• Latest reply 6 years ago by jwinn1812
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00872 (resized).JPG
1998imacdemocd_015 (resized).jpg
download (2) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago

I use both on a regular basis for work. Macs do somethings better than pc's, but that gap is narrowing fast.

Mac
Expensive

Need adapters to plug ANYTHING in

Need to buy a new one every 3 years due to planned obsolescence

Annoying os

Constant updates to software that remove things you use every day and then theyre gone all of a sudden with no explanation or ability to go back

Pc
Cheaper machine with same power

Usb, hdmi, etc ports (mine has usb hdmi and usb c)

Software is controlled by YOU not a software updater that updates software and then doesnt allow you to roll back

I prefer the freedom of pc. Much like I like the freedom of my android tablet over an ipad. BUT, I prefer my iphone over an android phone. I just dont care for android as a phone os.

Take my comments for what they are, advice. You can do what you want, but I find once you buy a mac, you will be spending out the ass to buy more and more apple stuff until they got you by the balls. Theyre a consumer company that wants you to buy new stuff constantly to support their bottom line.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When did they start that? I'm still using my 2009 Mac and recently updated it to El Capitan.

My wifes macbook (last generation with a super drive) wont update to el capitan. It wont let her go past yosemite. Its more than 3 years old, but at my job, we have to update mac models about every 3 years to make sure everything works together in harmony.

#37 6 years ago

Oh wow, thanks! Ill check this out when Im off next week. Thanks againz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mac-vs-windows-laptop?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.