Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 8 years ago

Atticus does not post on the forums, so I'll chime in on a few things.

I know for a fact Atticus had a blast at Nationals and really enjoyed playing everyone and just hanging out. He said all of his opponents were very cool and they talked about lots of other things besides pinball.

He loved being able to play Lyman and despite losing 0-4, he said he did not feel like he was run over. You can see Atticus smiling in the video on Metallica. He was loving playing!

On the issue of the tilt: it was no big deal. I saw the tilt carry through, but I was not going to interfere. I know Josh explained the rule to Atticus at the time. Afterwards I did ask about his choice and Atticus told me he thought the rule meant he had to start another game, play one ball and add scores together. (He has had that happen in other tourneys). Because he misinterpreted, the basis was that he did not want to lose his Snake progress. ( Adding ball 4 would have kept the progress, but he didn't understand the rule). Anyway, he is not very physical with games so he was not concerned.

On the issue of the final match: there were lots of conversations going on with the people directly involved. I will say flights were a concern for BOTH Adam and Lyman.

As someone directly observing what was happening before the finals and leading up to the decision, it's not my place to tell the story, Adam and/or Lyman can if they choose. But I will say it is disappointing to read and hear some of the comments, because from my and Atticus' viewpoint, Lyman is an honorable competitor and a very nice person.

The day was long, but a great ride. I think Atticus' mother and I were more nervous than he was. Thank you IFPA, Josh and Zach for running the Nationals and Tim and PHOF staff for hosting at the venue and to all who helped make it possible.

Congrats also to Travis who made the final 4 beating Atticus for the 3/4 spot, and of course to Adam Lefkoff for winning the National title.

Hopefully we will see everyone again next year. (Heck, maybe I will beat Atticus in the SCS for a change and see firsthand what it's all about, lol.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballcorpse.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lyman-forfeits-in-final-round-of-ifpa-championship?tu=pinballcorpse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.