• 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

The title sums it up. Any thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

I'd go with the LW3. IMO it just has a little more to offer layout wise then F-14.

#3 8 years ago

LW3...all day...!!!...............Joey

#5 8 years ago

I like LW3 way more than F14, not even close. Have you played them both?

#6 8 years ago

I'm hoping to find one at pin a go go, or somewhere in northern ca. Anyone know of one for sale?

#7 8 years ago

F14 kicked my butt when I was 9 or 10 and I vowed never to play it again. I don't remember much about it though.Lw3 is on location here in reno, but is really unplayable. I'm looking at around 1400 for a pin. I'm not a data east hater, I've liked a lot of their pins.

#8 8 years ago

I like both of these games...but if it REALLY came down to one Lw3 has more going on and would probably keep your interest longer. It's also got ramps while F14 is really a single level design (has habitrails but no ramps you shoot at).

They are both good games though and it would come down to price, condition, location (the usual stuff) for me. They made a ton of both of these titles so shouldn't be hard to find.

#9 8 years ago

F14 not having a ramp was a negative. lw3 I thought was underrated.
Habitrails seemed like fake ramps if you know what I mean.

#10 8 years ago

I guess I'll be the first vote for Tomcat. Pew, pew, fast balls. I would get annoyed at LW3 before I get bored of F14.

#11 8 years ago

F14 !!!! Fast, fun, incredible light show....

#12 8 years ago

Hey I see two LW3 for sale in Salt Lake City through the KSL ads. One asking 1100. I'll see if I can find the link.

#14 8 years ago

Thank you for the heads up, I spoke to him and he's a nice guy, it's a beautiful machine but I don't know how I'm going to get it it's eight hours each way.

#15 8 years ago

My first game was F-14. Great one to start off. Having said that, LW3 is a good DMD with tons of modes. F-14 really has one main objective, but the light show is fantastic. Both good games for around the same price point.

#16 8 years ago

That's what I was worried about on the 14 was that one objective. I haven't played f14 since I was 10 years old and I'm 38. I think Lethal weapon three will have more to offer.

#17 8 years ago
#18 8 years ago

F-14 is a much more FUN game.

There is a reason that LW3 is the cheapest DMD game available.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lw3-or-f14-one-pin-collection-1200-budget and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.