Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just picked up an LW3 that needs some work. I'm thinking it's stuff I can d, bumpers, flippers and a good cleaning.. Was wondering which ROM's were a must to upgrade for this machine. It is running display version A-2.01 and CPU 2.0. The sound ROM's are 0601. I don't want to dump a ton of money into this machine if it doesn't need it. Which ones should I be replacing?

#2 10 years ago

Well, you don't *have* to upgrade any of the ROMs, if it works fine, and you're happy with it, it'll be OK running what is in it now..

The latest CPU is 2.08, the latest Display is 2.06. The latest sound is the factory release.

I'd be happy to earn your business if you want to upgrade to the 2.08 CPU and the 2.06 display. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

#3 10 years ago

Thx John, I have bought from you in the past & you were who I was going to order them from. I know people complained about the callouts in this game and I'm not sure if that fell under sound roms or display roms. Or what the difference from the original to the upgraded was this particular game.

#4 10 years ago

i have one, i like it. fun pin.

the callout that most have an issue with is the "ok ok ok ok" when the ball hits the pop bumpers. mine doesn't do it all the time, but it doesn't bother me when it does.

leds in the controlled lamps makes a big difference as i think the pf is a little dark in low light situations, but that's me...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

i have one, i like it. fun pin.
the callout that most have an issue with is the "ok ok ok ok" when the ball hits the pop bumpers. mine doesn't do it all the time, but it doesn't bother me when it does.
leds in the controlled lamps makes a big difference as i think the pf is a little dark in low light situations, but that's me...

I heard that about the ok ok ok, I was wondering what else might be different from the original. I love LED's & will probably sprinkle at least a few in. I don't want to put more money in it that it's worth. I'm not sure how long I'm goint to want to keep it. A few months at least though..

#6 10 years ago

leds were cheap. got 100 from cometpinball.com for $29 shipped.

check this topic for an alternative sound rom:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-sound-rom-update

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

leds were cheap. got 100 from cometpinball.com for $29 shipped.
check this topic for an alternative sound rom:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lethal-weapon-3-sound-rom-update

Word. Comet pinball LEDs are very nice especially at that price

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

leds were cheap. got 100 from cometpinball.com for $29 shipped

Wow, that is cheap...Did you just get a 100 pack of whites?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Wow, that is cheap...Did you just get a 100 pack of whites?

Yup, 100 clear bullets, natural white. Wanted warm, but he's out of stock.

The "bullet" is longer than a regular #555 so you'll have to losen the mounting screws on the light boards so they'll fit. Minor inconvenience.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

You also have the option to install my custom sound ROMs which gets rid of "ok ok ok" completely and enhances the callouts and music.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lw3-roms-which-do-i-need-to-upgrade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.