(Topic ID: 297808)

Lyman Sheats out at Stern?

By parsonsaj

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    8-ball-yes (resized).jpg
    kpp (resized).jpg
    Oi Mania.png
    pajamakid (resized).jpeg
    A92C89C3-A63B-4EC0-AD64-F50AAB8C8985.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F998EB37-8160-4B7D-B603-A17364C5A05D (resized).jpeg
    lyman (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20210801-220313_Chrome (resized).jpg
    80E57D98-FC06-4C6D-B9D2-8C545145CFBF (resized).png
    58FBFC62-1B37-43F5-9736-83388070EFF6 (resized).jpeg
    CD226F59-9808-4DE6-9113-EDE47514A293 (resized).jpeg
    kaneda5 (resized).png
    kaneda4 (resized).png
    kaneda2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

We know K man was wrong again but if folks actually do a little research for themselves and see...
    **Lyman dropped EHOH 3/11/21.
    **We are now in the first day of 8/21, so that was what 4 months 3 weeks ago.
    **Lyman allegedly left Stern 9 months ago, hmmm.
    Now I'm no math major but a little common sense light bulb should go off and say " Wrong"

People don't like numbers or facts. They like rumors and conspiracies and drama. Common sense doesn't ever come into play. I haven't ever listened to this persons podcasts, but given everything that gets said, it doesn't sound like it is anything more than a rumor mill that doesn't vet very much, just runs on sensationalism.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:So did he indeed actually leave Stern?

Given the secrecy surrounding pinball...

world (resized).JPGworld (resized).JPG
    #59 2 years ago

I mean...I get the angst there, but MJF has a sense of humor about it too.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Angst? I don’t think you mean angst. Angst doesn’t mean finding something to be in really bad taste - which it was.

You are right, I suppose I meant triggered.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

You guys always take the word of a grown ass man who has teenage mutant ninja turtle bedsheets?

Um...not sure if you've noticed the company you keep around here I got a Zelda quilt. Come at me bro!

#243 2 years ago

To clarify a bit more:

The song you are on, you must complete all of it's shots (which obviously varies in type and # by song)
    You then must also make 1 shot for 7 other songs. I do not believe it matters specifically what shot it is, only that it is part of the song in question.

This has been my fastest path to getting jukebox lit.

As for points, TS or TnT has consistently been the bigger scorers for me, granted I rarely go for the jackpot and normally go for the multiplier instead.

(note I am not on the latest code - 1 behind I believe).

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I think VIP passes award the next shot you need to make?

It might have changed in 1.06....but yes that is how it works on older code. I've always used it to extend multiball/add-a-ball

#260 2 years ago

Really? Wow, I avoid playing TnT, TS, and BnB first because those are the easiest to get past for me. Interesting.

#342 2 years ago

Had little to do with it being B/W or Stern. It had to do with technology at the time. Everything gets released unfinished these days because of the ease of patching and rushing things out because of the 'we'll fix it later' mentality.

Most things prior to 2005 were released mostly complete and mostly bug free...and if they did have bugs...you lived with it most of the time.

#345 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This seriously dismisses the difference in code depth and size compared to the old Days.
    It was much easier to release games “fully finished” In 1995 because the code was tiny and shallow compared to now.
    It was also MUCH more difficult To update code. You had to burn or buy rom chips and install them.
    It’s a pretty apples and oranges situation. You want “complete code” at game launch? Start insisting upon drastically shallower rule sets, and insist that LCDs are retired and we go back to dot matrix.

I'll give you that code is deeper these days.

(as for the rest of what you stated, that's basically what I was saying)

It doesn't change what I said though. Rush rush rush is how it goes. I think the hoops people had to jump through with the limited space was just as difficult if not more difficult than today.

#349 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They also did location testing, which clearly helped A LOT. That isn't done anymore during development, and it shows. The customers are the beta testers now.

Honestly didn't know they didn't do that anymore, but yeah, makes sense.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-sheats-out-at-stern?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.