Luci both (resized).png
bedazzle (resized).jpg
70FFDFD4-1D35-41E6-841D-A51960289748 (resized).jpeg
luci2 (resized).jpg
luci (resized).jpg
acdc (resized).jpg
cd387aebda9d195fa9a71567e39ab96ae59152ab (resized).jpg
_MBA1468q copy (resized).jpg
There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

Lovely new Luci Vault first images. Wow!

8B23CCF2-E253-437D-9D96-316730717304 (resized).jpeg8B23CCF2-E253-437D-9D96-316730717304 (resized).jpeg

32A0957C-F953-4C89-B377-3C318DB5D856 (resized).jpeg32A0957C-F953-4C89-B377-3C318DB5D856 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Ah the understated, subtle glory that is the AC/DC art package!

Looks ok to me besides the general garishness of all AC/DC playfields. I have no problem with the window mount and screws.

#3 6 years ago

They should have corrected the overly pink skin tone IMO, otherwise I love the Luci package.

#4 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind getting one of those mini PFs for my BIBLE.

#5 6 years ago

can we get 1st luci vs 2nd luci?

#6 6 years ago

Nice, I agree the screw in window is not an issue. It may even be an asset. I know they probably went that route to steer clear of the ghosting issue. I also like the fact they stayed with the lollipop rails. I bet this run will sell out double quick.

#7 6 years ago

Do the VE AC/DC Premium/LUCI have the snap latch lock down bar?

#8 6 years ago

New speaker panel art is a bit much for me. Now the whole backbox looks like one of those illusory motion images. The old black panel was nice, breaking up that spiral pattern and framing the display.

But I'm guessing too much is never enough for people into the Luci art package.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

can we get 1st luci vs 2nd luci?

_MBA1468 copy (resized).jpg_MBA1468 copy (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

I thought the speaker panel was different! Thanks!

Love the luci and helen versions

#11 6 years ago

_MBA1468q copy (resized).jpg_MBA1468q copy (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

The red on the trim package looks different to me. It's less of a candy apple red and has more "orange" to it.-could just be the pictures though.

And I agree with Yancy on the speaker panel art. It's a bit much and I prefer the look of the original.-maybe someone will come up with a nice aftermarket alternative such as the stainless steel backpanel which was available for the original?

#13 6 years ago

Do they both have plastic aprons? Or just the new one?

#14 6 years ago

Looks cool! Bought mine, will be my first nib I kinda wish they would offer alternate apron cards for the home market though, rather than their typical bright yellow ones that seem more made for location use.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Do they both have plastic aprons? Or just the new one?

The "old" Luci has plastic apron. Aprons look the same on both pins.

#16 6 years ago

Looks like they fixed her left foot on the VE. It always looked a little strange on the original. I like the new image better. Like others have said, that speaker panel is too much. Original black wood wins on that feature.

#17 6 years ago

Looks great.

#18 6 years ago

wow looks great. my first nib this year.

#19 6 years ago

I've always thought the Luci's were FUGLY, but I realize I may be in the minority with that opinion.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've always thought the Luci's were FUGLY, but I realize I may be in the minority with that opinion.

Oh the cab/glass is comically bad. It looks like something a college cartoon character would own.

#21 6 years ago

They have lots of decent tunes for a band with no drummer.

#22 6 years ago

Dumb question of the day...who the Hell is Luci and what does she have to do with AC/DC? I'm familiar with Rosie.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was waiting for someone to say it actually. I thought I may be the only one, lol.

#24 6 years ago

I am jealous because I have always wanted this game. But makes me think, what if you put new cabinet art on a old Pacman cabinet to make it a Mspacman game? Charge more for it, but.... It plays the exact same except the bitch has a bow in her hair!!!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh the cab/glass is comically bad. It looks like something a college cartoon character would own.

In all fairness, my "standard" premium looks like a piece of shit as well, especially when compared to other Stern machines.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As an ex-college cartoon character, I must say that I love it, and I've placed an order for it.

Of course, you might have assumed that, judging by certain Christmas t-shirt designs I've made.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I wouldn't mind getting one of those mini PFs for my BIBLE.

Unless Stern changed their policy they would only sell the mini PF to an owner of a Luci and I think you had to send back your old mini PF. I'm kind of surprised that someone hasn't made decals for premium/LE owners that want those images on their PF. Me personally, I prefer the Helen image in the mini PF

cd387aebda9d195fa9a71567e39ab96ae59152ab (resized).jpgcd387aebda9d195fa9a71567e39ab96ae59152ab (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

In all fairness, my "standard" premium looks like a piece of shit as well, especially when compared to other Stern machines.

That is fair. Weirdly I think it looks better than this though. The whole red/black front of the machine is hideous...but then again I'm not a Black Night fan art fan and this has a little bit of that.

Quoted from 85vett:

Me personally, I prefer the Helen image in the mini PF

Yeah that's a good look right there.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That is fair. Weirdly I think it looks better than this though. The whole red/black front of the machine is hideous...but then again I'm not a Black Night fan art fan and this has a little bit of that.

Yeah that's a good look right there.

My favorite is the "standard" premium with the Luci translite.

acdc (resized).jpgacdc (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Dumb question of the day...who the Hell is Luci and what does she have to do with AC/DC? I'm familiar with Rosie.

she appeared on several old concert flyers.

luci (resized).jpgluci (resized).jpg

luci2 (resized).jpgluci2 (resized).jpg

#32 6 years ago

I always took LUCI to be Lucifer.

#33 6 years ago

Looks fine to me. The new window is whatever, I don't love, I don't hate it, the playfield on ACDC isn't a thing of beauty that it's ruining. If I had overpaid for a used Luci I'd probably be mad, but I'm just kicking myself for being lazy about putting my plain ol' ACDC Premium up for sale sooner, gonna be harder to move it with this vault appearing.

#34 6 years ago

Should’ve done a Bedazzled version.

70FFDFD4-1D35-41E6-841D-A51960289748 (resized).jpeg70FFDFD4-1D35-41E6-841D-A51960289748 (resized).jpeg

#35 6 years ago

Good ol' Stern photoshopped playfield. Should have gone with moar Luci everywhere over PS'd pics of the band members, minus the drummer. I think they could have had a much better package hiring an artist to emulate the old flyers that she was prominent on. If it's a Luci edition, make it LUCI edition!

#36 6 years ago

I probably missed this in a post somewhere, but what is the pricing for the Luci vault edition?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Good ol' Stern photoshopped playfield. Should have gone with moar Luci everywhere over PS'd pics of the band members, minus the drummer. I think they could have had a much better package hiring an artist to emulate the old flyers that she was prominent on. If it's a Luci edition, make it LUCI edition!

Yeah I wish they Luci'd the playfield as well, would have made it epic. Does anyone sell apron cards customized for the Luci edition?

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Should’ve done a Bedazzled version.

Actually the AC/DC playfield looks pretty bedazzled already.

bedazzle (resized).jpgbedazzle (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago

Just ordered

#40 6 years ago

Loved to see what Dirty Donnie would do with this Luci theme.

#41 6 years ago

Still waiting for the 'surprise' AC/DC code update to push VE sales

#42 6 years ago

I actually like that new speaker grill

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still waiting for the 'surprise' AC/DC code update to push VE sales

If Lyman swings back around to it, that is awesome. It certainly does not need it though as it has fantastic code. I'm beginning to think nothing can make pinsiders happy.

#44 6 years ago

Bought the first edition of premium back in 2012. Been bolt to the floor since then. Happy to see that game is still available and keeps running. Like I said back then if every house had one the world would be a better place hehehe. Enjoy guys..... this game is awesome. My favorite pin of all time with Metalica.

#45 6 years ago

Has Stern announced if the Luci vault has the upgraded sub like the original Luci edition and LE's? Please don't tell me this is where they cut cost.....

#46 6 years ago

Controversial opinion: this game needs more help in the playfield layout than the art department.

#47 6 years ago

Ordered mine last week when it was first announced,As for the upgraded sub,I just went and bought the flipper fidelity speaker set with the sub,There is a metal apron that you can get as I got one of those as well,I do believe that stern sells the clear colored plastic ones which one of them is a clear red,I would like to get one of those stainless speaker panel

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Wiggy76:

Has Stern announced if the Luci vault has the upgraded sub like the original Luci edition and LE's? Please don't tell me this is where they cut cost.....

Neither Vault editions have the upgraded sub.

#49 6 years ago

Disclaimer - I own an original Luci

I don't like the new speaker panel. Just dizzying. Easy fix with an aftermarket decal though.

Not a fan of all the screws in the middle playfield window but I understand why they did it.

I like how they changed her left foot position on the side of the cabinet.

I'm hoping the armor is the same red as the original.

BTW, external sub is the way to go with this game. HUGE difference.

Quick Photoshop comparison -

Luci both (resized).pngLuci both (resized).png

#50 6 years ago

At the very least, it makes the Luci version accessible to more people which is a good thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/luci-vault-first-images and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.