Topic poll

“LW3 or Time Machine?”

• LW3 7 votes
    22%
  • Time Machine 25 votes
    78%

(32 votes)

#1 9 months ago

Faced with a tough decision of Lethal Weapon 3 or Time Machine. At first I thought LW3 no brainer (in exceptional condition and only 1700) but then I saw time machine and I love the subway and A physical ball lock (my favorite). Don’t really care for either of the themes. Leaning towards LW3. What do you think?

#2 9 months ago

Time machine for me. The OK OK OK OK gets tiring quickly.

But you need to play both and decide. Everyone will have a differing opinion.

#3 9 months ago

I very much prefer the theming and charisma of Time Machine. I'm not a fan of Mel Gibson, and I don't particularly like that his face covers 3/4 of the backglass. Time machine is a pretty straightforward game, and so is LW3, but when it boils down to gameplay, I think LW3 is probably the superior choice. It's just got more stuff to do and it's got a ton of great feeling shots.

That said, I'd rather have Time Machine. I'm a sucker for unique themes and catchy music.

#4 9 months ago

Looks like a fun pin

#5 9 months ago

I've owned both and still have Time Machine so take that for what it's worth. In my opinion, LW3 comes up all the time because it's not that great of a game. Time machine doesn't seem to come up for sale all that often. Given the choice, I'd take the Time machine and if you don't like it, find another LW3 will be pretty easy.

Dave

#6 9 months ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I've owned both and still have Time Machine so take that for what it's worth. In my opinion, LW3 comes up all the time because it's not that great of a game. Time machine doesn't seem to come up for sale all that often. Given the choice, I'd take the Time machine and if you don't like it, find another LW3 will be pretty easy.
Dave

This is great advice

#7 9 months ago

Keep in mind that I only have 1 other game. Would TM get repetitive quicker than LW3? Also there were almost 4x as many LW3s made compared to time Machine, so I feel that also has a factor on the fact that LW3 pops up more often.

#8 9 months ago

I prefer lethal weapon it's a DMD game and I think it got more going on compared to time machine we had at our league club house for a long time all you really do in the game is go for multiball or spell star warp.

#9 9 months ago

I've had both games I sold both games repurchase time machine I love the game and it would be very easy to sell time machine when the time comes if you get sick of it.....

#10 9 months ago

If Time Machine is in good condition, I'm taking that. One of the best DE ever made.

#11 9 months ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

I've had both games I sold both games repurchase time machine I love the game and it would be very easy to sell time machine when the time comes if you get sick of it.....

It’s tough because the LW3 is such a good deal and is in such good condition (with added mods) that it would be tough to pass by.

#12 9 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

It’s tough because the LW3 is such a good deal and is in such good condition (with added mods) that it would be tough to pass by.

Sounds to me like you've already made up your mind...go buy the LW3 and don't look back.

#13 9 months ago

Not hard to sell either if you want to change your mind later on.

#14 9 months ago

Buy both!

#15 9 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

all you really do in the game is go for multiball or spell star warp.

What the hell does anyone do in LW3 aside from SHOOT THE RAMP?

Seriously. My buddy owned a LW3. Him and my wife both sat there and watched me shoot it ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN times on one ball.. ONE BALL.

Also wtf: Since when is 1900 for a LW3 a good deal? That thing better be MINT or good luck getting your money. But hey, I guess this means my LAH must be worth about 7k.

#16 9 months ago

Compared to the other shots, there's NO point in shooting the ramp any more after you score the extra ball...

#17 9 months ago

I wish I could afford that! Maybe one day...

#18 9 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Also wtf: Since when is 1900 for a LW3 a good deal? That thing better be MINT or good luck getting your money. But hey, I guess this means my LAH must be worth about 7k.

These days that’s a good deal, and it’s 1700. It’s ridiculous what the prices are these days. 2800 for a decent diner and LAH over 3k.

#19 9 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

What the hell does anyone do in LW3 aside from SHOOT THE RAMP?
Seriously. My buddy owned a LW3. Him and my wife both sat there and watched me shoot it ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN times on one ball.. ONE BALL.

The lethal weapons I play usually have giant rubbers on the ramp that make it hard to shoot because they are usually in a competitive environment but I can see with out it being set up properly shooting the ramp over and over makes it boring.

#20 9 months ago

The lethal weapons I play usually have giant rubbers on the ramp that make it hard to shoot because they are usually in a competitive environment but I can see with out it being set up properly shooting the ramp over and over makes it boring.

Again, that is ONE strategy to get points.

#21 9 months ago

I thank the gods that nobody's been insane enough to put a LW3 anywhere in Dallas that might be "competitively" used.. wow... o_o

Quoted from mrossman5:

Again, that is ONE strategy to get points.

Name some other strategy that's anywhere near as valuable for making one easy shot over and over again on LW3... I'll hold your beer while you think about it.

#22 9 months ago

Jesus christ time machine by a mile. LW3 is absolute bottom of the barrel.

#23 9 months ago

I haven't had much exposure to Lethal Weapon 3 so can't give a fair yes no opinion on it other then i do seen this game with some frequency for sale. I might have played it twice back when it was new but don't remember much about it.
As for as Time Machine goes i like the cheesy music it fits the theme well and yes the rules are not super complex. But game can be a bare sometimes hitting the ramps in the time frame given. The art and light show really do help sell this game. But has other have stated not many of these around so parts can be tough to find mainly the starwarp ramp no new ones being made yet or plastics so if the one you see for sale is working and complete i would jump on it. You will not have a hard time selling it.

#24 9 months ago

Looks like Time Machine sold probably should have jumped on it.

#25 9 months ago

Classic!

I Just looked at the Time Machine playfield for the first time and it looks pretty sweet actually!

#26 9 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Name some other strategy that's anywhere near as valuable for making one easy shot over and over again on LW3... I'll hold your beer while you think about it.

I suppose.

#27 9 months ago

I don't have enough time on LW3, but I do time machine.

I love the theme and the cool factor of the chimes. Also the neat sound effects of each decade is sweet.

I wanted it to be a keeper, but after you get to the 50s, it's pretty much over. Rinse and repeat.. over and over.

IDK, cool concept but just got old fast. Plus the ramps are hard to find.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Lake Zurich, IL
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pacheco, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside