(Topic ID: 231470)

M & EM gun game Target material.

By Moto_bone

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0470 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0469 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0120 (1) (resized).JPG
    100_1816 (resized).JPG
    100_1770 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20181221_170747 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181221_161415 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181221_160924 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181220_234539 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181217_235258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181217_234830 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0788 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0787 (resized).JPG
    Crossfire original scenery (resized).jpg
    Cross fire new scenery (resized).jpg
    IMG_0469 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

This scenery was done with vinyl. It was installed in a Midway's Deluxe Shooting Gallery air compressor
    gun game. It holds up very well..

IMG_0469 (resized).JPGIMG_0469 (resized).JPG
    #11 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAir:

Did you use a silhouette cutter and layer it or is it printed on vinyl?

It was my Graphic Designer that digitized, and then put it on vinyl.
    Because I had it put on plexi (maybe lexan), I asked if maybe adhering it on the backside might be best, but
    he insured me that if put on the front, it could handle the punishment, and was proven to be right..
    If it was placed on the backside, then the art work would have been placed on clear vinyl (in reverse) then
    white vinyl over that such as this backglass. Black was added over the white for light block out..

IMG_0787 (resized).JPGIMG_0787 (resized).JPGIMG_0788 (resized).JPGIMG_0788 (resized).JPG
    #13 5 years ago

Yes, I believe Steve uses vinyl, and somewhat bakes it on, thus only applies it onto glass..
    My Graphic Designer doesn't use the heat process, so many I have put on plexi. The Genco Two Player
    Basketball glass as shown above needed holes drilled through it for the two upper baskets, so it was applied
    on lexan. I have backglasses from when I first began this procedure back in the mid 90s, and no problem. All is 100%
    attached..
    And I just learned today that he began digitizing the glass for the 1956 Williams Fun House. Rare machine.
    Looking forward to getting that one in.. (T)

#15 5 years ago

After 20 some years, he became a Friend. Although doing backglasses isn't his normal business,
    vinyl is. I pay for what is done and it's well worth it. When digitized, the glasses come out fine enough that
    many times I've traded for new silk screen glasses. Back in the 90s, with all the ball bowlers with poor glasses
    that I was getting in, he saved me big time..

1 month later
    #30 5 years ago

I had the scenery made on Midway's Deluxe Shooting Gallery, and Midway's Shooting Gallery
    from vinyl. Made a mistake not hanging onto the Deluxe, but I have another in line..
    I believe I have taken scenery out, and applied opposite pressure for a period of time to make it
    more flat..
    I have a Marksman in storage, but haven't gone through it yet..

IMG_0120 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0120 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0469 (resized).JPGIMG_0469 (resized).JPGIMG_0470 (resized).JPGIMG_0470 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mopar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/m-amp-em-gun-game-target-material?tu=Mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.