• Latest reply 7 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dmd_error_(resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has seen the error message in the pic below. When I start up the machine it displays with the rom then there is nothing. I couldn't find anything on the error message that it is showing. At times while playing a game the display will work and it's always when the same things are happening in the game. I've reseated the display cables. Could it be a rom issue?

dmd_error_(resized).jpgdmd_error_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Start by resetting your cables. (with the power off)

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Start by resetting your cables. (with the power off)

Forgot to mention that I did that. The cables were brand new a few months ago too.

#4 7 years ago

Should have a new ROM coming. Hopefully that will resolve the issue. If anyone has any other thoughts, I'm all ears!

4 weeks later
#5 7 years ago

I got a new display rom from johnwartjr but am still having the same issue. Has anybody seen this error code before?

#6 7 years ago

I assume the game boots up otherwise?

looks like a communication issue. probe out the ribbon cable going to the display. If a signal is missing or looks wrong check for open circuit somewhere.

Having another game would be nice. If it is not an open circuit issue. See if it is on the MPU or the display board. If its on the MPU board PIA, pullup resistors to be checked. If its on the display board, there are buffer type ICs on the databus something like 74245 to be checked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lw3-dmd-displays-weird-error-then-nothing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.