(Topic ID: 297808)

Lyman Sheats out at Stern?

By parsonsaj

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    8-ball-yes (resized).jpg
    kpp (resized).jpg
    Oi Mania.png
    pajamakid (resized).jpeg
    A92C89C3-A63B-4EC0-AD64-F50AAB8C8985.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F998EB37-8160-4B7D-B603-A17364C5A05D (resized).jpeg
    lyman (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20210801-220313_Chrome (resized).jpg
    80E57D98-FC06-4C6D-B9D2-8C545145CFBF (resized).png
    58FBFC62-1B37-43F5-9736-83388070EFF6 (resized).jpeg
    CD226F59-9808-4DE6-9113-EDE47514A293 (resized).jpeg
    kaneda5 (resized).png
    kaneda4 (resized).png
    kaneda2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Really, it is a joke. And its ok to make jokes.
    I've almost been taken by lymphoma.
    So, fire away. 19 body parts removed in one surgery. No, not my brain.
    Ever have your dick cut open to remove a infected polyp? I have, chicks love the scar.

He does, actually very nice guy.
    You think he's happy about Parkinson's, no. But he wakes up everyday and moves on.
    Just humor gang. Nothing personal.

This is Pinside. There are to be no jokes here. Please take your sense of humor elsewhere.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Jersey has the best TAYLOR HAM and egg sandwich.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Most people don’t get that humor is therapeutic and allows conversations around otherwise taboo topics.
    Ever seen a non-funny comedian? Ya, they’re the ones that don’t cross boundaries.
    Fuck the sensitive PC butt hurt “that’s not cool” haters, not worth your time, fire away. I laughed.

All you can do is laugh at the shit show that's going on today. If you don't, you'll lose your freakin' mind.

And hey...Howard Stern made a fortune off of off-color humor. So you shouldn't have to be Howard Stern to float an offensive joke from time to time.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think the pinball world would be much less interesting without Kaneda. Kinda like that ahole valet Thomas on Downton Abbey.

This is a great point, since they both have the same approximate number of pinball machines and experience working on them.

#212 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I played my AC/DC today…got a little emotional.

I get emotional when I play my ACDC as well...but it's because after all these years, I still don't understand what the hell I'm doing or how to even complete a song.

#219 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The songs can’t be completed. Just play them long enough until the right orbit lights to change the song. Then you’re done with that one.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t think how long you play matters. You qualify the next song by doing the things associated with the other songs, like clearing all the drops, hitting all the major shots once, completing the top rollovers, pop bumper hits, etc…
    As you do it the songs light on the Jukebox and it lights to change songs after you light 8

This is my point...I love the game, but to me it's super-confusing. Sometimes less is more. There's an incredible rules sheet that somebody (Bowen Kerins, maybe?) wrote up, but the thing runs about 20 pages. When you need 20 pages to explain a pinball game, there's a problem, IMO. 20 pages usually requires a main character and a plot to sustain my interest.

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

The Lyman thread turned into the AC/DC thread.

You're welcome.

And it makes my point that most people can't figure out what the hell is going on in that game. Still fun, though!

#359 2 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

Ritchie gone. Lyman gone. Chas passing away. Now the rumor mills are speculating another location change for Stern? With all this and Sterns shitty Spike platform and cost cutting BOM I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole these days. Change can be good but any change Stern has done has usually been for the worse.

This is pretty close-minded. Chas was replaced by Pablo, who has worked his ass off and has done a wonderful job with tech support. They also have Elwin and Borg (among others) who are still making kick ass games. And contrary to what some might think, I think Dwight does a great job with code, and I'm impressed by Tim Sexton's and Ray Davidson's work on LZ. So I'd say Stern is looking to the future rather than dwelling on the past.

#363 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:Don't forget Raymond Davidson is also coding now. He was hired May of 2020.
    https://www.pinballprofile.com/episode-260-raymond-davidson-day-one-at-stern/

Thanks for that! I had forgotten, actually...

#370 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ray did a lot of work on Zep, a game you are fond of!

I know. That's why I'm embarrassed.

Editing my post now so I can sleep tonight.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-sheats-out-at-stern?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.