1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Blitzburgh99
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8134EF00-801A-4D5C-8049-63DCFD7D18E4 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I jumped into this hobby 2 years ago with a woman I had just met 10 months prior. She never played pinball before she met me. Our first pin purchase involved an 8 hour trip to the arcade auction in NC. We brought home a grand lizard. 6 months after that we were at 4 pins, and technical out of room in the basement. A couple of times along the way she did mention "you aren't still looking for a machine are you?".

Fast forward to today, we removed the foosball table and a couple of other things from the basement and currently have 9 machine. The most recent machine is still sitting upstairs in the living room. During Christmas weekend she said to me "I kind of like one of the machines upstairs, a lot of people enjoyed playing it". This made me smile!

Well today she said "I have been thinking about where to put a game permanently in the living room, how about the corner by the TV".

I gave her the biggest smile and said we can make it happen!!

I'm so thankful I have a woman who loves all aspects of pinball. She loves playing. Loves going to shows. And loves the excitement in getting a new machine. For her 40th birthday I bought her an Aerosmith Premium and for Christmas her best gift she received was a pinball poster that she absolutely loves.

image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

Your Blessed...why is it still in box?

#3 1 year ago

Nice. My wife thinks they are giant boat anchors that take up to much room and cost way to much money.

#4 1 year ago

That's awesome!

My wife loves to play and has told me that any pins that enter our house will never be sold. She wants wall to wall pins

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Your Blessed...why is it still in box?

Forgot to add the other photos!

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Nice. My wife thinks they are giant boat anchors that take up to much room and cost way to much money.

Get rid of her.

#7 1 year ago

You are lucky, my wife while not against it, is pretty much neutral on the whole pinball thing. She plays once in a blue moon for a few mins but thats pretty much it.

#9 1 year ago

You are a lucky guy! Having your wife enjoy the hobby too is great! My wife and I play for a few minutes most every day. Pinball is supposed to be about fun!

#10 1 year ago

My wife says "you can only play one at a time" so doesn't understand my owning more than one.

#11 1 year ago

Both lucky and blessed... me too. My wife claims more than half of our machines are hers and can't be sold or traded

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Both lucky and blessed... me too. My wife claims more than half of our machines are hers and can't be sold or traded

So she claims what, 1.75 machines?

#13 1 year ago

Wow. She’s awesome.

#14 1 year ago

Man, if my wife shared the same crazy for pins as I do we'd be in trouble!

#15 1 year ago

Fantastic, and great for both of you!

#16 1 year ago

This weekend we were kid free, so what kind of weekend did we plan? 3 tournaments in 4 days. Good times indeed!

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

So she claims what, 1.75 machines?

Haha, I was waiting for that. More than just pins in our gameroom, although pins favored

Also have an Arkanoid cocktail, 60 in 1 barcade, House of the Dead 2, Police Trainer, Mortal Kombat 2, Pirates themed claw machine, and a linked pair of Rush 2049 SEs.

#18 1 year ago

Though my wife does support my hobby hesitantly, she puts on a façade & just goes w/ it. There have been several machines that she enjoyed, but the novelty wore off rather quickly. JP & TFTC are two of the titles that she seemed to enjoy, as long as she had a few or so beers. Then when we purchased TWD, as that truly seemed to click w/ her & this machine seemed to finally break her pinball shell. Then after two or three weeks, TWD kicked her rear end & she has barely touched it since. I recently purchased a Golden Tee Complete & even though she depises golf, she is completely glue to this machine & the JVL Encore. I guess the only way I can comprehend, is if I was forced to watch one of her cooking shows or crochet one of her marathon blanket projects. To each his/her own I suppose ~ But how can one not like pinball?!?

#19 1 year ago

The timing of this post was awesome in relation to her talking about a putting a game in the living room. When we arrived at today's tournament, the host had 7 machines in one living room, 2 in another dining room, and one temporarily setup in the family room. This sealed the deal on her idea!

#20 1 year ago

Both

#21 1 year ago

I'll agree with that!

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I jumped into this hobby 2 years ago with a woman I had just met 10 months prior. She never played pinball before she met me. Our first pin purchase involved an 8 hour trip to the arcade auction in NC. We brought home a grand lizard. 6 months after that we were at 4 pins, and technical out of room in the basement. A couple of times along the way she did mention "you aren't still looking for a machine are you?".
    Fast forward to today, we removed the foosball table and a couple of other things from the basement and currently have 9 machine. The most recent machine is still sitting upstairs in the living room. During Christmas weekend she said to me "I kind of like one of the machines upstairs, a lot of people enjoyed playing it". This made me smile!
    Well today she said "I have been thinking about where to put a game permanently in the living room, how about the corner by the TV".
    I gave her the biggest smile and said we can make it happen!!
    I'm so thankful I have a woman who loves all aspects of pinball. She loves playing. Loves going to shows. And loves the excitement in getting a new machine. For her 40th birthday I bought her an Aerosmith Premium and for Christmas her best gift she received was a pinball poster that she absolutely loves.

That is awesome. In our home, pinball is my wife s passion. She is quite happy having 3 or 4 machines that never change. It is me that wants to have 10 machines constantly changing them around for new ones. Pinball is all about having fun.

#23 1 year ago

Its all a ruse she just wants a baby.

#24 1 year ago

Here is where she decided she wants game #1 in the family room. One room down, 3 more to go

8134EF00-801A-4D5C-8049-63DCFD7D18E4 (resized).jpeg

#25 1 year ago

You’ve got a keeper for sure... and the envy of many of us on here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside