IMG_0616 (resized).JPG
IMG_0615 (resized).JPG
IMG_0613 (resized).JPG
IMG_0614 (resized).JPG
20161210_161039 (resized).jpg
IMG_3612 (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_0612 (resized).JPG
IMG_0611 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So I pretty much have the newly acquired Lucky Hand at 95% -just need the pbr parts- thanks to help from an EM mentor. The rebound rubber and the ball gate position are incorrect and holes for the proper positions are not there. The certificate looks original in design/paper type/type/ age color, does not look like it was removed prior. Could be a good repro print using the available template.

Thoughts?
I'm tempted to drill and move -- but bot having the left side not open hasn't really impeded scoring -- adds a bit more work which tho not as designed, increases the difficultly thus justifying the lazy-ass leave it as I found it approach.

IPDB photo: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1488&picno=23721&zoom=2

My machine:

IMG_3612 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_3612 (2) (resized).JPG

IMG_0612 (resized).JPGIMG_0612 (resized).JPG

IMG_0611 (resized).JPGIMG_0611 (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that looks like a oem cert label not a repro, but the rebound rubber is not right. it even looks like there is another whole lower on the apron but even if you moved it to that hole it would still be to high....???

xactly! Thanks for the cert observation boilerman - matches what I see and a twin to one on my Vulcan also a 1977 machine - can certs be lifted and reapplied without evidence? I would think not. If this was oem I would have more heartburn moving them.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

wish the games could talk

I tried a laying on of hands but it didn't speak to me - blown fuse no doubt!

#8 7 years ago

There is a slight indentation at the other hole that looks like the rebound was mounted lower but I think that would cause some trapped balls -- a ball gate would make more sense

Then there is that ball gate to far out from the trough. No other holes. Ball slips around and back to plunger often. Looking at the Vulcan arch - it would be as designed. Also the drawing in the parts catalog shows Jacks Open / Lucky Hand arch set up as boilerman shows.

Maybe built on a Monday and Inspector #21b was a bit under that day.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

could you post photos of the underside of the apron

Will do this afternoon.

#17 7 years ago

Arch flipped.

IMG_0613 (resized).JPGIMG_0613 (resized).JPG

IMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0614 (resized).JPG

IMG_0615 (resized).JPGIMG_0615 (resized).JPG

IMG_0616 (resized).JPGIMG_0616 (resized).JPG

No sign of other holes?

So as such a unique specimen plus the fact that it is loaded with soon to be replaced #44 GE bulbs I am hoping I can do a trade for a slightly used RV or pick-up!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

could the ball get stuck between the rebound rubber and the left lane guide?

No, the near bottom of the rebound is fairly snug to the guide. I think it could get stuck or rest on the rebound if moved so as to use the other hole. Do not think any reorientation of the bracket works.

So its: let it be, drill for proper placement of the rebound - doubt if I'd ever get to filling unused holes - and maybe the gate OR look for an arch with proper set up. Will ponder but thinking I will end up drilling just the rebound.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lucky-hand-arch-certificate?tu=zaphod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.