• Latest reply 8 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P8170053.jpg
#1 8 years ago

The left saucer coil isnt working. The switch works fine the coil wont fire even in test mode. Everything else on the game works all connections look good. Where should i begin? Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Check the Q43 transistor on the CPU board. It is likely bad.

#3 8 years ago

Will do

#4 8 years ago

Transistor looks good. Did a voltage check. The double wire has current the single wire has nothing. ALL of the other oils have constant current from both lines. What now?

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

Transistor looks good. Did a voltage check. The double wire has current the single wire has nothing. ALL of the other oils have constant current from both lines. What now?

You kind of lost me there. If you're testing voltage then the reading would be volts rather than current. Also if I'm understanding correctly nothing you did would actually test the transistor.

Did you take a voltage reading on each winding of the coil and the coil lug with two wires has voltage, but the lug with one wire has no voltage? If this is the case then the coil is bad or the small wire from the coil that goes to the lug is broken.

#6 8 years ago

Guess I meant the ohms. Sorry. Anyway checked the diode between the two wires one side has current the other doesn't. Have I found the problem?

#7 8 years ago

The upside down horseshoe one. Put red on the wire/connection black on the cabinet.

#8 8 years ago

Any ideas?

#10 8 years ago

I would be glad to help, but it's like we're speaking two different languages. Voltage, current and ohms are three very different things and they keep getting inter-mixed. If you're not sure what someone is telling you to do then ask questions. Also try to be more clear/exact in your responses because at this point I'm totally confused as to what readings you are getting where. Also, I have no idea what the upside down horseshoe thing is.

If necessary post photos.

As I said before you should have voltage on both leads of the saucer coil. Meter set to volts, black lead on ground and red lead on one lug and then the other. Both readings should be 50-70 volts (or something like that). If you don't then the coil is bad or the coil winding is broken at the lug (common issue). You can test the saucer coil and compare it to another coil.

#11 8 years ago

Sorry the volts. really need to learn my meters. The side with the two wires has power the other side doesn't. Looks like the coil winding is ok.

#12 8 years ago

P8170053.JPGP8170053.JPG

#13 8 years ago

If the side with single wire does not have any voltage than the coil winding is broken.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Whitty Pinball Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.