Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

It is with a sad heart that I pass on this announcement from Kevin and Carole Carrol.

"Hello, Pinball Friends:

We wanted you to be the first to know that Lyons Classic Pinball has decided not to reopen. This has been the hardest decision we’ve had to make. After 17 years, we did not want it to end this way! We’ve had a great run and feel like we’ve accomplished what we started out to do. There are so many great places to play pinball now on the Front Range, and we can’t wait to see everyone as pinball players… together (priceless)!

We want to thank you all for your support over the years, and becoming our friends and pinball family. We love pinball and will still be active in the pinball community.

Of course, if anyone wants to take on LCP (a labor of love), we’d be happy to pass the torch. Speak now if you want to keep the dream alive or think you can do better! We haven’t given notice to our landlord or the general public yet. Otherwise, this is happening… GAME OVER for LCP.

If you’re interested in any games, please let us know and we’ll get you a price before we advertise with the general public. Not all games are for sale. We also have hats and tees left (sorry, no hoodies). Once the merch sells out, it’s gone. LCP game decorations are also for sale. Spruce up your game room with a piece of LCP. If you want to buy it, please ask!

We love and miss you all. Take care and be safe,
Kevin & Carole

Lyons Classic Pinball / Video
Kevin and Carole Carroll
Addresses:
- Pinball: 339-A Main Street
- Video: 303 Main Street
- Mailing: PO Box 1992, Lyons, CO 80540-1992
303/823-6100
[email protected]
http://www.lyonspinball.com"

#2 3 years ago

So sad. Unfortunately, this will not be the last pinball business to close permanently due to covid. Hopefully most will recover.

#3 3 years ago

I remember going there for a pinball tournament as a kid. This sucks...best of wishes to Kevin and Carol.

#4 3 years ago

I'm sorry to hear.

Best wishes in the future Kevin and Carole. Thank you for 17 years of making glad the heart of pinball !

LTG : )

#5 3 years ago

Nooo! It can’t be true. Really enjoyed going there and hangin out with Kevin. What a bummer. Hope the best for you guys in whatever you do. Hope we can still hook up and play sometime.

Yurii

#6 3 years ago

Man...im sorry to hear that.

It would be cool if someone could take the mantle, however.

#7 3 years ago

Ugh, this is awful. So many good times there. Not just playing but sitting outside on the bench chatting with Kevin and Carole, or the other friends there visiting as well. Who knows who you could run into? Sometimes folks I hadn't seen for years. I hope this is not the end, maybe someone can keep it alive. I certainly hope so.

Marshall

#8 3 years ago

Really sucks!!! I should have made it down there more, such a cool place.

#9 3 years ago

Bummer.

Cool place.

Cool people.

Hopefully someone will take it on and keep it going ...

rd

#10 3 years ago

I'm saddened to read this. I remember first going 13 years ago and again 2 years ago - I enjoyed my time there immensely especially talking shop with Kevin! LCP was an amazing destination.

Matt

#11 3 years ago

I'm very sad and sorry to hear of the closing. LCP was tops on my list of local venues. Best wishes to Kevin and Carole.

#12 3 years ago

This is a bummer. Hopefully someone else wants to jump in and take it over.

#13 3 years ago

I enjoy going to Lyons for tournament years ago.. I have since returned on two other occasions referred many people to visit and placed it on my bucket list next year when I return to Colorado to go to the Pikes Peak train.. it is sad to hear that your business is closing but let's understand that this was a business not a charity and if it does not drive a profit it will not survive... these challenging months for any business has placed a lot of our pinball community business owners in Jeopardy especially those that do not have food and cold beer and martinis attached to the drink menus to supplement phenomenal payments of $1 to play a game on a $6,000 machine..

In summary I've enjoyed playing on your machines it was an excellent van

Pinball experience well-kept machines that were in working order I thank you for all your hard work and dedication to understand that you made the time that I spent at your arcade a happier time, adventure and I cherish the memories where my son played at your arcade and it was the first time he got the Super Jackpot on Creature from the Black Lagoon and scored nearly 480 million... he also signed grand champion on many of your games at the time that we were on site and even had his picture taken that post it in the newspaper all-in-all I thank you for your time, your efforts , I wished the business would have been successful from a profit standpoint however I applaud you for putting your hearts, soul , mind, time , money and effort into allowing the pinball Community to experience a venue of love..

Considering that Oskar Blues the bar down the street probably earned thousands of dollars a week off of the pinball Community customers for food and drink they are served , this business most likely the candidates to buy the entire portfolio of games should they wish to maintain those customers...in Lyons or at most likely another venue.

Again it was a pleasure meeting you and your wife it was a pleasure playing on your games it was a pleasure to learn about Lyons Colorado and the community and meet other pinball heads at a cool and excellent venue..

Although I will only offer a small token I will purchase a hat and T-shirt If available as part of my generosity to thank you...

I wish you and your family well and thank you once again for your unselfish time money and effort and creating a venue and a destination that many people will sadly Miss ,but I understand.

#14 3 years ago

Really,really sad! I visited several times after they opened after attending the local pin show back in early 2000's!
Best of luck to Kevin and Carrol!!

RIP Lyons Classic Pinball

#15 3 years ago

This is sad news.

#16 3 years ago

This sucks, LCP was a unique place to play and will be greatly missed, regardless of the other locations we're lucky enough to have on the front range in CO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyons-classic-pinball-is-closing?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.