : )

#4 12 days ago

They seem to be good. I can strip them back and re solder them. But it’s weird that it’s both flippers. Not just one.

#5 12 days ago

Do you have a new coil you try?

Also I think I already know the answer since this has eos switches but does this used the solid state flipper boards?

If so I think there are wires/fuses specifically for the hold circuit. Maybe those need attention.

#6 12 days ago

No it does not use the flipper board. As for coils I only have fl-11629 coils here. Don’t have the older data East coils. Have new stern coils here but they are only 2 lug.

#7 12 days ago

That’s the only suggestion I have then. Get a new coil and swap one out. Uncommon, but possible you have two coils with broken hold windings.

#8 12 days ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

No it does not use the flipper board. As for coils I only have fl-11629 coils here. Don’t have the older data East coils. Have new stern coils here but they are only 2 lug.

Double check the cabinet for the "Deger" (TY-FFASI) flipper board. I don't have a MNF and IPDB doesn't have any pictures of the inside of the cabinet. In my friend's POTO the board is on the left side attached to the side of the cabinet.

The MNF manual describes the system using "The Deger Design" so it almost certainly has the boards. The flipper schematic also shows a single wound solenoid (not a double / parallel wound solenoid).

#9 12 days ago

No boards in the cabinet on this one. Problem fixed after a nights sleep. Found a bad diode on the flipper coil. Changed the coil and found it took out the fuse next to the flippers. Changed the fuse and good to go!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside