Luci both (resized).png
bedazzle (resized).jpg
70FFDFD4-1D35-41E6-841D-A51960289748 (resized).jpeg
luci2 (resized).jpg
luci (resized).jpg
acdc (resized).jpg
cd387aebda9d195fa9a71567e39ab96ae59152ab (resized).jpg
_MBA1468q copy (resized).jpg
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The pictures Stern released...were they actual games or computer generated?

One of them is fake news.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Poor Phil.... he's now a shadow.
FYI. This run is 250 units. Done.

Done. Until sales stall in between releases and the next run comes.

#103 6 years ago

I'm sticking with my Pro VE. I could get over the speaker panel. But the side art bugs me. I love the Luci art package. But the positional changes of her in the side art just don't work for me. They may seem subtle to some, but to me they just wreck it.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm sticking with my Pro VE. I could get over the speaker panel. But the side art bugs me. I love the Luci art package. But the positional changes of her in the side art just don't work for me. They may seem subtle to some, but to me they just wreck it.

It doesn't make sense for them to change it, unless they thought the modifications make the image more playful than sexual?

The trouble with Stern games is that the extra premium/le features usually never get coded worth a damn. Mini playfields to hyperloops, it's just more bling than substance.

Rob

#105 6 years ago

Who did the cabinet and Translite art for Luci, was it Kevin OConnor?? This revision is terrible and was clearly thrown together. Again people say how pinside is so negative, but if my figure drawing instructor from college saw this crap, that person would get shredded! I am paying $6800 for this machine, the details matter, especially when something is made worse, not better.

#106 6 years ago

So you guys are worked up about a cartoon devil girl drawing?

#107 6 years ago

sideart is cool as i unpack the pin i drool over it and then when i squeeze it in between 2 pins idgaf. never to be seen until i sell it and its out the door. no such thing as keepers.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yup. The only difference between this and the Premium VE is the art. Every discussion has been had, and the only thing Stern changed was that.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm hearing the bad drawing isn't what's shipping, so hopefully it's a non issue.

There's personal taste, and there's basic anatomy. If you don't care about sexy devil girl drawings I don't blame you, but if you do I think it's legit to care that her leg looks mangled, that's not very sexy.

#111 6 years ago

I’m confused. Are these pictures legit? I’ve looked all over and don’t see Stern posting any Luci VE pics.

Where did you guys get these pics?

I’m definitely cancelling my order if the pics are legit and her leg is all fu$&ed up. Would be a huge bummer to me.

#112 6 years ago

I believe this is called, “paralysis by analysis”.

#113 6 years ago

I thought the leg analysis with drawings was a joke, just have some fun. But people are actually cancelling orders over it? Wow!!!

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I thought the leg analysis with drawings was a joke, just have some fun. But people are actually cancelling orders over it? Wow!!!

keeps production numbers Low!

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just can't figure out what's going on with her right thigh/butt. It's like her leg is held on with rivets or something, and doesn't connect with her ass. The line shouldn't keep going up like that. Why did they do that? Wasn't like that on the original, which admittedly had some other weird things going on in that area, but I'm not sure this is actually better.
Like, try and visualize your eye going down her torso, and then continuing on to her thigh (let's not make this weird). You should be able to do that in a continuous motion. You can do it with the Playboy model here just fine. But on Luci it all breaks down. Sorry, once I see this kind of thing I can't unsee.

I think I found the model they used for the art

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#116 6 years ago

So this is not the luci vault pics?????

#117 6 years ago

this place really cracks me up sometimes... I mean hell, in a row of pins, are you even going to see or have an issue with her?

I saw it as she was just doing a sexy prowler crawl... I don't care what her legs look like, she can crawl through my pinball life anytime she pleases!!!

Happy Monday pinside!!!

#118 6 years ago

Did anyone notice Luci on the VE only has one eye?

#119 6 years ago

So a cartoon character that is not anatomically correct is a deal breaker?

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

So a cartoon character that is not anatomically correct is a deal breaker?

A game you only buy for a specific art package, and people actually care about what that art looks like. So weird.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A game you only buy for a specific art package, and people actually care about what that art looks like. So weird.

Thank you! Someone who gets it. Pinbal machines are more art than anything to me. I rarely play mine. I like to flip them on and look at them. Weird I guess. This is why this art matters to me. You don’t like Luci? That’s cool! I like this package, I just want it to look right.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m confused. Are these pictures legit? I’ve looked all over and don’t see Stern posting any Luci VE pics.
Where did you guys get these pics?
I’m definitely cancelling my order if the pics are legit and her leg is all fu$&ed up. Would be a huge bummer to me.

These are not official wait till Stern releases an official announcement with pictures.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Pinbal machines are more art than anything to me. I rarely play mine. I like to flip them on and look at them. Weird I guess.

Well at least someone can finally admit it.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thank you! Someone who gets it. Pinbal machines are more art than anything to me. I rarely play mine. I like to flip them on and look at them. Weird I guess. This is why this art matters to me. You don’t like Luci? That’s cool! I like this package, I just want it to look right.

Makes sense on this game given that it has an utterly useless lower playfield. #PinThatsOnlyCoolToLookAt

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Makes sense on this game given that it has an utterly useless lower playfield. #PinThatsOnlyCoolToLookAt

The mini playfield is actually good during Hells Bells.

Rob

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The mini playfield is actually good during Hells Bells.
Rob

Good for what? Cause it sure ain't the path to win against players putting up 150M song jackpots.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Good for what? Cause it sure ain't the path to win against players putting up 150M song jackpots.

Almost every game has a best path to take for the most potential scoring so make sure you make the same argument in every game thread. And Rob-G is correct that during hells bells the mini playfield can yield big points. Getting to it with 3x going can easily score 20million+ all while increasing your song jackpot and not using your 3x timer.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Almost every game has a best path to take for the most potential scoring so make sure you make the same argument in every game thread.

Really? I didn't know that. I thought the goal in pinball was to score the most points. Why else is there a score?

Quoted from jgentry:

Getting to it with 3x going can easily score 20million+ all while increasing your song jackpot and not using your 3x timer.

Sweet, 20million or more is always my goal when I step up to this game. Now I know how to get there.

I will be certain to use this strategy in an AC/DC pingolf hole where 20 Mil is the goal.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Really? I didn't know that. I though the goal in pinball was to score the most points. Why is there a score?

Sweet, 20million or more is always my goal when I step up to this game. Now I know how to get there.

Can you even read? Most high scores go through hells bells and the lower playfield can give you easy extra points with no chance of draining. I guess you do not like easy points that can make the difference in a match, you seem to know everything about the game so maybe you do not need them.

#130 6 years ago

Can I even read? I don't ever remember seeing anyone play the lower play field on purpose in competition. So if that's the best way to big points, my apologies. You stated 20 mil is big points.

Quoted from jgentry:

mini playfield can yield big points

I simply disagreed.

The path to big points seems to be VIP passes and key bell hits to build PF Xplier, then collect song jackpot. Other points in the game, regardless of where they are located, seem much lesser. If that's not an accurate strategy, I must be watching the wrong players.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Can I even read? I don't ever remember seeing anyone play the lower play field on purpose in competition. So if that's the best way to big points, my apologies. You stated 20 mil is big points.

Depending on how the machine is set up, Highway to Hell and the lower playfield is one way to get safe and reliable points in competition. I've played AC/DCs in tournaments that were so brutally difficult that Highway to Hell won me more than one round. Also, the lower playfield is pretty dang fun if you don't suck at it. Hitting the orbits, the face shots, and then the roving target is pretty dang cool if you're deliberate about it and not just a hopeless flail artist.

#132 6 years ago

Whatever you do, make sure not to listen or learn from anyone.

Quoted from snyper2099:

I simply disagreed.
The path to big points seems to be VIP passes and key bell hits to build PF Xplier, then collect song jackpot. Other points in the game, regardless of where they are located, seem much lesser. If that's not an accurate strategy, I must be watching the wrong players.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Most high scores go through hells bells and the lower playfield can give you easy extra points with no chance of draining. I guess you do not like easy points that can make the difference in a match,

And this is the biggest problem with AC/DC. The one knock on the game. People end up playing it like they are always in a tournament, and that makes it boring. It's why people end up missing the magic of how great a game it is. Being locked into a strategy like that ruins all the fun the game provides.

I'm not knocking anyone for it, but it isn't all about the points.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And this is the biggest problem with AC/DC. The one knock on the game. People end up playing it like they are always in a tournament, and that makes it boring. It's why people end up missing the magic of how great a game it is. Being locked into a strategy like that ruins all the fun the game provides.

That's the one advantage of not being that good at pinball. I just play for fun and high scores tend to be somewhat accidental. One of the reasons I quit playing poker. Playing to consistently win just got too boring. Just a total grind.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Agreed, and quite honestly, that is the problem with most games. Playing them in tournament strategy is boring most of the time as you are trying to find safe and exploitable shots vs progressing through the game.

Quoted from snyper2099:

Fair enough but you also have to keep in mind how you build that song jackpot. The lower playfield will score points and build your song jackpot at the same time with 0 percent change of draining your ball. It's not what will win the game by itself but it's a piece to the puzzle.

#136 6 years ago

Is stern making any more non-Luci Premium vaults? Or have I missed the boat?

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Poor Phil.... he's now a shadow.
FYI. This run is 250 units. Done.

“Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of man”
- The Shadow

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Is stern making any more non-Luci Premium vaults? Or have I missed the boat?

There is still some for sale. Check the pinside marketplace or your favorite distributor.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm hearing the bad drawing isn't what's shipping, so hopefully it's a non issue.
There's personal taste, and there's basic anatomy. If you don't care about sexy devil girl drawings I don't blame you, but if you do I think it's legit to care that her leg looks mangled, that's not very sexy.

If you're worried about basic anatomy there's a lot more in that image than just the leg to worry about that is anatomically impossible. It's art. It's not meant to be perfect.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

It's art. It's not meant to be perfect.

Agreed

fresco10n-1-web (resized).jpgfresco10n-1-web (resized).jpg

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It's a bummer that the mini playfield in ACDC never had more rules coded for it as when it comes to mini playfields it's pretty cool. I found the rules within the mini playfield to be very minimal and it quickly became repetitive for me. Sure there's not a lot of shots but things could have been done rule wise to make it more interesting and compelling to not lose your ball. I'm also surprised that a mini playfield loop champion high score was never put into the game.

I thought ACDC wasn't suppose to be considered software complete until 2.0 but that never happened. I still think to this day that the game would benefit from a mini wizard mode that incorporates both the lower and upper playfield. ACDC's main wizard mode is very difficult to reach as you have to beat every song to get there. The lack of at least one mini wizard mode in a modern pin makes games less fun and fulfilling in my opinion.

#142 6 years ago

I have played so many games in my pinball life but I have never played ACDC. I am in on a Luci VE and it will be like a new release for me. I can`t wait...

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have played so many games in my pinball life but I have never played ACDC. I am in on a Luci VE and it will be like a new release for me. I can`t wait...

It's going to blow you away. AC/DC Premium/Luci/LE is the best game Stern has ever made.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Pinball machines are more art than anything to me. I rarely play mine. I like to flip them on and look at them. Weird I guess.

You too?!!

I thought that I was the only one here!

#145 6 years ago

Name one lower/upper playfield that's better than AC/DC!? (Excluding Black Knight which takes up half the pf). They're all pretty limited.

(Serious question).

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Name one lower/upper playfield that's better than AC/DC!? (Excluding Black Knight which takes up half the pf). They're all pretty limited.
(Serious question).

Black Holes is better with multiple drop Target banks and bonus scoring... And I own an ACDC Premium.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

(Serious question).

Name one that's worse. Only one I can think of is Street Fighter 2.

I'll take WH20, BK2K, HH, BH, Elektra over ACDCs...

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

(Serious question).

White water.
+ others

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Name one that's worse. Only one I can think of is Street Fighter 2.
I'll take WH20, BK2K, HH, BH, Elektra over ACDCs...

BK2K doesn't count either as its really just part of the playfield.

Wh20 does nothing - its really just like an interactive divertor.

GOTPre is worse. AS is about the same, maybe worse.

OK Black Hole is better - but its backwards, so that sucks.

Is Elektra better? Pretty similar to ACDC but takes up almost the entire middle playfield.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

White water.
+ others

There are a lot of games with great upper playfields but most lower playfields suck such as Congo, TBL, Elektra, SF4, etc. ACDC is better than most.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/luci-vault-first-images/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.