(Topic ID: 297808)

Lyman Sheats out at Stern?

By parsonsaj

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    8-ball-yes (resized).jpg
    kpp (resized).jpg
    Oi Mania.png
    pajamakid (resized).jpeg
    A92C89C3-A63B-4EC0-AD64-F50AAB8C8985.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F998EB37-8160-4B7D-B603-A17364C5A05D (resized).jpeg
    lyman (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20210801-220313_Chrome (resized).jpg
    80E57D98-FC06-4C6D-B9D2-8C545145CFBF (resized).png
    58FBFC62-1B37-43F5-9736-83388070EFF6 (resized).jpeg
    CD226F59-9808-4DE6-9113-EDE47514A293 (resized).jpeg
    kaneda5 (resized).png
    kaneda4 (resized).png
    kaneda2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

yep, fix my post to reflect latest code drop

I don't think there's a rule that if an employee leaves a company there can never be a code update again for a game he was working on.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Clytor:

While it wouldn't be Lyman, it's not like they don't have other coders that could finish the game. Also, I guess it's possible he finished a Beta update for it before leaving?

Elvira had a code update in March and Lyman was long gone by then. He didn't do that code update, just like he won't be doing future code updates that come out for that game.

The AC/DC lunatics may want to let it go at this point however...

#281 2 years ago

I’ve sent in bug reports and never gotten a personalized response.

I didn’t think That was the point.

#344 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Had little to do with it being B/W or Stern. It had to do with technology at the time. Everything gets released unfinished these days because of the ease of patching and rushing things out because of the 'we'll fix it later' mentality.
    Most things prior to 2005 were released mostly complete and mostly bug free...and if they did have bugs...you lived with it most of the time.

This seriously dismisses the difference in code depth and size compared to the old Days.

It was much easier to release games “fully finished” In 1995 because the code was tiny and shallow compared to now.

It was also MUCH more difficult To update code. You had to burn or buy rom chips and install them.

It’s a pretty apples and oranges situation. People want “complete code” at game launch? Start insisting upon drastically shallower rule sets, and insist that LCDs are retired and we go back to dot matrix.

#369 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for that! I had forgotten, actually...

Ray did a lot of work on Zep, a game you are fond of!

#399 2 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

I asked the same thing, but general consensus is the pinball community needs to respect his privacy.

That’s a good instinct, one people should
    Probably follow a little more often when dealing with people who build and design pinball machines for a living.

1 month later
    #443 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I was actually curious if he had an interview, it was not at all meant as any kind of shots fired in the Kaneda fanboy wars. I really do not give a shit who has the Tea in pinball, it all ends up on pinside anyway.

This is kinda true…like, what does Chris get out of this anyway, “breaking” stories 12 hours before we all know about it anyway? Besides the same 7 people always coming in here to point out that he was right? It seems like a lot of fuckin work!!

Ah I kid. I’d be pretty excited if I had a cheerleading squad like that too. PM me for details, I’m starting a fan club!

If I can just get Rascal H to sign on, I’m well on my way!

#445 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Not nearly as much work as your 21,971 posts but I'll be sure to join your fan club and am looking forward to the facebook chats from the La-Z-Boy.

Sweet!

Just let me hear those words I salivate for….

“Levi was right!”

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-sheats-out-at-stern?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.