Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Labelle 102.jpg
    LotusTopBig.jpg
    th-2-835.jpeg
    th-2.jpeg
    image.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    99020-Bel-Ray-6-in-1-Group.png
    image-877.jpg
    IMG_3284.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Agreed. Super lube is good, I get it from work for free. But there is another I get from work for free and it is my go to lube for pinball machines. It is called Tri-Flow. It is a lightweight oil with Teflon. Works great on spinners. Comes with a tiny diameter straw to put a small amount exactly where you want it!

There is an added bonus with Tri-Flow. It smells nice! Like bananas.

I prefer SuperLube Gel for loaded pivot points like stepper units in EM and kickers like the OP has. There is a Superlube Aerosol too. Very good for the initial soak of gummed up parts and also like you use Tri-Flow, I use the tiny straw to put it just where I want it. It goes on thinner than Tri-Flow but lubricates just as well IMO.

I use Tri-Flow a lot but not in pinball machines. I feel like it is thicker and leaves more of a residue. I use it on bicycle chains, door hinges, paddlocks, door latches, etc... I can hit those things really hard and then wipe off the extra.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

Is it better to use the tube or the aerosol ? Or it doesn't make any difference ?
    I'm thinking about lubricating the 2 rods of my Johnny Mnemonic hand mechanism, do I need to spray the lube along the rods or simply put some grease in the 2 X and Y nuts ?

I would use the Superlube gel in your case

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I use WD-40. Ha! Not on pivot points, but it does work wonders on rusty leg levelers and cabinet locks.

breaking rust is what it was designed for

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

Actually displacing water is what it was designed for.
    Yes, I know, I ended that in a preposition. I can't be a WD-40 stickler and an English stickler at the same time.

You are right. After I posted that, I went to the ole internet thing and looked it up. WD-40 = Water Displacement perfected on the 40th version of the formula.

Thanks for the English (actually more of a grammar) lesson too. That is something I have not thought of.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Cool. Kneissl (spelling?) just moved here to the area also. I'd have a big get together but I only have 3 machines at the moment... Kinda underwhelming.

Then have a small get together!

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps one of the best lubricants ever.

th-2.jpeg 0

th-2-835.jpeg 0

I figured that would have shown up in this thread much sooner.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lubrication-1?tu=pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.