Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Pinballdad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

There's a LW3 listed on eBay that's being sold out of Fredericksburg Va. Just a warning to pinside buddies it's not as advertised. If your bidding on it or want to PM me first.

#2 12 years ago

Have you seen it in person? What's up with it?

#3 12 years ago

The DMD looks roasted. And new ROMs won't fix a resetting problem.

#4 12 years ago

I bought it Then returned it luckily at the time he had a 7 day return policy. He had none of those problems listed at the time. Ad read "everything works as it should". It has more problems than listed. Mounting brackets for the DMD are broken, 6 of the 8 bolt holes on the legs are stripped there's many hack jobs in the backbox and under the playfield. The cabinet has far more damage than listed, translite is stuck to the plexiglas perminatly, 2 silonoids are bad, there's more I can't think of at the moment. That's all on top of the things he has listed. I LOVE a good project but that pin is a disaster. It's a reimport also. Oh yea, bad solider joints on the DMD at least. I just didnt want a pinsider to get burned.

#5 12 years ago

Fuse Clips are all broken so there all soldered in also

#6 12 years ago

I was watching that one. I noticed it disappeared when it was originally listed, then popped back up, seems like it is going for more than it did the first time. At least he let you return it. Hopefully the right people see this.

#7 12 years ago

what tricks people play

#8 12 years ago

wow lucky he had a "like it or return it" policy. not a lot do. how was he when you returned it was it akward?

#9 12 years ago

It wasn't a like it or return it policy. It was a " if you know enough about pins to realize I'm a lying hack you can return it policy". I like LW3. It wasn't awkward for me, you would have to ask him.

#10 12 years ago

Is it at least selling for a low price?Might be worth a hundred or so but I wouldn't pay a whole lot

#11 12 years ago

Lw3 with decent pf is worth more than 100 bucks imo. Even if dmd is roasted , 500 if the rest is ok

#12 12 years ago

It's worth what it's going for now if you know what your getting. It wasn't worth the $745 I paid for it. I sat on Marco's site and figured up a very detailed list of every thing I knew it would need to get it working and ship it out. The list came to 300 without shipping and tax.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

It's a reimport also.

I do not see that as a negative. All the other items are bad, thanks for giving everybody the heads-up

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

the_pin_family said:It's a reimport also.
I do not see that as a negative. All the other items are bad, thanks for giving everybody the heads-up

Agreed. My LW3 is a reimpoirt from Germany. Lol...out of 3 pins I have it ended up being the one with the least amount of issues after purchase. Lil wax on the PF and a couple burnt bulbs and I was good to go for $750 price. Jeesh...didn't even have to change a switch or solder a diode or anything above changing a couple bulbs. Maybe I just got lucky on that one. I dunno. I would buy a reimport again...of course after making sure it all worked before paying like I did on mine. No problem if it passes the initial test/review

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

3,800 (OBO)
3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lw3-on-ebay-not-as-advertised and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.