• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by psd4me
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Doesn't the lower switch just run the self test?

#4 6 years ago

Never worked on a lucky seven specifically but every early Williams I've used, the lower button is the self test, and buttons in the coin door are used to access audits. Earlier games use the upper button and dip switches for adjustments, later games use the coin door buttons

#6 6 years ago

Ah, it does say that, interesting. But since the leds aren't flashing and turning off, it's failing the self test, so it makes sense you won't get into setup mode. Lower LED locking on means that it's having a problem accessing one of the 6810 RAM chips. Even if they test good, it could be that one of the sockets is bad, or part of the address decoder isn't working, or something like that.

Does the game work at all right now? Does it get to attract mode or anything before you press the lower button?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Also does anybody have an image for any of the test roms out there. I bought the one from Marco pinball but it doesn't seem to be working I can't get it to run in my fully operational Alien Poker either.

Leons: zacaj.com/sys6tst.716

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I've tried a -3 and -4 trace cut and jumper added on -3. I assume if this was done wrong the board wouldn't boot.

It doesn't do any checksum test until you hit the lower button so technically it could manage to boot without all the roms working properly, just depends on how they laid out the code.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Makes sense. I was leaning towards a problem with the roms but I'm completely new to rom burning so not sure what's correct and what isn't. Where should I go from here?

Personally I don't think your 2732s are helping the situation. Technically they should be fine usually but it's just one more thing to suspect. I'd pick up some 2716s or 28c16s to rule that out

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I got my 2716's burned them and have the same issue. I have determined it's the eprom's though. I put my Alien poker roms in the updated -3 board and they boot and test fine. So I'm doing something wrong or my images are corrupted. I'm burning them as a .bin file is that correct?

That should be correct, yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lucky-7-valid-rom-checksum?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.