5j75uj (resized).jpg
vinceneil (resized).jpg
match game motley (resized).jpg
no-offense (resized).jpg
F1BEF4AF-EDCA-4E9B-B43B-17E9927326A5 (resized).png
D5E807EF-64ED-41FA-B880-3CFE2CF3B380 (resized).jpeg
6B5090F4-F59B-41FE-9D28-A5B757A3F4FA (resized).jpeg
B16E5E05-4C9F-4FA8-BD97-D9343209D05F (resized).jpeg

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People keep saying this, but people
Keep buying them.
May as suggest to Stern that making money is a bad idea.

Hence the reason I said "I don't think WE" as pinball buyers "need another music themed pin". There are enough.

Let's be honest. Any game they come out with will sell with numbers higher than they can produce. Supply is simply smaller than demand.

Crazy days we live in.

#52 4 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Hence the reason I said "I don't think WE" as pinball buyers "need another music themed pin". There are enough.
Let's be honest. Any game they come out with will sell with numbers higher than they can produce. Supply is simply smaller than demand.
Crazy days we live in.

May I add, I would love and my wife would love... a great Eminem game. Enough of the classic rock already.

#53 4 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

May I add, I would love and my wife would love... a great Eminem game. Enough of the classic rock already.

Hmm, I'm not sure what the iconography would be for this. Marshall Mathers isn't really visually compelling. Maybe a Roadshow-type game where you work your way up through the music ranks to become Eminem? I would play that only if they also had mini modes like "heroin trip", "detox", "munchausen mom" and "bitter divorce" to really do an honest road to rap god experience. Speaking of which, Rap God would make a great wizard mode.

#54 4 months ago

Micheal Jackson is the only music pin I would want to play. Bored shitless with all the others. The world's greatest and most successful entertainer (and big pinball player), needs a pinball machine of his own. F**k all the old fart rock bands.

#55 4 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Micheal Jackson is the only music pin I would want to play. Bored shitless with all the others. The world's greatest and most successful entertainer (and big pinball player), needs a pinball machine of his own. F**k all the old fart rock bands.

Seems unlikely...but at least you can buy yourself a moonwalker video game!

#56 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hmm, I'm not sure what the iconography would be for this. Marshall Mathers isn't really visually compelling. Maybe a Roadshow-type game where you work your way up through the music ranks to become Eminem? I would play that only if they also had mini modes like "heroin trip", "detox", "munchausen mom" and "bitter divorce" to really do an honest road to rap god experience. Speaking of which, Rap God would make a great wizard mode.

Music pin... That means music my special friend.

#57 4 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Yes!! Maybe John Trudeau can design it! Can't wait!!

#58 4 months ago

I really would love a motley pin but also Van Halen.

#59 4 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Music pin... That means music my special friend.

Of course it means music, but there needs to be an art package and theme to go with the music. Just saying Eminem isn't really an artist with a visually compelling body of work like an Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Metallica, Ozzy, Rob Zombie, or Michael Jackson, etc. He's just a dude that raps well. So, probably a RoadShow/Career Builder theme.

#60 4 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Not even close, and I’m not a big Crue fan. They have books, mini series based on them and another new one coming out. They are vastly more popular and relevant then Rush.

and rush has their own day in canada!

#61 4 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

#62 4 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

and rush has their own day in canada!

And isn't that enough? How greedy are these bastards?

#63 4 months ago

I would go for Crue but first need a VH please.

#64 4 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Isn’t there already a kiddie mb in wonka?

#65 4 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

a great Eminem game.

Eminem is fuckin shit.

no-offense (resized).jpg
#66 4 months ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

F**k all the old fart rock bands.

Won't happen cause u know the whole child sleeping in his bed thing. What r gonna have "Jesus Juice Multiball" The fact that its the only music pin u would play is quite disturbing to say the least.

#67 4 months ago

Crue would be an instant buy for me. Was actually talking about that with my wife the other day when a Crue song came on the radio.

#68 4 months ago

RUSH all day!! Not even close!!

#69 4 months ago

The imagery and theming alone for Rush is enough to sink the Crue.

#70 4 months ago
match game motley (resized).jpg
#71 4 months ago

Butthole Surfers because they're my favorite band ever

1 month later
#72 3 months ago

And really, in the end this is about selling pins... So based on that I think Rush would be a better business decision and that demographic will simply generate more revenue.

#73 3 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And really, in the end this is about selling pins... So based on that I think Rush would be a better business decision and that demographic will simply generate more revenue.

That's what I think. Rush fans are like a slightly smaller fanbase of KISS fans

#74 3 months ago

This has already devolved into Theme Thread #49 (nod to the James Gang), but answering the question at hand, Crue all day. Pinball rock music needs to kick you in the teeth early & often. Should be a big riff right out of the gate, and/or reach the hook in under a minute. Rush is drywall guy music, helps pass the time. Bob Rock production is what you want for pinball.

#75 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

This has already devolved into Theme Thread #49 (nod to the James Gang), but answering the question at hand, Crue all day. Pinball rock music needs to kick you in the teeth early & often. Should be a big riff right out of the gate, and/or reach the hook in under a minute. Rush is drywall guy music, helps pass the time. Bob Rock production is what you want for pinball.

Lol.. drywall guy music. Love it.

How many motley people are even alive or can even still stand up for any length of time, much less to play pinball... Can they even afford a pin on disability income?

#76 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Bob Rock production is what you want for pinball.

Just an opinion here, but looking at Bob Rock produced albums… other than one instance (The Cult Sonic Temple) I can see very little impressive about his work. In fact, of the bands mentioned - their albums went downhill starting with him coming on (and yes, Metallica’s Black album falls into that category… and especially Dr. Feelgood)

#77 3 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

I can see very little impressive about his work.

Fair enough. Sonic Temple, Dr. Feelgood, and the black album are the biggest selling, most enduring, radio ready, fist-in-the-air albums by those three bands. Pretty sure that's what you want in a pinball license. As a geriatric Metallica fan I can barely stomach the black album, but the production is stellar, for those tunes.

#78 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Fair enough. Sonic Temple, Dr. Feelgood, and the black album are the biggest selling, most enduring, radio ready, fist-in-the-air albums by those three bands. Pretty sure that's what you want as a pinball licensee. As a geriatric Metallica fan I can barely stomach the black album, but the production is stellar, for those tunes.

Bob Rock also produced the much-maligned self titled Crue record, which if it was by ANY OTHER band would have been a huge release. Not really fair to blame Vince leaving on Bob Rock. Nobody could have salvaged that situation in terms of sales. But man did Corabi write some awesome tunes

#79 3 months ago

Vince is waiting for his royalty check. He's ready for some pinball...

vinceneil (resized).jpg
#80 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Or uh, lunch

#81 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Great thanks PinMonk... Now I can't un-see that.
If a picture is worth a thousand words the poll has been answered.

#82 3 months ago

If the Motley Crue pin is true to its theme, you'd get an STD every time you played it. I'll take the RUSH theme, just on their instrumentals alone (YYZ, Main Monkey Business, La Villa Strangiato, and so on. Besides, I'm too old to hang out with "Girls, Girls Girls!".

#83 3 months ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

first need a VH please

Amen to VH before Crue.

#84 3 months ago
Quoted from Evets:

If the Motley Crue pin is true to its theme, you'd get an STD every time you played it. I'll take the RUSH theme, just on their instrumentals alone (YYZ, Main Monkey Business, La Villa Strangiato, and so on. Besides, I'm too old to hang out with "Girls, Girls Girls!".

I LOL’d

2 weeks later
#85 72 days ago

Crue for the win, then Tool would be my next choice. The album artwork would make for a sick playfield and there's enuff video ip to make a crazy pin. I doubt there's much ICP love on Pinside but I'd be down with the clowns.

#86 72 days ago

I'll pick the band that didn't kill anyone and treat it like a joke.

#87 72 days ago
5j75uj (resized).jpg
#88 71 days ago
Quoted from BabyPac:

[quoted image]

Are you implying only pussies buy Rush pins?

#89 71 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you implying only pussies buy Rush pins?

Well I'm buying one so he could be onto something...

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside