(Topic ID: 192163)

Lyman or Lonnie - Who's the king of code?

By MacLean

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Lyman or Lonnie - who's the king of code?”

• Lyman F. Sheats 89 votes
      93%
    • Lonnie D. Ropp 7 votes
      7%

(96 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinDatabase (resized).jpg
    wrestlemania1 (resized).jpg
    lyman-vs-lonnie (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

I think your picture of games is messed up some. Lonnie did WWE and never finished it as far as i know, i think they wanted Lyman to fix it but he never got to it yet. Star Trek Dwight saved from Lonnies code. Xmen im pretty sure Cheng did most of it.

Really Dwight is alot better then Lonnie in my opinion. Dwights had has hands on alot of games code and should be considered one of the best. Lyman is king though with honorable mentions of Keith and Dwight.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from MacLean:

... actually no he did not, Sheats did Wrestlemania

Sorry but pinside's info is wrong...i owned a wwe le, code sucked since it only let you play half the game with badly coded gates. Watch this video from Stern about the making of WWE, very first scene it opens up with Lonnie...

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from MacLean:

based on Pinball Database, I guess they both worked WWE? Does anyone know?

did you watch the video? no Lyman at all. i did hear he was suppose to fix the code similar to how Dwight fixed ST though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Phbooms.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-or-lonnie-whos-the-king-of-code?tu=Phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.