Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1034 (resized).JPG
IMG_1033 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).PNG
P1050416 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

When I got my Lucky Hand the WOW (light box unit) unit was slow to reset. Discovered it had about a half a tube of super lube on the main spring. Degunked as best I could knowing a complete disassemble and cleaning was in need --- worked fine for over a year but the time has come.

Is this ??capacitor?? stock? If yes - what does that look like on the schematics?

P1050416 (resized).JPGP1050416 (resized).JPG

Original or not -- what is it's purpose? a quick fix for an issue?

Does it age therefore replace.

If not original, should it go away?

#2 5 years ago

It's a resistor and I don't see it on the schematic. It would look like this:

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 5 years ago

The lightbox advance unit for my Lucky Hand does not have one of those. If you decide to remove it, check the coil to make sure it’s the correct one. A stronger coil with low resistance may have been substituted by a service technician and that resistor counteracts it.

Another thing to consider: the lightbox advance coil tends to burn up the wiper board on the 10k score reel:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/10k-reel-wiper-board-pitted

So maybe that thing (capacitor?) is there to mitigate this type of damage. Is there a label somewhere on it?

#4 5 years ago

IMG_1034 (resized).JPGIMG_1034 (resized).JPGIMG_1033 (resized).JPGIMG_1033 (resized).JPG

So ? Keep or Clip?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

So ? Keep or Clip?

Clip. You can always solder it back on if need be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lucky-hand-wow-unit?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.