Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Aulantern
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG1273_(resized).jpg
IMAG1275_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

My Lw3 was working fine until a couple of days ago. Over night it looses it memory? I changed the battery holder as a matter of course...no difference. I have sited it at my local so any high scores are being lost. I see there are a couple of diodes ( D25 & D23) in the firing line. I will be going past a electronic part shop before i Get the the machine and would like to get hold of a few . Cannot find a parts list anywhere . If some one could offer assistance , diode value,parts list or any other clues I would be really grateful. Cheers

#2 3 years ago

Any corrosion around the battery area?

Can you take a clear pic?

#3 3 years ago

Looks like the battery holder has been replaced earlier. I installed a remote one after this shot. Only have one pic for the moment.

IMAG1275_(resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

Can you get a Pic of the front?

#5 3 years ago

Best I have..Pls dis regard the test leads

IMAG1273_(resized).jpg

#6 3 years ago

There are diodes that block the batteries from powering the whole board and just the memory. You can test/replace those OR you can just dump the batteries all together and simply unplug the Hyundai 6224 (if I remember right) ram and install an NVram. Never need batteries again, and you do not have to risk hacking up the mpu by swapping components.

The memory chip on that board is already in a socket so you will not even have to remove the board from the machine.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Aulantern:

Looks like the battery holder has been replaced earlier. I installed a remote one after this shot. Only have one pic for the moment.

Looks like some battery corrosion has already taken hold.

I'd cut that battery holder off the board and see how much more corrosion it's hiding.

Can we see a focused pic of the surrounding top of the board?

#8 3 years ago

That sounds like a fine idea. Just need to track one down and get it sent to Aussie.

#9 3 years ago

Funny thing is Aussie sounds a lot easier than Canada these days. *eyeroll*

#10 3 years ago

I have an NVRAM memory replacement for this board (I used it on my LW3) that would require you just to pull the socketed RAM and drop it in – no more batteries! Message me if interested.

4 weeks later
#11 3 years ago

Got me a NVRAM.....That fixed the problem....Thanks guys.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Hoover, AL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Sale Pending!
Edgemoor, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside