2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180607_164750 (resized).jpg
    20180607_164737 (resized).jpg
    LV_Shenanigans_BigApple2 (resized).png
    LV_Shenanigans_BigApple4 (resized).png

#1 2 years ago

Here on business, and decided to stay @ NY/NY for a random reason.

Had no idea of the arcade upstairs, which had Iron Maiden, Spidey, GOTG, GB, KISSLE,SW, MET, IM, and TWD !!!!

Finally got some good time on a few of these which I hadn't before.

All machines played well (props to operator)....good to see SM and IM getting their fair share of plays....

Not going to do a poll, but have to admit that Iron Maiden was badass ( smoked MET, IMHO)....closest I'd come to buying a Band Pin, for sure.

Pleasantly surprised how good TWD was...... couldn't get away from GOTG, GB, and SW fast enough, though..KISSLE wasn't that bad, either...

Stern definitely getting it done...(should have had a BM66 up there, though).

Pinball alive and well here!!!!

#2 2 years ago

Pinball Hall of Fame is great too.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

Pinball Hall of Fame is great too.

Yep...went there last year....I like going downstairs and hitting the tables though...

#4 2 years ago

That's why and how I bought Met. Never crossed my mind until I played it there.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here on business

And if you're there for a couple more days, and you like hockey, the stanley cup playoffs will be in Las Vegas. Game 5 is on Thursday!

#6 2 years ago

The Big Apple Arcade (and roller coaster) @ NYNY is pretty darn cool (hence why we always stay there when in Vegas). Looks like they have changed some of the tables since we were there (they had a JJP WoZ).

Also check out the Fun Dungeon across the road at Excalibur - they had a few pins there too.

LV_Shenanigans_BigApple2 (resized).pngLV_Shenanigans_BigApple4 (resized).png
    #7 2 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

And if you're there for a couple more days, and you like hockey, the stanley cup playoffs will be in Las Vegas. Game 5 is on Thursday!

I am!!!

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Here on business, and decided to stay @ NY/NY for a random reason.
    Had no idea of the arcade upstairs, which had Iron Maiden, Spidey, GOTG, GB, KISSLE,SW, MET, IM, and TWD !!!!
    Finally got some good time on a few of these which I hadn't before.
    All machines played well (props to operator)....good to see SM and IM getting their fair share of plays....
    Not going to do a poll, but have to admit that Iron Maiden was badass ( smoked MET, IMHO)....closest I'd come to buying a Band Pin, for sure.
    Pleasantly surprised how good TWD was...... couldn't get away from GOTG, GB, and SW fast enough, though..KISSLE wasn't that bad, either...
    Stern definitely getting it done...(should have had a BM66 up there, though).
    Pinball alive and well here!!!!

NYNY rocks for pinball; love going there! PHOF....not so much. I haven't been able to get into GOTG or GB either, but I just picked up an SW and have had my doubts but trusted Dwights Code and the support it gets from GOT fans. It's definitely not a game to play on location; the fun of the game is highly dependent of knowing what all the lights, shots, sounds, and symbols mean which takes a lot of plays and determination; otherwise it's a flat game. However, it is Amazing when you start peeling back its layers. IMDN is fantastic and great for location too. Enjoy your stay - I never win at gambling at NYNY so be warned

#9 2 years ago

Heading down this morning to go to the game tomorrow night!

#10 2 years ago

Damn, I was just in Vegas....have to check that out next time.....

#11 2 years ago

There is a nice thread on NY,NY arcade and pins. We were there last April game 2 Stanley Cup on Friday against the Kings. It was awesome the park area between ny,ny and Monti Carlo (mgm park hotel) was rocking. We were outside watching on big screens.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Damn, I was just in Vegas....have to check that out next time.....

Yeah, I missed it too. I was walking to NYNY from Excalibur and a couple of hookers got in the way.

...seriously. They were having trouble navigating in high heels and I just wanted to get past them.

#13 2 years ago

Heading to LV over the 4th of July holiday. Will be hitting ny/ny for sure. Thanks for the post.

#14 2 years ago

I had no idea that was there. Will stay at NY/NY next time I go to Vegas for sure. Thank you OP.

#15 2 years ago

I'll be there two weeks from tomorrow!

#16 2 years ago

Leaving Sunday for Sin City......NY NY now on the list to stop. Thanks for the post!

#17 2 years ago

I think Pinsider, extremepinball, is responsible for the nice games at NYNY (and Fremont Arcade too, I think).

Enjoy!

#18 2 years ago

Pic

20180607_164737 (resized).jpg
    #19 2 years ago

Another

20180607_164750 (resized).jpg
    #20 2 years ago

Is the arcade open 24 hours a day?

#21 2 years ago

Do they have JJP games?

#22 2 years ago

JEFF HORN the australian fights
    someone
    crawford???
    there tmrw too

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Is the arcade open 24 hours a day?

No.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Do they have JJP games?

No..my pic shows the lineup when I was there......

It was open @ 1am when I was up there Thursday evening...can't speak to 24 hour access......

#26 2 years ago

Hey extremepinball what happened to JJP games? I know you had a WOZ at one time...

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Hey extremepinball what happened to JJP games? I know you had a WOZ at one time...

He previously posted that they were not financially viable at that location.

#28 2 years ago

Stern, Stern, Stern, Stern... licensed theme, licensed theme, licensed theme...

#29 2 years ago

Gonna be in Vegas this weekend and next week so if anyone else is around and wants to play let me know!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 269.99
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 103.00
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 21.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside