• $5k to 6k 43 votes
    20%
  • $6k to 7k 78 votes
    37%
  • $7k to 8k 42 votes
    20%
  • over $8k 36 votes
    17%

(Multiple choice - 210 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2016-03-07_at_9.19.12_PM_(resized).png
165066_(resized).jpg
Luci_home.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Warbound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Seeing how they are out of production, ebay has none listed and pinside only has 1 for sale at $8k...what are they really worth? I have 2 and both have invisglass, timberbell mod, led speaker mod and cannon mods. Huo too. Thinking mine are worth $6k min. Am I low?

#7 8 years ago

Tx for all feedback. I heard someone say that the license cost may have went up to acdc. If true then stern may nod their head no to a ve. Who knows for sure though!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Tx for all feedback. I heard someone say that the license cost may have went up to acdc. If true then stern may nod their head no to a ve. Who knows for sure though!

#10 8 years ago

I feel dumb...what is "Got"? I did search first but received tons of non related hits.

Tx

1 week later
#13 8 years ago

Hey everyone...the very nicely modded Luci sold in the marketplace! $9,500. GJ to tbe seller!

#16 8 years ago

I thought there was one more non modded for sale at $8k. Now I have to go check.

***Edit.
yes there is one more huo for $8K. It has the bell timber mod only. I think that is like $12 so basically this is stock with not much $$$ in mods. Does have the box it came in too.

#22 8 years ago

My wife and I are daily players...at our home obviously. Luci gets the most attention. She is better than me (holds high score on every pin we buy) but on Luci I can take 2/3 from her sometimes. That alone keeps me loving this game. It is hard for me to get a grip on values for Luci. I have tried just because I am curious. My understanding is only stern knows how many were made...this makes it difficult to compare and value. I wish the production count would leak out to the public.

On another note...I heard from a reliable source that stern would have to pay a much higher licence fee to run acdc again. Now note, I did not say they would not run a V.E., I just heard it will cost them $$$ to do it. Sooooo if Stern nods their head no to another Luci run, then Luci's will probably hold their value well for years to come. Maybe even go up more but I don't know....seems they are lofty value already so just holding current prices would be nice for owners!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from little-italy:

NIB under 200 plays,lcd mod,train topper,cannon mod.

Maybe it is not the same one.in my pm's to happily he mentioned an lcd mod and topper but not a cannon mod. Either way, he definately tested the resale market further which helps us all understand values one step further. Especially me. Luci and PM values are so puzzling since so few are ever for sale. I paid $4k for my PM 2 years ago and I seen a few recently list and/or sell for $3k to $3.6k. I kind of thought the value would have gone up but it did not....hmmmm....unless I over paid.....hmmmm...quite possible. Not the best negotiator here

Speaking of lcd mod's...that lcd mod looks great! I am on the list to get it when more are made.

1 week later
#47 8 years ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

I bought a Luci. 8K.
To some that's high. To some not.
But I was going to buy an ACDC anyway. So why not a limited edition.
I was wondering what the MSRP was on this game. Didn't they sell for 7k new? That's what I found online.

NIB Luci sold for between $7,195 and $7,495 if I remember right.

2 weeks later
#67 8 years ago

Well folks. It appears another Luci sold for $9,500(if he/she got asking). This was for a NIB. So no mods or upgrades but you get the pleasure of being first to play it!!! If we can believe the Craigslit ad, it sold 18 hours ago outside Chicago. Here is the ad:

****Stern AC/DC "Luci" pinball. NIB SOLD - $9500 (Markham)
Brand new, Still in a sealed box. Highly collectable and very rare (less than 200 made). AC/DC "Luci" premium pinball by Stern. Prefer local pick up. 9500.00 FIRM!

SOLD!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers****
chicago.craigslist.org link

#68 8 years ago

Hey btw everyone. I was just wondering....has anyone even ever seen/played a Luci on route? Anywhere? The C.L. ad I posted 2 minutes ago, claims less than 200 were made. Not sure if true because many, including myself, have often wondered how many are out there. If less than 200 then would it not be more rare than LTBR or BIB LE editions? Has anyone seen one of those on route as well?

Just curious.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I can confirm there was less than 210 made. I don't have the exact number. Never seen a Luci on route, but I have heard someplace in Chicago has one. I have seen a BIBLE on route about 2 years ago.

Then it is almost like LTBRLE right? Was that like 200 produced? Hard to believe it is just as rare while it does lack the serial # and other LE features.

1 week later
#78 8 years ago

Just seen a Luci on ebay for $9,975 obo. Has no mods but is huo with minimal plays...10 if I remember correctly. If it sells for list price it will set a new record. So far a nib Luci and a huo but with mods Luci have sold for $9,500

Wonder how high the value can go? It really intrigues me observing this surge in value over the last 6-8 weeks!

ebay.com link: AC DC LUCI PINBALL MACHINE 10 PLAYS ON IT

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

That same Luci that sold for $9500 did sell for $8500 a short time after though. Weird.
In the Ebay ad the seller changed the translite of Luci? It does not even say it will come with it. Weird also.

You are correct, that is strange. You would think it has to include original tranlite. If not then imo it is worth much less than a Luci which is stock(has original translite). Also, I did not know the same Luci sold for $1k less. Why did someone take a loss like that so quickly? Perhaps the buyer really really hated the game afterwards and just dumped it for best offer? Strange indeed!

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Hmm. I wonder how many "loaded" Lucis are out there? I consider mine "loaded" with Helen translite and instruction cards, Pinbits bolts, PMD LCD, Laseriffic topper, powered external sub, and superbands. Still want to add bell mod, cannon mod, and speaker inserts/lights. Might add shaker, but I don't want gameplay to be impacted. Also have new playfield and original parts that were removed for mods.

How did you get a hold of a spare Luci P.F.? Direct from Stern? Follow up, why have a spare playfield? Are you a distant thinker and protecting for a swap 10, 20 years from now? Are you routing your Luci and will swap once enough $$$ is made?

TX in advance, just curious.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Found one!
image.jpg

Where??? I have been searching for weeks with zero luck

#90 8 years ago

Gj scoring it. I have zero confidence that I will locate one. I heard they do not and will not be making any more

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

It could always be lit in a more subtle way with less intense lighting under it.

Yes, exactly! If the planets align perfectly and by some billion to one chance I find this apron, I will be definately dialing down the lumens. Just a gentle glow is what I would shoot for.

1 week later
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Warbound:

Just seen a Luci on ebay for $9,975 obo. Has no mods but is huo with minimal plays...10 if I remember correctly. If it sells for list price it will set a new record. So far a nib Luci and a huo but with mods Luci have sold for $9,500
Wonder how high the value can go? It really intrigues me observing this surge in value over the last 6-8 weeks!
ebay.com link » Ac Dc Luci Pinball Machine 10 Plays On It

Well folks. The auction ended. Seller did not get list price but took an offer price of $9,700 it appears. All I can say is wow!!! An almost NIB with low plays but N0 MODS fetches $9,700....amazing. I wish the actual production count would leak out already, for good or for bad. I am flippin curious lol.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I have just added more mods to mine. It is now a $15k machine. $17k if I get an AC/DC cover band to sign the instruction cards.

I added the red translucent apron. Most was easy...a hairdryer easily removed the decals from the original apron, really a piece of cake! The somewhat hard part was adding led strip lights inside of it. I got lucky though. I needed 12 vdc and the acrylic speaker led mod I did reminded me of the 12 vdc aux connector up front in the cab. It's where the speaker mod gets its juice. I just piggy backed off of that. I still want to add more lights that will tie into the cannon lights. My 12 vdc ones will not work there. I think they are lower voltage...maybe 6.4 volts. Si I have to buy some lower voltage led strips now. Off to ebay and pinball life later tonight

#108 8 years ago

300? That is more than most rumors but who knows for sure. Do you think Stern is tight lipped because they do not want to release to the public so they do not shaft/hose/offend the LE owners should the quantity end up less than their titles? Would make sense I guess and I am ok with it. The LE guys/gals paid more for exclusive production limits so they should by all means come first when Stern decides what or what to say regarding Luci...my opinion anyway.

#110 8 years ago

They did publish the LE quantities though...right? I guess that is what I mean. With those numbers released (200 and 300 I think), then releasing Luci numbers could potentially affect value of LE and offend LE owners (if Luci is less manufactured). If true it sure sounds like a fluke or accidental happening. Can't believe Stern would do it on purpose. I hope they ve Luci so the LE folks will get their scarcity status by having the lowest produced. I don't mean to tick off fellow Luci owners, looking to flip for a nice profit, by saying that. To each is own if you keep or flip. I just hate to see LE folks upset. I never owned an LE but if I dd I would want it to be more limited than a premium flavor released near the end of the license run.

#113 8 years ago

Actually buy a pin for whatever reason the buyer decides. Who are you to say only one reason can exist and it is the one you approve of? Lol, yeah right.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Lol. "I'm into pinball." "Oh, yeah? What's your favorite title to play?" "Play? I just buy low and sell high." Lame.
Who are you to say I can't have an opinion...

Well I am not the one implying profanities toward those that pinvest.

Lol

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Do you have a source for any of your "sold" Luci prices. Sounds like your making shit up to me personally. I sold mine for $5600 right before the huge spike in demand, so guess I missed out a bit, lol. I figured prices have risen to maybe the 7k level at best. Luci was a great package, but its still decals IMO. If/when Stern reruns they should make her skin tone less pink. That always bothered me a bit.

I wont even waste my time on you.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

I see pinvesting as a way to drop large amounts of money into games with some confidence that all the modding and cleaning and care put into a game can someday have a reward. Even if the reward means you have broken even. Some games we take big risks buying without ever playing the game. If we knew we were going to lose a thousand dollars if we didn't like it, we'd all take less chances and potential minimize this hobby.

Hey I look at it like this. Let's suppose some guy or gal decides to get into pins. Let's also say that person walks down memory lane and remembers spending time and having fun on Guns n Roses. Wants one bad....but....$5k is not an option. So the person starts buying $1k lethals and Barb wires, cleans them and dumps for $1,500. 8 to 10 of these pinvest activities/flips and hello Guns. So to each is own and if that provides a means to an end for someone then fine, it is their money and their time and effort...their business period.

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Technically you already did since you responded to his comment. LOL!

Doh!!!! I guess your right lol. Anyway, hey...I made this thread because I was seeing acdc prices rising and was simply curious. Every post here from me, included a link to the C.L. or ebay ad. One was verified by the actual seller and buyer posting here. I do not make things up...I would not waste Pinside folks time by playing BS games like that!

One thing is interesting about the ebay Luci that sold recently. The day it ended (and a few days after) it said, "Sold" and had a price of $9,700. I clicked on it yesterday and now it says, "Unsold" and a price of $9,700. The auction is over and I do not see a relist. The original price was $9,975. Soooooo, question....does that mean the buyer wigged out? Changed mind and the status changed to u sold? I am not an ebay expert and not sure if you can win an auction but then change your mind after and leave the seller hanging.

***Edit*** Crud. I just clicked on it and now I don't see the word unsold. Maybe I'm wrong. Just noticed that ad was local pickup only too. Didn't notice that earlier. Also noticed on other part of page it says auction was ended by seller and is no longer available. Could that mean the seller and buyer emailed eachother and are going to do a private, direct transaction and deprive ebay of it's fees?
ebay.com link: AC DC LUCI PINBALL MACHINE 10 PLAYS ON IT

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

That Luci on Ebay at $9700 says Unsold on the closed listing.

Does that mean the buyer wiggled out? I am not an ebay guru. First the price was $9,750 with no buy it now but did have or offer. Auction ended and said sold but with $9,700 price. Now you click and it says unsold like you posted. What does it mean? Does ebay let you buy or make offer then change your mind afterwards? Just curious. I heard some people takethe transaction private through email in order to screw ebay out of fees. Not sure how much an ebay pin auction costs but I would guess a couple hundred.

#140 8 years ago

Maybe prices are correcting back a little after the huge 60 day surge that took place. Hey, do you know if it had any mods or was it stock?

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

haha, Facebook just reminded me about a post from exactly one year ago (those memories posts).... the day I brought home my HUO Luci

Luci_home.jpg

What kind of vehicle is that where there is only one rear door and it swings to the left? I like it.

#151 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not correcting. LEs are generally around 10, Luci is in the 8s, and now premiums seem to have broken the 7000 threshold. And it seems you don't even have to put a for sale ad out anymore - people will just come out of the woodwork and offer it to you.

You are right. LE was, is and should be the highest of the 3.

1 week later
#156 8 years ago

Another Luci for sale. Lightning bolt and shaker mod. The days of $9k + Luci's may be gone for good. This one is offered at $7,800. Also, the seller claims, in the ad, that less than 200 Luci's were manufactured. We all have discussed that already and agreed that any number cannot be verified or authenticated due to Stern being tight lipped on the issue. Anyway, here is the C.L. Url for the Luci I mentioned.

southjersey.craigslist.org link

#158 8 years ago

Looks like the same pin. Perhaps he is giving pinsiders $200 off. I still wonder where he got the less than 200 made opinion from.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Warbound.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/luci-value?tu=Warbound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.