Luci both (resized).png
bedazzle (resized).jpg
70FFDFD4-1D35-41E6-841D-A51960289748 (resized).jpeg
luci2 (resized).jpg
luci (resized).jpg
acdc (resized).jpg
cd387aebda9d195fa9a71567e39ab96ae59152ab (resized).jpg
_MBA1468q copy (resized).jpg
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

I ordered a Luci vault and am very excited to get it. I like how the fixed her foot, but that speaker panel decal. Really???? Yikes makes me dizzy. Wonder if I can just order it without the decal. If you’re reading this Stern, please take another stab at that decal. Does not look good.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I ordered a Luci vault and am very excited to get it. I like how the fixed her foot, but that speaker panel decal. Really???? Yikes makes me dizzy. Wonder if I can just order it without the decal. If you’re reading this Stern, please take another stab at that decal. Does not look good.

You'll get over it.

Enjoy your new game.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The decal comes off.

#54 6 years ago

What about the armor? Will it be the red like the original?

Where did you pull these pictures from?

#55 6 years ago

Sorry about all the posts.

What are they doing about the "dancing band" now that there is no drummer? Is the drummer off of that too?

I don't mind the screw for the lower playfield, but I feel like red would have been a better color to outline it with, not that solid black.

Dammit....having second thoughts now....

#56 6 years ago

Did they not turn it on for the new flyer image? That side view looks like pretty dull on the new one.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Unless Stern changed their policy they would only sell the mini PF to an owner of a Luci and I think you had to send back your old mini PF. I

I know that's the policy on LE games, but this isn't limited, so maybe??

#58 6 years ago

Should have done a dirty donny edition instead, luci character looks pretty haggard.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It'll look good once i put a color dmd in there, that will break up all the red nicely.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What are they doing about the "dancing band" now that there is no drummer? Is the drummer off of that too?
I don't mind the screw for the lower playfield, but I feel like red would have been a better color to outline it with, not that solid black.

I wouldn't be swayed by such trivial details. If you like the pin just buy it.

#61 6 years ago

We love Luci. Now we are stocking Laseriffic toppers.
Luci gives it the horns in approval.
I just loved this topper so much I had to carry the line just to sell it.
Lightning bolt mod is sold out along with the red aprons since the vault release but we are rerunning them both in March.

Hookedonpinball.com

down load luz (resized).jpgdown load luz (resized).jpg

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The drummer is still there, just a silhouette of a drummer instead of Phil Rudd.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The drummer is still there, just a silhouette of a drummer instead of Phil Rudd.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I wouldn't be swayed by such trivial details. If you like the pin just buy it.

You might be on to something here....

#65 6 years ago

It would have been ironically funny if Stern also removed the cannon inserts from these new VE models...

Rob

#66 6 years ago

Her left hand looks better on the side art too. Thanks for posting all these pics. I picked up a Premium VE as a Christmas present last year and it has become the fav in our collection. Always wanted a Luci or a Helen, but am very happy with this one.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

At the very least, it makes the Luci version accessible to more people which is a good thing.

Her butt is different too.

Rob

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've always thought the Luci's were FUGLY, but I realize I may be in the minority with that opinion.

No minority here. I never saw the appeal in the Luci version. To me it looks horrible but FUGLY is a way better word.

#69 6 years ago

Guys- It's not just "the drummer" that's missing. It's Phil fucking Rudd, one of the all-time greats. You don't get flashy fills with Phil. You get an unmatched, perfectly-timed groove that is inimitable. Listen to the drumming on Highway to Hell. Seems easy, right? No one who has ever drummed to that song can make it sound like Phil Rudd. It's a shame that he's not on the VE's. He apologized for what he did and has actually reformed his life over the last couple of years, by all accounts.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

We love Luci. Now we are stocking Laseriffic toppers.
Luci gives it the horns in approval.
I just loved this topper so much I had to carry the line just to sell it.
Lightning bolt mod is sold out along with the red aprons since the vault release but we are rerunning them both in March.
Hookedonpinball.com

what do these sell for?

#71 6 years ago

I hear these are sold out. Seriously. I'll verify now.

They sell for the same price as the Premium addition. If anyone is interested and coming to Arcade Expo 4.0 March 16-18, 2018 in Banning, CA (at the Museum of Pinball) I might be able to get a few. PM me.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If Lyman swings back around to it, that is awesome. It certainly does not need it though as it has fantastic code. I'm beginning to think nothing can make pinsiders happy.

I never said I wasn't happy with the AC/DC code?

My comment was based on rumors from a few years back that there was a final update that would be released.

Who knows if that is true or it will happen though.

#73 6 years ago

I know this is nitpicky, but the way they changed the girl on the side looks terrible.

What's up with her leg being next to her abdomen like that.

That said, I'd still love to own an ACDC someday.

Screenshot_2018-02-01-02-32-04 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-02-01-02-32-04 (resized).png

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I know this is nitpicky, but the way they changed the girl on the side looks terrible.

What's up with her leg being next to her abdomen like that.

Hey now, don't be "improper anatomy shaming" Luci. She can't help it. She might have been in a motorcycle accident or suffered a slip and fall (I hear Hell has lots of stairs) in between the original release and now.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The decal comes off.

Whether you want it too or not!

The lower playfield art is smoking hot!

Can’t unsee the original left foot on the original. Ooof! Fail...

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I hear these are sold out. Seriously. I'll verify now.
They sell for the same price as the Premium addition. If anyone is interested and coming to Arcade Expo 4.0 March 16-18, 2018 in Banning, CA (at the Museum of Pinball) I might be able to get a few. PM me.

Who said they are sold out??? This is pure BS! Don’t start BS rumors unless you know the facts! If there is demand, they will build them. It drives me crazy when people post this crap! In another few posts we will hear that the first run is sold out, but there will be another run later in the the year after Maiden......blah blah blah

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Her butt is different too.
Rob

i like my "original butt" version better. she's now got that anatomically incorrect "vault butt" thing goin' on.

#78 6 years ago

I really dislike the art work ... it just seems boring to me and I have just one question on Luci ... Where's her tail?

#79 6 years ago

She is the tail.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I really dislike the art work ... it just seems boring to me and I have just one question on Luci ... Where's her tail?

#80 6 years ago

I have verified

Quoted from thedarkknight77:Who said they are sold out??? This is pure BS! Don’t start BS rumors unless you know the facts! If there is demand, they will build them. It drives me crazy when people post this crap! In another few posts we will hear that the first run is sold out, but there will be another run later in the the year after Maiden......blah blah blah

They are sold out. I do know the facts. I’m in direct communications and there are no more to order. Yeah sure, maybe they’ll run more later but for now they’re gone. Maybe some of the distributors have a few units.

We have one of the originals and another one ordered for the Marco booth at Arcade Expo 4.0 as a DEMO pin along with around 10 other NIB Sterns.

I hate rumors too. But there’s something I hate more.

If you happen to be at Arcade Expo 4.0 you can see both along with over 550 others.

Chuck. Curator, Museum of Pinball

#81 6 years ago

Stern may be sold out, but distributors may still have them.

#82 6 years ago

Wow! Just as ugly as the first time around.

#83 6 years ago

I still think it's the best looking version of one of Stern's ugliest games.

#84 6 years ago

I just can't figure out what's going on with her right thigh/butt. It's like her leg is held on with rivets or something, and doesn't connect with her ass. The line shouldn't keep going up like that. Why did they do that? Wasn't like that on the original, which admittedly had some other weird things going on in that area, but I'm not sure this is actually better.

Like, try and visualize your eye going down her torso, and then continuing on to her thigh (let's not make this weird). You should be able to do that in a continuous motion. You can do it with the Playboy model here just fine. But on Luci it all breaks down. Sorry, once I see this kind of thing I can't unsee.

leg.jpgleg.jpg

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just can't figure out what's going on with her right thigh/butt. It's like her leg is held on with rivets or something, and doesn't connect with her ass. The line shouldn't keep going up like that. Why did they do that?

It's kinda hot in an M.C. Escher kind of way.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow! Just as ugly as the first time around.

Then don't buy one...

Rob

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just can't figure out what's going on with her right thigh/butt. It's like her leg is held on with rivets or something, and doesn't connect with her ass. The line shouldn't keep going up like that. Why did they do that? Wasn't like that on the original, which admittedly had some other weird things going on in that area, but I'm not sure this is actually better.

Like, try and visualize your eye going down her torso, and then continuing on to her thigh (let's not make this weird). You should be able to do that in a continuous motion. You can do it with the Playboy model here just fine. But on Luci it all breaks down. Sorry, once I see this kind of thing I can't unsee.

I'm with you here on this one. Hopefully this is not what it looks like going into production. You're right, now that you've pointed that out....it just can't be unseen. I'll wait it out and see if this is what it looks like for reals. If so, might have to cancel my order. I admittedly have a tattoo on my right arm of a spark plug and there is a line similar to that. The line shouldn't be there and it drives me bonkers!!!! This pin may do the same thing to my OCD.

Why did you have to point this out!!!!!

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Then don't buy one...

Ya think?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If so, might have to cancel my order.

You're not serious?

I can't believe Pinside is debating, in all seriousness, the artistic merits of AC/DC Luci edition.

#90 6 years ago

Hind site says if I was to buy any version of this game, it should have been my friend Don's #15 Back in Black with the replacement play field with the clear window when he was selling it. As that is to me the only decent looking version of this game. I just don't care for red.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You're not serious?
I can't believe Pinside is debating, in all seriousness, the artistic merits of AC/DC Luci edition.

I'm probably overthinking this huh?

#92 6 years ago

Poor Phil.... he's now a shadow.

FYI. This run is 250 units. Done.

IMG_6074 (resized).PNGIMG_6074 (resized).PNG

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

On behalf of the welcoming committee I'd like to say thanks for showing up on Pinside for the first time

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm probably overthinking this huh?

Probably. I can understand if someone has a moral objection to the subject matter, or doesn't want it in their house because of kids/wife etc. But not buying it because of some artistic anomaly or because it's not "good art" doesn't make sense to me. It's been drawn with a purpose, and achieves that. It's not trying to be "good, tasteful art".

#95 6 years ago

The pictures Stern released...were they actual games or computer generated?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Fixed it for you Aurich .....meet Lucibot:

luci pinbot (resized).jpgluci pinbot (resized).jpg

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Stern may be sold out, but distributors may still have them.

What he said.

Again, we will have one in 5 weeks and have the original. We'll see how they compare. We also have an LE (but that's besides the point).

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Fixed it for you aurich .....meet Lucibot:

Ok that made me laugh, nice one

#99 6 years ago

Is there a Shaker Motor Installed in the Vault Editions or is that just an optional purchase?

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Is there a Shaker Motor Installed in the Vault Editions or is that just an optional purchase?

Option

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
16,500 (Firm)
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/luci-vault-first-images/page/2?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.