5j75uj (resized).jpg
vinceneil (resized).jpg
match game motley (resized).jpg
no-offense (resized).jpg
F1BEF4AF-EDCA-4E9B-B43B-17E9927326A5 (resized).png
D5E807EF-64ED-41FA-B880-3CFE2CF3B380 (resized).jpeg
6B5090F4-F59B-41FE-9D28-A5B757A3F4FA (resized).jpeg
B16E5E05-4C9F-4FA8-BD97-D9343209D05F (resized).jpeg
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

IF, and only IF one of these two bands were a pin theme, which would you prefer? Assume gameplay is equal on both.

#2 2 years ago

Pretty close out of the gate

#3 2 years ago

Musically i don't really care for any of them, but would say Butthole Surfers is the better of the three.
And just the name Butthole Surfers sounds like a fun theme for a pin

#4 2 years ago

Motley Crew all day, it’s my wife’s dream theme. I see tons of mode potential...., Girls Girls Girls wizard mode, Livewire multiball, Smoking in the boys room scoop, Dr. Feelgood ramps....make it happen Stern!

#5 2 years ago

Love the crue and I really feel their music and image is much better than rush for pinball.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Love the crue and I really feel their music and image is much better than rush for pinball.

You may lose your Canadian citizenship for this post.

#7 2 years ago

Crue would be cool only if they use current pics

be fun to have one pin with a guy fatter than Axl Rose

#8 2 years ago

Definitely Rush - think of the modes!

But I’d be down for Crue too. The surfers? Great band but not for a pin

#9 2 years ago

I know Rush has a dedicated fan base, and I do like their stuff now and then. But... are they more popular than Motley Crue?

#10 2 years ago

Motley Crue sucks ass.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Motley Crue sucks ass.

And what about Rush?

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

And what about Rush?

Legendary. Perfect for any listening occasion.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I know Rush has a dedicated fan base, and I do like their stuff now and then. But... are they more popular than Motley Crue?

Hard to say - Crue has sold more than twice as many albums (100 million vs 40 million) but the last Rush tour sold FAR more tickets. I’d say the question is: whose fan base is more reliable / dedicated. It’s Rush by a mile

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hard to say - Crue has sold more than twice as many albums (100 million vs 40 million) but the last Rush tour sold FAR more tickets. I’d say the question is: whose fan base is more reliable / dedicated. It’s Rush by a mile

Not even close, and I’m not a big Crue fan. They have books, mini series based on them and another new one coming out. They are vastly more popular and relevant then Rush.

#15 2 years ago

I saw an X-ray of a girl passing gas multi ball would be something to re-see.....

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They are vastly more popular and relevant then Rush.

Motley Crue. Relevant. Ahahaha!

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Rush. Relevant???

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Rush. Relevant???

Asking for a friend.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I saw an X-ray of a girl passing gas multi ball would be something to re-see.....

His singing ability on this song is amazing. Must have trained for years on this one

#20 2 years ago

Need a hit? Cover. Ask ugly kid joe. Hobby Needs a cover pin: Joan Jett crimson & clover shaker revurb mode, Camper van Beethoven matchstick men drops, Elvis everything 2x, delta blues reverse flipper rip off, sampling multiball wizard mode!

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Found this in my 18 yr olds library, she said who’d fuck is Rush?

B16E5E05-4C9F-4FA8-BD97-D9343209D05F (resized).jpegB16E5E05-4C9F-4FA8-BD97-D9343209D05F (resized).jpeg
#22 2 years ago

Uff Crew is the fucking worst band not named Poison. Rush has 1 solid all time great album.

They were drinking from a fountain
That was pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Uff Crew is the fucking worst band not named Poison. Rush has 1 solid all time great album.
They were drinking from a fountain
That was pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Mikey had a facial scar, and Bobby was a racist
They were all in love with dyin', they were doin' it in Texas

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Mikey had a facial scar, and Bobby was a racist
They were all in love with dyin', they were doin' it in Texas

That’s what the nails said. 88 Lines About 44 Women

#26 2 years ago

Seye s'elpoep retho hguorht
Kool uoy woh tsuj wonk reven uoy
Swohs ti segami eht
Semitemos nus eht dnim t'nod I

#27 2 years ago

Rush has such an enormously dedicated, niche fanbase. They have always been ripped on and criticized as a dorky prog, pseudo-intellectual rock band. But they also have a very hip fanbase too(Jack Black, Billy Corgan, Tom Morello, etc etc). There’s a lot of depth there with their catalog and various phases of their career. I think a Rush pin would be amazing and really unique. Motley Crue is fun and the first 2 records rock pretty hard. But it’s more basic, pedestrian, lowest common denominator rock(not necessarily a bad thing.) I just don’t think a Crue pin would be as interesting. I imagine an opening plunge that triggers the start of Tom Sawyer…goose bumps. YYZ multiball, temples of Syrinx mode, spirit of the radio mode, etc. I think Rush would be a very unique and moving pin.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Rush has such an enormously dedicated, niche fanbase. They have always been ripped on and criticized as a dorky prog, pseudo-intellectual rock band. But they also have a very hip fanbase too(Jack Black, Billy Corgan, Tom Morello, etc etc). There’s a lot of depth there with their catalog and various phases of their career. I think a Rush pin would be amazing and really unique. Motley Crue is fun and the first 2 records rock pretty hard. But it’s more basic, pedestrian, lowest common denominator rock(not necessarily a bad thing.) I just don’t think a Crue pin would be as interesting. I imagine an opening plunge that triggers the start of Tom Sawyer…goose bumps. YYZ multiball, temples of Syrinx mode, spirit of the radio mode, etc. I think Rush would be a very unique and moving pin.

User name checks out

#29 2 years ago

Not a fan of either of these themes...Motley Crue would probably be my choice though between them. If the crue guys didn’t mind it being a little campy and included the more over the top elements of their self-alleged activities it could be a little fun. And their music - while kind of disposable and light, could work ok in the confines of a pinball.

Rush I’m just not a big fan of..and their appeal across demographics (ie women) seems to be about nil. There are some very dedicated rush fans but I bet there’s more generic “80s rock fans” who would go for a crue game to relive their teenage hijinks in the 80s.

Rush would probably do ok in sales (like all classic rock pins) but I think crue would do better.

#30 2 years ago

When I was young, rush was dubbed as smart rock. Never really figured that out. Guess I'm dumb

#31 2 years ago
6B5090F4-F59B-41FE-9D28-A5B757A3F4FA (resized).jpeg6B5090F4-F59B-41FE-9D28-A5B757A3F4FA (resized).jpegD5E807EF-64ED-41FA-B880-3CFE2CF3B380 (resized).jpegD5E807EF-64ED-41FA-B880-3CFE2CF3B380 (resized).jpeg
#32 2 years ago

Where the fuck is Gryszzz when you need him?

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Where the fuck is Gryszzz when you need him?

Probably in jail.

#34 2 years ago

Vince Meal is breaking my heart .If he gets in shape,2022 tour happens and the Dirt 2 comes out I definitly see them getting they’re pin .

F1BEF4AF-EDCA-4E9B-B43B-17E9927326A5 (resized).pngF1BEF4AF-EDCA-4E9B-B43B-17E9927326A5 (resized).png
#35 2 years ago

Rush,Ozzy, bring them on .My opinion is nothing beats metal as a theme .

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Vince Meal is breaking my heart .If he gets in shape,2022 tour happens and the Dirt 2 comes out I definitly see them getting they’re pin .
[quoted image]

The pin could have the videos get worse the more shots you miss until you're left with...this for the final "guess the lyrics" wizard mode...

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The pin could have the videos get worse the more shots you miss until you're left with...this for the final "guess the lyrics" wizard mode...

lmfao …That’s great

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

lmfao …That’s great

Voila!

Heh. It's my favorite of all the subtitled Vince Neil mumbly songs. The guy that subbed it is a comic titan.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

Why does everybody think there’s still a chance Vince might lop off 150 pounds and suddenly remember how to sing again?

Seems very unlikely.

#40 2 years ago

The Shah Sleeps in Lee Harvey's Grave 12 ball multiball, please. I'd probably want to go lie down under a blanket for a while after it was over, but still.

#41 2 years ago

As a long time hip rock and roller that’s seen all three of these bands live in their prime it’s no contest, and it’s not Rush or the Crue. But since they probably won’t make a Butthole Surfer game I’m gonna hijack and say SABBATH!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

As a long time hip rock and roller that’s seen all three of these bands live in their prime it’s no contest, and it’s not Rush or the Crue. But since they probably won’t make a Butthole Surfer game I’m gonna hijack and say SABBATH!

Sleeping wall of remorse
Turns your body to a corpse

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sleeping wall of remorse
Turns your body to a corpse

Then Iommi takes over and then ....NIB! (and not new in box, nerds). That’s it, I’m dropping the needle and waking up the family.

#44 2 years ago

Wow...even though these bands are straight out of childhood I don't care for either one of them. Just for kicks how many of you want a hair band vs say Smokey and the Bandit? The A team, or Dukes of Hazzard? So many cool titles from the 80's that would make for a better theme. Then move to the 90's and start with Star Trek DS9, Quantum Leap, or maybe do a better X Files....then 3rd rock from the sun...and Firefly all better than all the hair bands, for me anyway.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wow...even though these bands are straight out of childhood I don't care for either one of them. Just for kicks how many of you want a hair band vs say Smokey and the Bandit? The A team, or Dukes of Hazzard? So many cool titles from the 80's that would make for a better theme. Then move to the 90's and start with Star Trek DS9, Quantum Leap, or maybe do a better X Files....then 3rd rock from the sun...and Firefly all better than all the hair bands, for me anyway.

I don't think we need another music pin either. But the question is simply Rush or Crue, which would you prefer if you even care,

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't think we need another music pin either.

They can stop making them when they give us Sabbath, Van Halen, and Judas Priest.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

They can stop making them when they give us Sabbath, Van Halen, and Judas Priest.

I think a Sabbath/Ozzy pin is a must. Any 3 of those would be great. I would be down for a Crue pin as well. Everyone makes fun of the old rockers who get fat but look at Axl and GNR is hot as fire.

#48 2 years ago

I still love the old crue stuff, the dirt is a great movie, watched it twice.

That being said if ozzy/sabbath isn’t next something seriously wrong.

#49 2 years ago

Sabbath and Slayer, I like Rush but not for a pin. Crue? no thanks. The Priest is just common sense.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't think we need another music pin either. But the question is simply Rush or Crue, which would you prefer if you even care,

People keep saying this, but people
Keep buying them.

May as suggest to Stern that making money is a bad idea.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltltpollgtgt-motley-crue-or-rush-as-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.