14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by VT8man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

So last night I loaded up with a few friends and made the 2 hour drive to Lyons, Co to play in their december pinball tourney and WOW what a fun time that was. Here is their website if you have never heard of Lyons Classic Pinball, http://www.lyonspinball.com/intro.htm

This guy has quite simply the nicest collection of games i've ever seen. They are not even all on display in his parlor at any one time but they are ALL in amazing and cared for condition.

So anyways, we get there last night around 5pm and play some warm up games, drink some beers smoke some bowls, you know the drill. The tourney started around 7ish. It was a x2 elimination bracket style tourney and there must have been at least 50 people in attendance, maybe I am a bit off but damn it was a full event. So I got first draw with an old timer and I drew the Bally table "wizard" to play on vs him. I knew I was in trouble with this machine and sure enough this guy proceeded to kick my ass 10 ways to Sunday, a loss for me. I drew a "bye" in the round 2 and then in round 3 I was up again and drew "players choice" out of the hat so I picked twilight zone and proceded to kick some major ass finally on a table I was familiar with. So I won this round pretty handily and was onto round 4. I again drew "players choice" out of the hat but was unable to pick the same machine twice so I took "whitewater" this time and was up against a really good player who is ranked on the worldwide rankings and the sort. Was a close game and I was ahead by 60 something million on ball 3 but the guy came back due to a really nice multiball series and bested me and knocked me out of the tourney. So close yet so far.

All in all it was a really nice evening and I highly recommend anyone within a days drive to Lyons to visit this place at least once. Especially on tourney night you really get a feeling that pinball truly is not dead (it just smells funny) to borrow a line from ole shaggy.

I can't wait for the January tourney, I hope to brush up on my EM play in the meantime.

#2 14 years ago

I'd go just for the "bowls" and wouldn't care if I lost

Hopefully I will hear back from Wolfman in the new year. I may just fix up the Williams Fast Ball more or sell it. I already had an offer of $500 as is with the strike unit the last problem needing fixed.

I used to know a very attractive lady called "Kelly" who moved to Colorado and lived with one of my best friends when I was younger. Unfortunately he blew his brains out in the bathtub one night. I guess he thought at least that way the cleanup would be easier. She was hot but not very "sexual". You know the type.

#3 14 years ago

That sounds awesome. Wish I could find something like that around here. What a party.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyons-classic-pinball-december-tourney and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.