Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yngbld
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey guys, needing some advice with my 3 bank centre drop targets. In test mode, the coil fires once when needing to reset targets, no issue however whilst in game mode, at the start of each ball and when resetting after multiball it seems to always fire 3 times as if it's stuck. I've changed the plunger cleaned out the sleeve, replaced targets with NOS that came with the unit. Happy to resolder coil lugs, if needs be, but given it operates in test mode fine I'm stuck as to why it seems to fire as though the targets are stuck whilst in game mode?. Ive also checked switches in test mode and and again all seems to actuate normally. I'm stumped ! although it doesnt affect gameplay its quite frustrating, any help to solve this issue would be much appreciated..

Cheers

#2 4 years ago

100% switch issue. Its not seeing the switch properly when it resets the bank. Go into switch test and bang on the playfield and see if switches make or not.
More than likely a out of adjustment switch or failing switch or diode.

#3 4 years ago

Cheers hawk007 for the reply..

Ok I'll suss out the switches and test diodes, when you mention bang on the playfield, am i jusy looking for the switch that activates to assume it's the dud.. Also why in test does it seems to be ok, but not whilst in game?, that's what also stumps me..
@hawk007

#4 4 years ago

You are welcome.
test will only fire once as its pulsed once. In game it needs all 3 drop target switches to be open or it will try to reset them again. Thats why the multiple hits.

And yes when you 'bang' on the playfield you are looking for any quick closures and adjust or replace them as necessary
Make sure drop targets are up when you do this.

#5 4 years ago

OK makes sense, once again cheers for the advice and help, ill get onto and hopefully get it resolved
Hawk007

#6 4 years ago

Hawk007

Fixed! ended up being middle target switch, playing back to normal now thanks again for responding and leading me in the right direction. I am curious to understand the"pulse" logic behind why it was ok in test vs game though, does test only look for one switch to be closed to allow the coil kick?, and if so i assume that is common across all multiply switch banks across any machine?

#7 4 years ago

Hey glad you got er fixed up. In coil test the switches make no difference to the coil being tested. The cpu pulses the coil regardless of what any switch says. Its the coil test not switch test so it only tests the coil being pulsed. Only in game mode will the game switches control the coil in question. Make sense?
Cheers
Enjoy your machine.

#8 4 years ago

@Hawk007

Mate makes sense now, cheers I'll be sure to hit you up down the road next time I'm stuck

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lw3-centre-drop-target-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.