Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Inkochnito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0128 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4813 (resized).jpg
    Gottlieb_Lucky_Hand_instruction_cards.pdf (PDF preview)
    20190105_111751_resized (resized).jpg
    20190105_111744_resized (resized).jpg
    20190105_111043_resized (resized).jpg
    20190104_180715_resized (resized).jpg
    20190104_175825 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hey a buddy just dropped off a #LuckyHand for restoration. I noticed novelty mode settings and scoring to 1M in bg lights, very similar to Neptune. I set it up and sure enough it gives 50K points for a WOW and 5 knocker hits. Although the lightbox extra 1M scoring isnt working. Waiting on yet another PBR order for cir dia and manual. But in the meantime, anybody got a "Novelty mode" instruction card for this game? Will get Peter the standard 3ball 5Ball card info since he does not have this listed...

Thanks
    Ken

20190104_175825 (resized).jpg20190104_175825 (resized).jpg20190104_180715_resized (resized).jpg20190104_180715_resized (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

I don’t have mine set up like that but am a BIG fan of novelty mode on Neptune. I’ll try it on this one soon

#3 5 years ago

Well I think I found the reason for the novelty mode scoring not working! And of course this game has very novel scoring, 1110 for a rollover, three chimes in quick succession.

20190105_111043_resized (resized).jpg20190105_111043_resized (resized).jpg20190105_111744_resized (resized).jpg20190105_111744_resized (resized).jpg
    #4 5 years ago

And it looks like Ive answered my own question, the score card images on ipdb, the second card is "novelty mode", "WOW value 50,000 points"

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1488&picno=26295

20190105_111751_resized (resized).jpg20190105_111751_resized (resized).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

I do have some image, but I haven't made a file for it (jet).
    I have B-17532 (3 balls), B-17533 (5 balls) and B-17534 (3 balls).
    No novelty, but then again I don't remember ever seeing any novelty cards for a Gottlieb game.

#6 5 years ago

If it says WOW value 50,000 points then its novelty...

#7 5 years ago

I was able to create a file with four kind of instruction cards.
    I added some score cards too with add a ball scores.
    The file will be on my website too at the end of the month.

Gottlieb_Lucky_Hand_instruction_cards.pdfGottlieb_Lucky_Hand_instruction_cards.pdf
    #8 5 years ago

You da man, Peter!

#9 5 years ago

great, thanks Peter!

#10 5 years ago

I haven’t tried novelty mode with my Lucky Hand. Do all the rollover lanes along the top light for WOW like Neptune does on its lanes?

#11 5 years ago

It alternates between one lane and all lanes lit for Wow even right at the start although I need to check to see if this is the right function. But once you make it to royal flush to make then all drops are Wows too. Its a lot of fun, seeing the higher scoring in the backglass lights

#12 5 years ago

Think this is only difference on game instructions.

IMG_4813 (resized).jpgIMG_4813 (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

It alternates between one lane and all lanes lit for Wow even right at the start although I need to check to see if this is the right function. But once you make it to royal flush to make then all drops are Wows too. Its a lot of fun, seeing the higher scoring in the backglass lights

The knocker will fire like it's Saturday night in Chicago to quote clay Harrell!

#14 5 years ago

Thanks everybody. I'll print out Peter's file for the novelty settings. I guess the scoring card would be blank

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Thanks everybody. I'll print out Peter's file for the novelty settings. I guess the scoring card would be blank

My Neptune (now sold) came with a scoring card for novelty mode that said “FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY”.

#16 5 years ago

I found this card in my Lucky Hand set. This is probably its scoring card for novelty mode.

IMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPG

#17 5 years ago

Ok what drives the KS relay on Lucky Hand, KS (an AS ministepper) drives the wow function on the top rollovers nd without cir dia I cant figure out what drives it? i would imagine its one of the scoring relays...but I dont see it moving

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinhead52:

Ok what drives the KS relay on Lucky Hand, KS (an AS ministepper) drives the wow function on the top rollovers nd without cir dia I cant figure out what drives it? i would imagine its one of the scoring relays...but I dont see it moving

Center pop drives it.

#19 5 years ago

ah... its been hit or miss, I'll look for a contact on that relay thx

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from leckmeck:

I found this card in my Lucky Hand set. This is probably its scoring card for novelty mode.
    [quoted image]

It looks like it can be used for many other games too.
    The card number A-11312 is too low to be specific for Lucky Hand.
    I'll create a seperate file for this card and put is in the red Gottlieb section.
    Thanks @leckmeck!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lucky-hand-novelty-mode-instuction-card and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.