New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 124421)

LW3 numerous specific semi-noob questions...

By megalo17

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mima
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20150416_192311_resized.jpg
lw3.jpg
IMG_20140721_153322.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megalo17.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Here goes, several rapid fire questions (kinda like the game)... OK, ok, ok... (couldn't help it):

1) The pinballs seem to jump off the "bomb" drop targets. They get airborne and fly over the slingshots. Do I just need to replace them, and put some of the target foam on the back of them?
2) During the "skill shot" at launch I assume I pull the trigger when the aim is on a target, the smaller target => the bigger payout. There seems to be a delay from when I pull the trigger to where it lands. Am I missing something? (btw, I just ordered the latest rom, so maybe this will fix the issue).
3) What do you all recommend for the pitch of the playing field?
4) Is it just me, or does the playing field seem dark? I've ordered an LED kit, which should help the problem, but I think it's gonna need more. Does anyone have any experience with spotlights for this game?
5) What setting do I need to adjust to prevent the "Open the door" message at startup? Am I in a demo/maintenance mode? It seems to have erased my settings since the last session...

Sorry for all the questions. Any and all feedback is truly welcome...

#4 5 years ago

You guys are right about the skill shot. Thanks for that! Is the deflector just a lip that you put on top of the plastic? Mine was getting so airborne today, it was landing on the left ramp! As for the battery pack, the previous owner neglected it. They were corroded. I replaced them, but haven't cleaned it yet. I plan on doing the remote battery pack mod. I've found some spotlights to add to brighten things up, just looking for where to place them.

#8 5 years ago

Thats well done! Thanks for the pic! When I free up some time I'll try to replicate. I've also got to look into the left out lane kick back. Sometimes it misfires. And the LW1 lane has started draining every ball it releases...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider megalo17.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside