(Topic ID: 301422)

Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe partnering with Chicago Gaming Company.

By CGC-Ryan

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Filimurz
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1027141822 (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    Screenshot_20211001-210917_Chrome.jpg
    kirk66 (resized).jpg
    D83A7D69-407B-4175-A44D-0A8A98447299.gif
    19780219-71AE-4298-9BC1-ACF5DEA3B6A7.gif
    10-1-21 Sheets Sharpe press release.pdf (PDF preview)

#1 2 years ago

For Immediate Release:

Chicago Gaming Company is Continuing to Enhance Upcoming Pinball Releases

Chicago, October 1, 2021 – Chicago Gaming Company is pleased to announce that Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe have been contracted to develop new and enhanced software for Cactus Canyon Remake.

Lyman Sheats is a pinball software engineer whose accomplishments span nearly three decades. Lyman brings a wealth of knowledge in software design as well as gameplay. His visions of gameplay and rules are a result of his many years as an avid pinball tournament player and enthusiast, and many of his rulesets serve as the backbone for modern pinball rules design.

Josh Sharpe is a passionate pinball enthusiast who is the current president of the International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA). Josh has been a competitive pinball player since 1993 and created the World Pinball Player Rankings in 2006. The son of industry legend Roger Sharpe, Josh also extended his love of pinball by writing game reviews for Play Meter Magazine for 18 years.

“We are pleased to be working with Lyman and Josh on this project. Their knowledge, enthusiasm and excitement have been instrumental in taking this game to a level above and beyond our expectations,” said Doug Duba, President of Chicago Gaming Company.

Chicago Gaming Company is a high-quality pinball manufacturer based out of Chicago, IL. Known for its attention to detail and the highest level of craftsmanship, Chicago Gaming Company has remade some of the all-time most sought-after pinball machines. Chicago Gaming Company uses modern electronics to deliver a familiar game with modern reliability.

Please contact Ryan White ([email protected]) with any questions you may have.

10-1-21 Sheets Sharpe press release.pdf10-1-21 Sheets Sharpe press release.pdf
    #2 2 years ago

This is good news!

#3 2 years ago

Yeaaaaaah buddy!

#4 2 years ago

Definitely more interested now, unless prices have gone into stratosphere.

#5 2 years ago

Lyman's back to finish the job, 20 something years in the making. B/W II sort of. Awesome!

#6 2 years ago

Love the coding from Lyman.
    In Lyman We Trust.

#7 2 years ago

That's great news. Well done CGC !
    LTG : )

#8 2 years ago

So what is Josh's role at CGC? Congrats and blessings to both on thier new endeavor.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

So what is Josh's role at CGC? Congrats and blessings to both on thier new endeavor.

Was thinking that….not sure that Lyman needs any help with rule-sets.

#10 2 years ago

if they were contracted today by this announcement, guessing nothing done to code ?
    but will be ? seems strange as this should have been done long ago if there is a release coming?

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

if they were contracted today by this announcement, guessing nothing done to code ?
    but will be ? seems strange as this should have been done long ago if there is a release coming?
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b0eba9be3e02d2227fb170c2b4dfc30e61e707a2-1633122727-1800"};
    //]]>

Obviously they’ve been there for a while. They didn’t start today lol …c’mon.

#12 2 years ago

AMAZING NEWS!!!!!

(please add scorbit support!)

Neil.

#13 2 years ago

Sweet news. I hope for the day when components are in good supply and there are 5+ companies cranking out pins on a yearly basis.

#14 2 years ago

And now his watch is ended....on Elvira updates

#15 2 years ago

Personally not interested in Ccr but I really hope these 2 are working on whatever licensed games CgC are rumored to be working on.

Mark Ritchie, Lyman Sheets, Pulp Fiction……

19780219-71AE-4298-9BC1-ACF5DEA3B6A7.gif19780219-71AE-4298-9BC1-ACF5DEA3B6A7.gif
    #16 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Personally not interested in Ccr but I really hope these 2 are working on whatever licensed games CgC are rumored to be working on.
    [quoted image]

Pulp Fiction for the Win! Money is already in place for this magic combo of talent, premium manufacturing, and license.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Pulp Fiction for the Win! Money is already in place for this magic combo of talent, premium manufacturing, and license.

Once in a pinball lifetime the stars can align for greatness!

Btw, 25 years ago yesterday Pulp Fiction was released.

F*k I’m getting old.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from orangestorm87:

And now his watch is ended....on Elvira updates

Yep, and I guess Oi Mania (AC/DC) is destined to never do anything.

#19 2 years ago

In Lyman we trust!

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

And Ben Hecks game too.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yep, and I guess Oi Mania (AC/DC) is destined to never do anything.

I don't think that mode was necessary, but the other changes in the last update were really good. There might be a bug with bonus hold, but I can't confirm since I don't have my game any more. I'm not sure Stern has any priority to fix it themselves. If it was up to me, just fix the few bugs (if any), remove OI Mania and be done with it.

Rob

#22 2 years ago

Great!

#23 2 years ago

This is great for pinball!!! Love what Lyman did at Stern, but imagine how he could improve the rules on MB,AFM,MM, CP, etc. to make all those classic games even better.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

For Immediate Release:
    Chicago Gaming Company is Continuing to Enhance Upcoming Pinball Releases
    Chicago, October 1, 2021 – Chicago Gaming Company is pleased to announce that Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe have been contracted to develop new and enhanced software for Cactus Canyon Remake.
    Lyman Sheats is a pinball software engineer whose accomplishments span nearly three decades. Lyman brings a wealth of knowledge in software design as well as gameplay. His visions of gameplay and rules are a result of his many years as an avid pinball tournament player and enthusiast, and many of his rulesets serve as the backbone for modern pinball rules design.
    Josh Sharpe is a passionate pinball enthusiast who is the current president of the International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA). Josh has been a competitive pinball player since 1993 and created the World Pinball Player Rankings in 2006. The son of industry legend Roger Sharpe, Josh also extended his love of pinball by writing game reviews for Play Meter Magazine for 18 years.
    “We are pleased to be working with Lyman and Josh on this project. Their knowledge, enthusiasm and excitement have been instrumental in taking this game to a level above and beyond our expectations,” said Doug Duba, President of Chicago Gaming Company.
    Chicago Gaming Company is a high-quality pinball manufacturer based out of Chicago, IL. Known for its attention to detail and the highest level of craftsmanship, Chicago Gaming Company has remade some of the all-time most sought-after pinball machines. Chicago Gaming Company uses modern electronics to deliver a familiar game with modern reliability.
    Please contact Ryan White ([email protected]) with any questions you may have.
    [quoted image]

D83A7D69-407B-4175-A44D-0A8A98447299.gifD83A7D69-407B-4175-A44D-0A8A98447299.gif
    #25 2 years ago

damn....how does Kaneda break the news days before it hits....again??

Seriously though, what a great asset and smart move by CGC. Nice job.

#26 2 years ago

This is amazing news. Congrats to all. CGC is the best pinball company hands down.

#27 2 years ago

Lyman good for future, not this game. Still no cc, year 3.... Cc is just not a good shooter. I don't see any coding helping it's long ball times and primitive shots. Game is a huge drop below the other remakes.

Remaking this..big mistake vs other games like ww, cv, titan.

#28 2 years ago

12k MSRP wouldn't surprise me at this point

#29 2 years ago
    kirk66 (resized).jpgkirk66 (resized).jpg
    #30 2 years ago

Called it 3 months ago

Screenshot_20211001-210917_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20211001-210917_Chrome.jpg

#32 2 years ago

the one and only.....

1027141822 (resized).jpg1027141822 (resized).jpg
    #33 2 years ago

This is awesome news. But PLEASE set the MSRP reasonably! The average pinhead -who’ll be supporting CGC for years to come- can’t afford the extravagant prices that have been coming out recently.

#34 2 years ago

MEH. CC. Lol

#35 2 years ago

Wow that's some great news. Congrats to CGC putting together a great team. Looks like after Cactus Canyon they may be doing some great things together? This would be awesome for us bc more competition = more options and will make things better for the buyer. IF so I cant see them going back and re-releasing ones they have done already. Better get this Cactus remake before they are all gone and on to the next great title.

#36 2 years ago

This is great news, I bet a lot of original CC are about to hit the market.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

12k MSRP wouldn't surprise me at this point

hope not. prices are bad enough. used and older games looking better all the time.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Once in a pinball lifetime the stars can align for greatness!
    Btw, 25 years ago yesterday Pulp Fiction was released.
    F*k I’m getting old.

I think it would be 27 years now. Pulp Fiction came out in 1994. And yes I'm getting old too.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I think it would be 27 years now. Pulp Fiction came out in 1994. And yes I'm getting old too.

Lol. You’re right - I got punked by Netflix on Facebook. Must have been an old post.
    And what sort of idiot gets his facts from Facebook?!?!? It’s not even yesterday 27 years ago lol.

Anyway, thanks - now I feel even older.

3 months later
    #40 2 years ago

RIP Lyman. Your “lament” Easter egg on my MB SE makes my day.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-sheats-and-josh-sharpe-partnering-with-chicago-gaming-company?hl=theadicts77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.