(Topic ID: 297808)

Lyman Sheats out at Stern?

By parsonsaj

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).jpg
    8-ball-yes (resized).jpg
    kpp (resized).jpg
    Oi Mania.png
    pajamakid (resized).jpeg
    A92C89C3-A63B-4EC0-AD64-F50AAB8C8985.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    F998EB37-8160-4B7D-B603-A17364C5A05D (resized).jpeg
    lyman (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20210801-220313_Chrome (resized).jpg
    80E57D98-FC06-4C6D-B9D2-8C545145CFBF (resized).png
    58FBFC62-1B37-43F5-9736-83388070EFF6 (resized).jpeg
    CD226F59-9808-4DE6-9113-EDE47514A293 (resized).jpeg
    kaneda5 (resized).png
    kaneda4 (resized).png
    kaneda2 (resized).png

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 2 years ago

Kaneda reported this morning that LFS left Stern 9 months ago and has been working at CGC on Cactus Canyon. This is stunning news to me, especially if his previously reported rumor of Steve Ritchie to JJP is also true

#2 2 years ago

Looks like Gary better start paying employees better, or create a better working environment. He better not lose Elwin

#3 2 years ago

Others people saying Lyman working on Rush at Stern.

Don't think Stern would want to lose Lyman.

#4 2 years ago

I don’t listen to the K crap. He isn’t worth my time.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Why not? Hes right about 100 percent of the things he isn't wrong about.

#6 2 years ago

Kaneda just posted CGc reached out to him to tell Lyman is NOT working with them.

#7 2 years ago

Oops Kaneda was wrong on this one.......

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Kaneda reported this morning that LFS left Stern 9 months ago and has been working at CGC on Cactus Canyon.

Quoted from Rensh:

Kaneda just posted CGc reached out to him to tell Lyman is NOT working with them.

It's wild to see how specific these rumors can get. I guess that makes them believable.

#9 2 years ago

Lyman is under utilized. His games are amazing. I wish he programmed more games. If they only did an Elwin/Lyman/Zombie Yeti game... it would be amazing.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Lyman is under utilized. His games are amazing. I wish he programmed more games. If they only did an Elwin/Lyman/Zombie Yeti game... it would be amazing.

That wouldn't make sense as Elwin does amazing code as well.

Elwin and Lyman are Stern's top coders, so no way ever, would Stern pair them together.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Elwin and Lyman are Stern's top coders,

Elwin doesn’t code.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Elwin doesn’t code.

Well, he may not specifically code, but he makes up the rules, which is the important thing

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I mean, before 'reporting' such stuff contacting one of the partys?

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    I mean, before 'reporting' such stuff contacting one of the partys?

You mean, like a reliable person? Why the hell would people want that?

#15 2 years ago

Why reach out to people via private messaging and keep secrets between friends because you value that friendship? Just create bs for your podcast and hope it becomes so big you can profit off it on Patreon for another new expensive toy in NYC.

#16 2 years ago

OP should probably change thread title

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, he may not specifically code, but he makes up the rules, which is the important thing

So stop using the incorrect terminology?

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

OP should probably change thread title

Yeah, maybe change it to "There's still hope for ACDC owners who want to see Oi Mania do something".

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Meh, people get the point. Without looking it up im willing to bet the majority of people dont know who actually wrote the ones and zeros for any given Elwin game.

At the end of the day, this thread was just a dumb rumor spread without any basis.

#20 2 years ago

I feel bad I can’t remember his name, but I think it’s been the same coder on all Elwin games.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel bad I can’t remember his name, but I think it’s been the same coder on all Elwin games.

Rick Naegle...I think lol

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Meh, people get the point. Without looking it up im willing to bet the majority of people dont know who actually wrote the ones and zeros for any given Elwin game.
    At the end of the day, this thread was just a dumb rumor spread without any basis.

Ha. How lazy does one have to be to not even attempt use correct terms so people understand what they are saying? Not distinguishing between rules design and coding is the same as not distinguishing between an architect and a carpenter.

#24 2 years ago

Who cares...Sterns boring at this point, yawn

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Oops Kaneda was wrong on this one.......

Why people give this guy any level of credence is a mystery. His track record is worse than the National Enquire.

Only a matter of time until someone brings a Defamation Suit against him.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Ha. How lazy does one have to be to not even attempt use correct terms so people understand what they are saying? Not distinguishing between rules design and coding is the same as not distinguishing between an architect and a carpenter.

Odd thing to get upset about, but hope your day gets better.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yeah. I mean, who needs all these amazing games coming out at a near historic rate?

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Odd thing to get upset about, but hope your day gets better.

Not upset at all. Just trying to correct an inaccuracy. It is interesting to me though how people seem to be against such a thing… but whatever.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Why people give this guy any level of credence is a mystery. His track record is worse than the National Enquire.
    Only a matter of time until someone brings a Defamation Suit against him.

The big problem in my opinion is that spreading a rumors like these do have consequences. It can effect livelihoods and professional relationships. If its true- then congrats on the scoop, if false i hope he's held accountable.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Yeah. I mean, who needs all these amazing games coming out at a near historic rate?

How close is Stern production capacity to Williams production from back in the day? Anyone know? I think I read Stern can do 400 units a week now?

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

How close is Stern production capacity to Williams production from back in the day? Anyone know? I think I read Stern can do 400 units a week now?

Assuming there are no supply chain issues and they have the workforce in place, they have the capacity for around 115 games a day.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Yes Dad.

#33 2 years ago

Anytime, son.

#34 2 years ago

I won't say anymore incase I don't get any pocket money next week

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Kaneda reported this morning that LFS left Stern 9 months ago and has been working at CGC on Cactus Canyon. This is stunning news to me, especially if his previously reported rumor of Steve Ritchie to JJP is also true

We know K man was wrong again but if folks actually do a little research for themselves and see...

**Lyman dropped latest EHOH code 3/11/21.

**We are now in the first day of 8/21, so that was what 4 months 3 weeks ago.

**Lyman allegedly left Stern 9 months ago, hmmm.

Now I'm no math major but a little common sense light bulb should go off and say " Wrong"

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yeah Stern, how 'bout some chipping playfields to make things more interesting.
    Sooooo borrrrrinnng.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

We know K man was wrong again but if folks actually do a little research for themselves and see...
    **Lyman dropped EHOH 3/11/21.
    Now I'm no math major but a little common sense light bulb should go off and say " Wrong"

There are definitely no large coding protects unrelated to specific titles currently underway at Stern and Lyman definitely didn't work on large coding protects unrelated to specific titles when he joined Stern, either.

#38 2 years ago

People don't like numbers or facts. They like rumors and conspiracies and drama. Common sense doesn't ever come into play. I haven't ever listened to this persons podcasts, but given everything that gets said, it doesn't sound like it is anything more than a rumor mill that doesn't vet very much, just runs on sensationalism.

#39 2 years ago

Whadya mean Lyman dropped EHOH March 11th?

Elvira 3 came out October 2019, and the last code update for it was around Christmas 2020, if I recall correctly.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Whadya mean Lyman dropped EHOH March 11th?
    Elvira 3 came out October 2019, and the last code update for it was around Christmas 2020, if I recall correctly.

Latest code dropped 3/11/21. Sounds like it's time to update

#41 2 years ago

Latest code dropped 3/11/21. Sounds like it's time to update

Oh, you meant dropped the last code update.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Oh, you meant dropped the last code update.

yep, fix my post to reflect latest code drop

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Doesn’t matter whether people listen to him or not. The issue is whether the rumor is true.

Too bad this thread has to be about him.

The fact is that Lyman has left Stern. That’s what this thread should be about

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

So did he indeed actually leave Stern?

#45 2 years ago

yep, fix my post to reflect latest code drop

I don't think there's a rule that if an employee leaves a company there can never be a code update again for a game he was working on.

#46 2 years ago

Wasn't their rumours that Elvira was going to be Lymans last game ? It would be really sad if he stopped coding games.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:So did he indeed actually leave Stern?

Given the secrecy surrounding pinball...

world (resized).JPGworld (resized).JPG
    #48 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Here is where you can find that information: https://sternpinball.com/game/elviras-house-of-horrors/
    Scroll to the bottom and click "GAME CODE"

ElviraCodeDatesSS (resized).pngElviraCodeDatesSS (resized).png
    #50 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Doesn’t matter whether people listen to him or not. The issue is whether the rumor is true.
    Too bad this thread has to be about him.

Damn, if that is true my hopes of Oi Mania getting fixed on AC/DC go down the toilet

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-sheats-out-at-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.