(Topic ID: 297808)

Lyman Sheats out at Stern?

By parsonsaj

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    8-ball-yes (resized).jpg
    kpp (resized).jpg
    Oi Mania.png
    pajamakid (resized).jpeg
    A92C89C3-A63B-4EC0-AD64-F50AAB8C8985.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F998EB37-8160-4B7D-B603-A17364C5A05D (resized).jpeg
    lyman (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20210801-220313_Chrome (resized).jpg
    80E57D98-FC06-4C6D-B9D2-8C545145CFBF (resized).png
    58FBFC62-1B37-43F5-9736-83388070EFF6 (resized).jpeg
    CD226F59-9808-4DE6-9113-EDE47514A293 (resized).jpeg
    kaneda5 (resized).png
    kaneda4 (resized).png
    kaneda2 (resized).png
    There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Lyman has long been the best. This news makes me appreciate his signature on my EHoH LE even more.
    (And I already prized his signature more than those of Dennis Nordman and Greg Freres on the game.)

Going out on a high note with Elvira.
    It’s the little touches he brings - it didn’t go unnoticed Lyman- thank you.

1 week later
    #402 2 years ago

So where did Lyman go?

#403 2 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

So where did Lyman go?

Probably home...

Rob

#404 2 years ago

I heard in the CGC thread that he is working on updating Cactus Canyon software for the remake, any truth to that?

#405 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I heard in the CGC thread that he is working on updating Cactus Canyon software for the remake, any truth to that?

CGC said he is not on their payroll so I would take that as no.

#406 2 years ago

CGC has a seminar at SFGE tomorrow night and LTG hints that they might have some interesting information to share... will be there in person and report back here with anything I might hear that is relevant to this thread.

#407 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

CGC has a seminar at SFGE tomorrow night and LTG hints that they might have some interesting information to share... will be there in person and report back here with anything I might hear that is relevant to this thread.

Looking forward to seeing your updates then!
    Thanks!

#408 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Possible slicing and dicing the truth, though. Planetary Pinball could be paying him. Same diff in the end.

#409 2 years ago

I listened to the topcast interview with him from 2007, and I found it interesting. He said something along the lines of, he needs a break between jobs before he gets too burned out. How he didn't have time to really think and was just going through the motions. Now, this is back during the Bally Williams days. He may just be sick of cranking stuff out that looks similar to him.

#410 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Since that wasn't the exact wording, we'll see...

#411 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Any news?

#412 2 years ago

Nothing was said about Lyman's status. Someone did try to broach the subject and it was somewhat laughed off.... so it continues to be a mystery. I assume that once the official announcement is made (allegedly in 4-6 weeks) about CCr it will be known at that time if Lyman did any work on it.

1 month later
    #413 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Nothing was said about Lyman's status. Someone did try to broach the subject and it was somewhat laughed off.... so it continues to be a mystery. I assume that once the official announcement is made (allegedly in 4-6 weeks) about CCr it will be known at that time if Lyman did any work on it.

Kaneda confirmed today on his podcast that Lyman is at CGC and will be working on CCr and other games. That is a huge pick up for CGC and major loss for Stern. Likely won't impact Stern's business since they are a juggernaut but it definitely sparks my interest in what's to come from CGC since they now have one of the best coders in pinball. Supposedly another big name joined CGC as well and will be announced later today.

#414 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

confirmed today on his podcast that Lyman is at CGC

It's only a called a confirmation when it comes from a reliable source. Until then it's called a rumor. The current rumor isn't even new.

#415 2 years ago

If Lyman's happier somewhere else than im happy for him. I have to wonder though if any of his more recent titles will get any further updates.

#416 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Kaneda confirmed today on his podcast that Lyman is at CGC and will be working on CCr and other games. That is a huge pick up for CGC and major loss for Stern. Likely won't impact Stern's business since they are a juggernaut but it definitely sparks my interest in what's to come from CGC since they now have one of the best coders in pinball. Supposedly another big name joined CGC as well and will be announced later today.

Wow, what a huge pickup for CGC! I am really bummed Lyman won't be able to finish Elvira's HoH, which I think(?) was his last game at Stern, but this is going to mean CGC can really get out there and compete with the other manufacturers directly - especially as I understand they are doing an original theme after CCr.

If it's true, of course.

#417 2 years ago

The Stern keys have been handed to Elwin it seems.

Out w/the old in w/the new.

#418 2 years ago

Makes me rethink discounting CCr. Hmm.

#419 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The current rumor isn't even new.

No shit Sherlock hence why I posted in this thread that started 60 days ago instead of starting a new one. Maybe you are in the insider circle jerk club who knew well before that but doesn't share with anyone else. So if that's the case then the post was not for you and you can go back to beating your chest.

#420 2 years ago

If true, and it makes some sense, this could explain some of the CCr delays, as I know Doug Duba wants the games ready to go from a code point of view on the remakes.

#421 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Maybe you are in the insider circle jerk club who knew well before that but doesn't share with anyone else.

It's been posted on Pinside in the past.

LTG : )

#422 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It's been posted on Pinside in the past.

Many things have been posted in the past and they also get pushed to the bottom pretty quickly. No offense Lloyd but you are privy to a lot of info as well. He is likley just another Kaneda hater and it's OK, I get it and feel sorry for them since I try not to hate anyone even if I don't agree with their views or opinions.

#423 2 years ago

Kaneda confirmed it how, did he interview Lyman or anyone at CGC?

#424 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

they also get pushed to the bottom pretty quickly. No offense Lloyd but you are privy to a lot of info as well.

I understand. I was just pointing it out.

I might add that I'm not privy to as much as people think. I'm usually the last to know. I'm in Minnesota and can't look out my door and see what the factory is doing. First I heard of Willy Wonka was here on Pinside. Which can make tech support interesting.

#425 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Oh my, another Kaneda hater and they come out in masses.

Quoted from Darscot:

He is not Kaneda that guy was garbage and would say anything for a click.

#426 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Oh my, another Kaneda hater and they come out in drones.

I'll take that as he simple said it and provided no confirmation.

P.S. I love that you took the effort to creep a year old post in a different thread just to "out" me. Kaneda is not popular with everyone, water is also wet.

#427 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

He has a device that can confirm or refute any rumor...

8-ball-yes (resized).jpg8-ball-yes (resized).jpg
    #428 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It's only a called a confirmation when it comes from a reliable source

Quoted from Darscot:

I'll take that as he simple said it and provided no confirmation.

Quoted from PinMonk:

He has a device that can confirm or refute any rumor...

Here you go. Let us know how that crow tastes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-sheats-and-josh-sharpe-partnering-with-chicago-gaming-company

#429 2 years ago

And...here we go again.

#430 2 years ago

Oops kaneda was right again

#431 2 years ago

I have no horse in this race, but love him or hate him which I'm neither I don't listen to his show nor do I attack him but just read what others posts what he is hearing and K man had good info once again.

https://www.facebook.com/PinballSTAR/

#432 2 years ago

You DO realize that a coin flip still has 50-50 odds, right? Stack up all his "scoops" (seriously, you do it, I don't have the time) and his correct to incorrect ratio is probably much LESS than 50%. He just shakes that magic 8-ball and furiously throws rumor of the week out as fast as he can, as much as he can. Some inevitably prove to be right. But he certainly wasn't the FIRST one to say CGC. That was posted on pinside months ago.

But good on Lyman. I hope he is massively successful.

#433 2 years ago

I’d say Kaneda is about 85/15 right/wrong

#434 2 years ago

Wow Kaneda called a rumor months after it had been openly speculated by basically everyone in pinball. I was honestly curious if it was official. If he had an actual interview I might have suffered through an episode. In history how many people have actually actually been shit enough to get a permaban from here? It really says it all when you Stan that hard for Kaneda.

#435 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Oops kaneda was right again

Don't speak his name, some people here get very upset when they hear it lol.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#436 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

You DO realize that a coin flip still has 50-50 odds, right? Stack up all his "scoops" (seriously, you do it, I don't have the time) and his correct to incorrect ratio is probably much LESS than 50%. He just shakes that magic 8-ball and furiously throws rumor of the week out as fast as he can, as much as he can. Some inevitably prove to be right. But he certainly wasn't the FIRST one to say CGC. That was posted on pinside months ago.
    But good on Lyman. I hope he is massively successful.

I know he is wrong a lot but I'll take his sub 50% track record vesus the 0% from every other poscaster since they won't even talk about rumors or insider info. Yesterday on his morning podcast he said he had confirmation from a trusted source the rumor about Lyman was true and his podcast last night he also confirmed that Josh Sharpe was the 2nd major acquisition they had. I'm pretty sure that Josh scoop was not mentioned anywhere on Pinside before so I have to give credit where it's due.

#437 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I know he is wrong a lot but I'll take his sub 50% track record vesus the 0% from every other poscaster since they won't even talk about rumors or insider info.

Fair enough. I just got the impression that you were impressed by his ability to recycle pinside rumors as predictions and take credit for them. He does break SOME news (or confidences, depending on how you look at it). Let's just split the difference and call him The Oracle of Orifice.

#438 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Wow Kaneda called a rumor months after it had been openly speculated by basically everyone in pinball. I was honestly curious if it was official. If he had an actual interview I might have suffered through an episode. In history how many people have actually actually been shit enough to get a permaban from here? It really says it all when you Stan that hard for Kaneda.

He also broke the Josh acquisition last night in his podcast. Pretty sure that was not speculated anywhere on Pinside.

#439 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Wow Kaneda called a rumor months after it had been openly speculated by basically everyone in pinball.

IIRC he did report the Lyman rumour months ago but I think it was openly refuted by CGC at the time.

#440 2 years ago

aren't you missing the point?

LYMAN IS WORKING ON PINBALL. LYMAN IS WORKING ON WILLIAMS/BALLY EPICS!!! AND JOSH IS HELPING!!!!

OPEN THE BUBBLY, PUT ON THE PARTY HATS, GET KOOL AND THE GANG ON THE SONOS, START DANCING WITH YOUR WIFE, GIVE THE CAT A FISH, BE NICE TO SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK!

LYMAN IS WORKING ON PINBALL!!!!!

#441 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

aren't you missing the point?
    LYMAN IS WORKING ON PINBALL. LYMAN IS WORKING ON WILLIAMS/BALLY EPICS!!! AND JOSH IS HELPING!!!!
    OPEN THE BUBBLY, PUT ON THE PARTY HATS, GET KOOL AND THE GANG ON THE SONOS, START DANCING WITH YOUR WIFE, GIVE THE CAT A FISH, BE NICE TO SOMEONE ON FACEBOOK!
    LYMAN IS WORKING ON PINBALL!!!!!

lol

#442 2 years ago

I was actually curious if he had an interview, it was not at all meant as any kind of shots fired in the Kaneda fanboy wars. I really do not give a shit who has the Tea in pinball, it all ends up on pinside anyway.

#443 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I was actually curious if he had an interview, it was not at all meant as any kind of shots fired in the Kaneda fanboy wars. I really do not give a shit who has the Tea in pinball, it all ends up on pinside anyway.

This is kinda true…like, what does Chris get out of this anyway, “breaking” stories 12 hours before we all know about it anyway? Besides the same 7 people always coming in here to point out that he was right? It seems like a lot of fuckin work!!

Ah I kid. I’d be pretty excited if I had a cheerleading squad like that too. PM me for details, I’m starting a fan club!

If I can just get Rascal H to sign on, I’m well on my way!

#444 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It seems like a lot of fuckin work!!

Not nearly as much work as your 21,971 posts but I'll be sure to join your fan club and am looking forward to the facebook chats from the La-Z-Boy.

#445 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Not nearly as much work as your 21,971 posts but I'll be sure to join your fan club and am looking forward to the facebook chats from the La-Z-Boy.

Sweet!

Just let me hear those words I salivate for….

“Levi was right!”

#446 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

It's wild to see how specific these rumors can get. I guess that makes them believable.

Quoted from DaveH:

I don’t listen to the K crap. He isn’t worth my time.

So many badly aged comments now that it’s official

https://www.ifpapinball.com/lyman-sheats-and-josh-sharpe-partnering-with-chicago-gaming-company/

#447 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’d say Kaneda is about 85/15 right/wrong

And 100% douche.

#448 2 years ago

Does this mean this thread is resolved and will be closed?

#449 2 years ago

Franchi will be interviewing Lyman in one of his fireside chats coming soon.

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-ep-28-bite-size

#450 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I am not a fanboy and I don't always agree with his opinions when it comes to the hobby. However I find his show entertaining and enjoy the frequency of content he provides since I don't always have time to read Pinside and keep up with the news. But if I would have said TPN confirmed Lyman was going to CGC it probably would had much less backlash since everyone seems to hate Kman and then the heard mentality likes to pile on.

I've known about the rumor myself for a quite some time but he seemed fairly confident yesterday based on his source. I didn't run and start a new thread like everyone else does on Pinside and nearly just provided an update in this one. I am huge Lyman fan and was excited to hear the rumor was true but there is nothing more deflating then coming to Pinside to share the information with others only to get shit on by other Pinsiders such as YeOldPinPlayer. He obviously hates Kaneda and is a fan of Franchi which is OK because different strokes for different folks. I enjoy Franchi as well and listen to his shows. Even got to hang out with him in the upstairs room at Pinball Life.

If you look at my post #413 I also mentioned how they supposedly acquired a second big name in the hobby which was the first I heard about it and don't think it was mentioned before anywhere else on Pinside, however I'm sure Kman won't get credit for that either which is OK because people only like to point out when he is wrong. I try not to hate anyone and respect everyone that takes time out of their personal life to provide content and information for a niche hobby but in the end guess haters are just going to hate.

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-sheats-out-at-stern/page/9?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.