68DC687E-4C9B-4FCC-AEF3-E8E0D9691237 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).png
lucky ace score motor circuit (resized).PNG
E70B811E-860D-47F6-850D-655555642CC0 (resized).jpeg
682FB423-6F99-4F91-B019-1B87A07D6396 (resized).jpeg
A75CA121-E38D-4AB5-B75D-76C679995735 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).png
Capture1 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Working on a Williams Lucky Ace. I was able to get the game shopped, replaced the power cord and get most of the issues sorted out. One score reel and the game over relay coils were fried, so I replaced those.

But I have one issue remaining.

When you hit the start button, score reels reset to 0, stepper moves and the ball is about to kick out of the trough. But...the bonus will not reset properly and keeps advancing the score reel by 1,000. Ball then doesn’t kick out.

I can kick the ball out manually, which ends the bonus mech running. Plays normally.

Sometimes when it drains, everything resets properly and the game plays. Other times, the bonus mech just keeps running again after each ball.

I’ve checked every switch, nothing arcing. No loose wires, rechecked stepper and bonus mech. Don’t see any other issues. Driving me nuts now.

Video below. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Actually a second issue. None of the chimes are working either.

#4 3 years ago

Opening it back up now. Thanks much! I’ll report back.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check this Reset relay sw. and the score motor sw. 4C.

Which switch and where is it at in that circuit? My bonus relay is attached to a bracket on the backside of the PF.

A75CA121-E38D-4AB5-B75D-76C679995735 (resized).jpegA75CA121-E38D-4AB5-B75D-76C679995735 (resized).jpeg

And the outhole relay is on the transformer board in the bottom of the cab. They look more proximal to each other in the schematic you posted.

682FB423-6F99-4F91-B019-1B87A07D6396 (resized).jpeg682FB423-6F99-4F91-B019-1B87A07D6396 (resized).jpeg

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

Unscrew and remove the ball trough apron to watch the operation of the ball release coil and arm. Clean coil sleeve and plunger.

All of that is done already on the trough and kicker arm. Disassembled it all, thoroughly cleaned with new sleeve. Works smoothly and properly. I’ll check out the switch on the score motor cam.

E70B811E-860D-47F6-850D-655555642CC0 (resized).jpegE70B811E-860D-47F6-850D-655555642CC0 (resized).jpeg

#8 3 years ago

Well I hit that whole stack with Flexstone and must’ve adjusted something wrong...no reset, score reel reset doesn't initialize and ball won’t kick out at all. The score motor cam just keeps running nonstop.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

When you say you hit "that whole stack", were you referring to the 4th motor cam that curriedog posted earlier?

Getting back to it in 15 min. Thanks fellas.

I was referring to the 4th switch stack on the motor cam.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Then make sure that they all do the opposite when the bottom sw. piece drops into the divot.

This is driving me crazy. No matter how I adjust the second switch up, it is not in the open position when the bottom switch tip is in the divot. It just stays closed due to the plastic spacer.

Either it is continuously closed even when in and out of the divot, or continuously open.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Ya know, looking at it closely now, I see that the top 'switch line' is missing in the schematic and it likely should be open, then closed when in the divot. Sorry 'bout that.

I thought you were right the first time. Am I not correct that the yellow circle indicates closed, and the green circle open?

And that is with the switch cam in the normal position, meaning the switch not in the divot, correct?

68DC687E-4C9B-4FCC-AEF3-E8E0D9691237 (resized).jpeg68DC687E-4C9B-4FCC-AEF3-E8E0D9691237 (resized).jpeg
#17 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check the cam in the bottom right.

So this means that the third cam would be in the divot, being it’s normal position for opened or closed designation on the schematic?

C8756FD6-023E-4707-8370-2455E7B9E773 (resized).jpegC8756FD6-023E-4707-8370-2455E7B9E773 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#22 3 years ago
Quoted from crazycunuck:

I came across this site and this thread while researching how the "Match Unit" on my Lucky Ace machine works. My machine starts and is playable. If it would help you, I could take some pictures of any switch. Just let me know.

Awesome. Thanks.

The game started having other issues, so I jumped off it for a little bit to take care of other things. I’ll be jumping back on it tomorrow.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

You could also just have my game for 500.00 and your game in trade and I will get it working LOL!

500+ the game I have? Good to see you are still you. LOL. Hope Gerry is well too.

This isn't my game, I’m repairing it for a friend’s dad. Already did a ton of work to it, shopped it, etc. Was weeding through the last few issues after adjusting a ton, replacing burnt coils...and then it started having functional issues. All switch and relay related now.

Good to hear from you though man. Take care and stay safe. I’ll reach out to you once I dive back into this thing tomorrow night.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from crazycunuck:

some of my relays names are missing, and there are no numbers for my score motor cams so you might need to be a little creative in your descriptions i.e third cam starting from the off /on service jack, 4th relay from the back on the left hand side

Awesome. Thank you. I’ll check back in when I crack it open tomorrow.

#27 3 years ago

OK. Done playing games. Ripped it open. Hate adjusting the switches on the scoring motor with the transformer board still in the game.

I wish Williams did the hinged transformer board lift like old Bally games.

6D65F0DE-2CA3-4616-B578-659FE2B394E3 (resized).jpeg6D65F0DE-2CA3-4616-B578-659FE2B394E3 (resized).jpeg
#28 3 years ago

And I think I solved the chime issue. Two of the coil sleeves were all gummed up and the pin wasn’t even striking the chimes. Switched out the sleeves.

#29 3 years ago

Start button won’t do anything now. Seems dead. Game will only start by manually rotating the wheel on the coin chute to engage the leaf switch. Then it plays one ball, but won’t advance or do anything else once the ball drains.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the Credit Button switch doesn't activate the Coin relay, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires

Great. I’ll read through it and give it a whack. Thanks Howard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lucky-ace-reset-amp-bonus-issue?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.