(Topic ID: 297808)

Lyman Sheats out at Stern?

By parsonsaj

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    8-ball-yes (resized).jpg
    kpp (resized).jpg
    Oi Mania.png
    pajamakid (resized).jpeg
    A92C89C3-A63B-4EC0-AD64-F50AAB8C8985.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F998EB37-8160-4B7D-B603-A17364C5A05D (resized).jpeg
    lyman (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20210801-220313_Chrome (resized).jpg
    80E57D98-FC06-4C6D-B9D2-8C545145CFBF (resized).png
    58FBFC62-1B37-43F5-9736-83388070EFF6 (resized).jpeg
    CD226F59-9808-4DE6-9113-EDE47514A293 (resized).jpeg
    kaneda5 (resized).png
    kaneda4 (resized).png
    kaneda2 (resized).png
    There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #101 2 years ago

If this is true, then my hopes for a Lyman coded RUSH are smashed.

(Insert snarky “THANK GOD” retorts here)

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

People need to stop acting like Kaneda is the only source of the rumors. He’s not.

not being a wise ass but who else is putting their name out on this rumor?

#103 2 years ago
    58FBFC62-1B37-43F5-9736-83388070EFF6 (resized).jpeg58FBFC62-1B37-43F5-9736-83388070EFF6 (resized).jpeg
    #104 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If this is true, then my hopes for a Lyman coded RUSH are smashed.
    (Insert snarky “THANK GOD” retorts here)

THANK GOD

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

This thread is my favorite part about Kaneda haha
    Just joined his Patreon

Kaneda flat out owns Pinside

Got his name in over 5000 mouths

May as well just give him the keys to the place

80E57D98-FC06-4C6D-B9D2-8C545145CFBF (resized).png80E57D98-FC06-4C6D-B9D2-8C545145CFBF (resized).png
    #106 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Kaneda flat out owns Pinside
    [quoted image]

Not to mention all the endearing pet names people give him that wouldn’t match in your search. All highly entertaining.

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Really, it is a joke. And its ok to make jokes.
    Ever have your dick cut open to remove a infected polyp? I have, chicks love the scar.

So that old term from back in the nineties about a person being a "pus nuts" was coined after you?

QSS

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Really, it is a joke. And its ok to make jokes.
    I've almost been taken by lymphoma.
    So, fire away. 19 body parts removed in one surgery. No, not my brain.
    Ever have your dick cut open to remove a infected polyp? I have, chicks love the scar.

He does, actually very nice guy.
    You think he's happy about Parkinson's, no. But he wakes up everyday and moves on.
    Just humor gang. Nothing personal.

Most people don’t get that humor is therapeutic and allows conversations around otherwise taboo topics.

Ever seen a non-funny comedian? Ya, they’re the ones that don’t cross boundaries.

Fuck the sensitive PC butt hurt “that’s not cool” haters, not worth your time, fire away. I laughed.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Shit has its name in over 34,000 mouths so using your logic it's about seven times better.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from chickenscratch:

Most people don’t get that humor is therapeutic and allows conversations around otherwise taboo topics.
    Ever seen a non-funny comedian? Ya, they’re the ones that don’t cross boundaries.
    Fuck the sensitive PC butt hurt “that’s not cool” haters, not worth your time, fire away. I laughed.

All you can do is laugh at the shit show that's going on today. If you don't, you'll lose your freakin' mind.

And hey...Howard Stern made a fortune off of off-color humor. So you shouldn't have to be Howard Stern to float an offensive joke from time to time.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So you shouldn't have to be Howard Stern to float an offensive joke from time to time.

Beelzeboob's grief counselor died. But he was so good. Beelzeboob didn't care.

LTG : )

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Shit has its name in over 34,000 mouths so using your logic it's about seven times better.
    [quoted image]

Shit gets more things correct that Kaneda does.

#114 2 years ago

In his podcast today, kaneda’s theory is Lyman is going to work for Planetary to write new code for classic Bally/WMS pins. Seems highly unlikely to me.

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chuckwebster:

not being a wise ass but who else is putting their name out on this rumor?

#116 2 years ago

Who’s Kaneda? Never listened to him. Don’t know why 1 person banned from pinside and hated by more people than he’s liked gets any attention. Ignore him and he’ll go away

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

In his podcast today, kaneda’s theory is Lyman is going to work for Planetary to write new code for classic Bally/WMS pins. Seems highly unlikely to me.

Geez, why the downvote? Sorry I thought it was pertinent.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Who’s Kaneda? Never listened to him. Don’t know why 1 person banned from pinside and hated by more people than he’s liked gets any attention. Ignore him and he’ll go away

Well, love him or hate him, his podcast is different from anyone else's. And he does give some unique takes on various pinball-industry issues.

In spite of his past very-poor behavior, I think the pinball world would be much less interesting without Kaneda. Kinda like that ahole valet Thomas on Downton Abbey.

#119 2 years ago

So who is going to do stake outs in Chicago and see what front doors Lyman and Steve walk through?

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

So who is going to do stake outs in Chicago and see what front doors Lyman and Steve walk through?

We used to count coils, then count cars in the carpark, this is just the natural evolution.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

In spite of his past very-poor behavior, I think the pinball world would be much less interesting without Kaneda.

in·ter·est·ing
    /ˈint(ə)rəstiNG/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention.

Wrecks on the Interstate catch attention too. You may be on to something....

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

A waste of everyone’s time. Stale bread is more interesting and worthwhile. People who don’t actually care about pinball but have money to burn really seem to love him.
    Can’t adjust a switch but will rush to his defense and site episodes as indisputable fact.

#123 2 years ago

"See, rumors bring out the truth."

What kind of statement is that? The truth that Lyman doesn't work for CGC? Something that no one believed until he said it himself?

Wow... Thanks for confirming what we all already believed.

Screenshot_20210801-220313_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210801-220313_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #124 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Kinda like that ahole valet Thomas on Downton Abbey.

Except that is just a talented actor playing an ahole on TV for dramatic effect. The real ones in real life should be perpetually ignored. Their insecurities in needing audience should just arouse pity.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

If it's like the old days with Data East and Williams. They'll likely go in in trench coats, black plastic glasses with fake plastic nose attached. So you don't know who is going in and out.

LTG : )

#126 2 years ago

Rob

#127 2 years ago

Well stated Rob!

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think the pinball world would be much less interesting without Kaneda. Kinda like that ahole valet Thomas on Downton Abbey.

This is a great point, since they both have the same approximate number of pinball machines and experience working on them.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Because everywhere he goes on the internet, he gets banned. He has an honest to god personality disorder.

#130 2 years ago

Kaneda who? I've read his name here quite a lot over the years but I know nothing about him. After seeing all the crap he gets from all over time and time again I don't want to know more either. Stop talking about him and let him disappear into oblivion.

-Kaneda is bad, m'kay?

#131 2 years ago

Thanks to Zach For the free hour of pinball entertainment this morning. And by Zach I mean Chris.

Nice of Mr. George Gomez to stop by!

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

What kind of statement is that? The truth that Lyman doesn't work for CGC? Something that no one believed until he said it himself?
    [quoted image]

It's the "I can state whatever I want and until someone proves me wrong I'm right" kind of 'journalism'.

Btw. Gary Stern now working undercover at Deeproot, you heard it here first!

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Kaneda who? I've read his name here quite a lot over the years but I know nothing about him. After seeing all the crap he gets from all over time and time again I don't want to know more either. Stop talking about him and let him disappear into oblivion.
    -Kaneda is bad, m'kay?

He's says while talking about him...

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Kinda like that ahole valet Thomas on Downton Abbey.

Up vote purely for the Downton reference.

#135 2 years ago

This entire thread absolutely highlights the worst of Pinside. Once disproved, click-bait threads spouting pinball rumors/lies should just be locked. I mean, what is the benefit of keeping nonsense threads like this open? It's a REAL reason a lot of pinball friends of mine no longer hang out here. Truly sad.

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

This entire thread absolutely highlights the worst of Pinside. Once disproved, click-bait threads spouting pinball rumors/lies should just be locked. I mean, what is the benefit of keeping nonsense threads like this open? It's a REAL reason a lot of pinball friends of mine no longer hang out here. Truly sad.

What’s been disproven exactly?

Lyman might not be working for CGC but that doesn’t mean he’s still at Stern. Disprove *that* rumor.

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

You're saying that disinformation on the internet is a problem?
    I had no idea.

#138 2 years ago

If Lyman had been out of Stern 8 months like the Podcaster speculates, we would have known long ago...

#139 2 years ago

Those quoting me are exactly proving my point. Good job!

The only rumor you you guys should focus on proving is "Pinside is no longer a fun place to hang out to discuss pinball".

#140 2 years ago

Yeah I think we should lock all the rumor threads regarding the next Stern titles as well. Those rumors are NEVER true.

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yeah I think we should lock all the rumor threads regarding the next Stern titles as well.

Yeah, because that's the exact same thing... Good job proving my point once again!

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:Yeah, because that's the exact same thing... Good job proving my point once again!

It is the same. Its based on leaked information. Ie rumors.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

It is the same. Its based on leaked information. Ie rumors.

Just keep telling yourself that... Did you know that Stern cabinets now actually have a drop of the programmers blood in each of them? Stern felt bad about no longer including a printed manual so they are coming up with ways to make up for it.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

Thats the kind of statement that a narcissist makes because it would be too difficult for him to admit that he was wrong.

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Thats the kind of statement that a narcissist makes because it would be too difficult for him to admit that he was wrong.

Well, it's 2021... No one is ever wrong now. It's actually been that way for 10+ years.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Just keep telling yourself that... Did you know that Stern cabinets now actually have a drop of the programmers blood in each of them? Stern felt bad about no longer including a printed manual so they are coming up with ways to make up for it.

Logic isn’t your strong point, is it?

#147 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Logic isn’t your strong point, is it?

I actually know quite a lot about him. [Sir Robert Bryson Hall II]

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

If Lyman had been out of Stern 8 months like the Podcaster speculates, we would have known long ago...

From the Pinballnews.com article about Steve Ritchie joining JJP today...

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/02/steve-ritchie-joins-jjp/

lyman (resized).JPGlyman (resized).JPG
    #149 2 years ago

Looking forward to learning about his future endeavours!

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

From the Pinballnews.com article about Steve Ritchie joining JJP today...
    https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/02/steve-ritchie-joins-jjp/[quoted image]

How did nobody know this for months and months? What was EHOH's last code update? I'm shocked.

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-sheats-out-at-stern/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.