• $5k to 6k 43 votes
    20%
  • $6k to 7k 78 votes
    37%
  • $7k to 8k 42 votes
    20%
  • over $8k 36 votes
    17%

(Multiple choice - 210 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2016-03-07_at_9.19.12_PM_(resized).png
165066_(resized).jpg
Luci_home.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

They are worth enough for Stern to do another run of them

As for yours, yes, 6k is too low. 8k is too high. I'm presuming the next run from Stern will be about 6600 (expired license just means they have to pay for a license again). So anyone paying more than 7k is going to lose out. Sure, they will have a great game to play, but as soon as the next run hits, it will lose almost a grand.

1 week later
#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

I thought there was one more non modded for sale at $8k. Now I have to go check.
***Edit.
yes there is one more huo for $8K. It has the bell timber mod only. I think that is like $12 so basically this is stock with not much $$$ in mods. Does have the box it came in too.

Paging Mr Stern. Mr Gary Stern, please pick the courtesy phone to have a discussion with Dave's wallet.

4 weeks later
#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yep, and "the Luci experiment" was considered by Stern to be a flop.

Wasn't IM as well the first time around? Sometimes good ideas just take a little while to catch on.

6 months later
#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I've been trying to replace my AC/DC Premium in Florida for about a year with no dice. Demand is high. And people are claiming that Luci's are selling for $8500.

Now I get it. You're a buyer. You're having a hard time believing the pin you want to buy went up to 8500 bucks. But they are 8500 bucks. And as Greg has said over and over, the cost of making more is much too high due to the licensing costs being jacked up by the band. Stern won't do that because then every license will hold them over a barrel.

At some point well into the future the bands managers will lower the price of the license back to normal... Or they won't. But right now Luci is an 8500 dollar game. Don't be all butthurt over it because you want one.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I am a buyer.. that's owned a LTBR and BIBLE, and am currently an original owner of a Tron LE. I know what limited run pins are, and what aren't, and I would never buy a Luci for $8500. Quite honestly, I just want a nice AC/DC premium. I can't seem to find either at the moment. But I'm confident one will pop up eventually. Someone listed a Luci for $8500, and someone else listed theirs for $8500 because they thought is someone is willing to pay that (ridiculous) price, why not sell it and cash in. It's not the new market standard by any means IMO. If it is, it doesn't bother me personally, because I'm not going to pay it. I'd rather find another LTBR for a little more.
I know nothing about music licensing, but I couldn't imagine it would be that bad. For years, Gary Stern said he couldn't get the Kiss license at a reasonable price, but they managed to pull that off. I just don't think it's out of the realm to be renewed when there's money left on the table.

If I had a Luci in my gameroom right now, I'd launch it into the market with a rocket. They may keep going up, or they might not. But I'd take it at 85.

As for the licensing, yes, usually they are reasonable. However AC/DC signed a 3 year deal, and the game ended up being a monster hit. After it expired it is my understanding that Stern tried to renew it. However instead of being reasonable the management of AC/DC realized it was a money maker, and they priced it much too high. So Stern said no. At some point they might get together, but nobody knows. Right now it is in purgatory because the bands management is asking an unrealistic price...

AND if you notice, this is EXACTLY the same thing that is happening in the market with the price of Luci. And in this example, YOU are Stern. The price has risen to an unreasonable level (8500). You don't want to pay it, so you don't get a Luci right now. You are in the exact same position as Stern is. You are leaving money on the table because you could sell that Luci at 7500 dollars instantly. However it would cost you 8500 dollars to get it.

Someone from the outside is looking at you and saying you are leaving 7500 dollars on the table by not selling Luci when they don't understand your costs to get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/luci-value?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.