Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hd54kh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi all as the title describes. I checked continuity and voltage to the relay connections for the three bumpers on top and the two lower kick back. I have 14 volts DC to each location but the solenoids will not activate. When I make the relay contact(s) voltage goes to 0.

Any further suggestions to help me?

Terry

#2 5 years ago

The capacitor across the bridge rectifier output might be bad pulling the output voltage down. With the age of the rectifier I would change that too.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Pinballdaveh, This is a good start. I'll have to look in my spare electronics bin. If no luck there I'll need to search locally or go online. I'll get the specs from the schematic I got online. Machine is all original and shows it but is still fun. I just moved and set it up in my new space and this is a new issue. I have not used it in maybe six months or so. Went from freezing weather to 90 degree and up.

Thanks again - Terry

#4 5 years ago

Thanks, I first swapped out the cap and still same issue than the rectifier and all is well. I figured due to age the cap could have failed, the rectifier fixed it but I don't know if it was just the rectifier. The cap due to age/service needed to go as well. I had to use a 1.0uF 100 volt cap so not sure if this was ok to use.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lucky-ace-bumper-and-kickback-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.