(Topic ID: 119465)

LW3 Price Check

By LukeDFields

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I've been trying to talk an arcade owner down on his last remaining pin, which would be my first DMD machine. He's not overly fond of the thing but he's got money in the table and doesn't want to let it go for less than $1600. That's too much for a Lethal Weapon 3, especially one that is currently on location (although it plays fine, needs a shopping and maybe a little playfield work), but there's just not a lot going on in my area (Atlanta, GA-ish) as far as decent project pins. A Craigslist full of busted EMs and over-priced and over-shopped restore jobs.

Considering the lack of available project tables in my area and the ever-increasing cost of pins in general, how much would I be over-paying for this thing? I already own a Time Machine, so I'm familiar with a few of the... peculiarities... of Data East builds.

#2 9 years ago

I sold one within last 6 months with great playfield and plastics, LEDs, and an OK cabinet (dings and scratches) for a lot less then $1600. I wouldn't pay more than $1100 - $1200 for one because they are so hard to resell. Too many of them and not enough people like them. I liked it but not in a small collection, would do better in a larger collection. It also needs a good alt translite.

#3 9 years ago

$1000-$1200.....great game for the money, but hard to resell.

#4 9 years ago

Agree with the above posts

#5 9 years ago

1000 bucks led ed out. Had no pinside takers at that price even.
search old posts. True story.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks guys, about $1k was what I initially thought it was worth. I'm gonna go put some quarters in it and then try and talk him down further.

#8 9 years ago

And yet I cannot find one in my area..had a post up for months!

#9 9 years ago

Take a road trip and spend your money on a better pin. I like the game at under $1000 but like others have said seems to be a hard game to sell. I call it the poor mans T2. No offense!

#10 9 years ago

Crappy clunky DE pin. I sold a nice example for 950 five years ago. Had it for four long months. I even had to sell my Tommy recently because of the "clunky" DE game play. DE pins are on my never buy again list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,800 (OBO)
3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lw3-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.